Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwalker Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Asking for a Lap Top before accepting a new role.
    I work in the IT industry and the time-frames are challenging.

I have recently been offered a six month contract however I do not want to accept this offer unless I am provided with a Lap Top.

I have a Lap Top in my curent role and I am able to dial in from home to access the system and work additional time from home.

If I ask for a Lap Top the agency and the employer may think that I am too demanding.

What should I do ?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
    HI Gwalker -

I would put it in a way where it wasn't "demanding", but more of an inquiry.

You could inquire, "Will a company owned laptop be provided ?" or " Is it customary for a laptop to be provided?"

Being that the industry you have been offered the position, is IT, they more than likely would understand you asking, however, being that it is a 6 month contract, do not be surprised, since it is short term, that one would not be provided.

It would also depend on the terms of the contract. Do you have a copy of the contract? In the contract it should stated what is being provided to you and what is expected of you.
    Since you asked the question, I would presume it is unclear to you. So, to answer your question, I see nothing wrong in making the inquiry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

Eula toolbar on my dell lap top [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I start my computer a full screen page appears with the message 'this page cannot be displayed etc. Is there any way of stopping this page appearing

Lap top help [ 7 Answers ]

I got this lap top for Christmas and need someone to check it over. I am sending all the info about it. It is "slow". And the username is not mine--how do I change that? What can I put in it to go faster---or take out? Gloria ...

Lap-top monitor renewal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there: I had a tarffic accident this summer, which basically led to the braking of my lap top. My lap-top is an old Toshiba notebook CDT-620. Does anyone have an idea how much it will cost to get a new monitor? Cheers Marko

Shut down and boot up of lap top [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older IBM Thinkpad 390X running Windows 2000 Professional. For some reason, when I start my computer, it takes several tries of turning it on and off and taking it through several shutdowns before it functions correctly. For example, when I click on my desktop icons, nothing happens - I...

View more questions Search