Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosalie2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Red bump-white bump in labia minora
    Hi all,

I've surfed through this site trying to find a solution, but haven't come across one, so I hope you can help me. Every few months I get a small pin-prick sized red raised dot on the outside of my right labia minora. It's mostly benign in feeling, but occasionally feels irritated.

In trying to have oral sex with my partner recently, I felt very irritated in my vulva, so he took a look, and when stretching out my labia majora a bit, he saw a flash of white in the gap between the minora and majora, and saw it is a small white bump under my skin that becomes whiter when the skin is pulled back. It's a few millimeters away from the raised red dot. He noticed a pore on one end, and so squeezed it a bit, which hurt like hell. Lots of pus came out, and it got smaller, but a few hours later, it was back to the same size. We took a magnifying glass and flashlight to it yesterday to see if it was a stray hair (though in a normally hairless spot), but couldn't find anything.

The level of irritation is such that sex isn't pleasurable at all now. I don't have health insurance, so I've been putting off seeing a doctor, especially when I suspect they'll chalk it up to herpes, though I've had occasional herpes outbreaks, and this isn't them. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 10:26 AM
    This very well could be a herpes breakout. Only a doctor's examination can tell you for sure.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Aug 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
    If you don't have health insurance, go to the local health department, they can help you there. Explain your situation and have them direct you to a health clinic. You might have something else besides herpes, it could be a wart. Be careful, stop oral sex and use a condom with your boyfriend. You don't want to infect him, do you? 'm glad he is trying to help. But, only a doctor can treat you. You may also try to borrow money from a relative, close friend or a small loan from a finance company. Maybe sell something valuable, pawn something. Use the money to see a doctor. A nurse practitioner may also diagnose. When our health is in jeopardy, we must take care of it somehow or the other. Good luck. God bless you!
    gemma556 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 03:09 AM
    What did your other outbreaks concist of?
    And has your boyfriend caught it yet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One red bump on head of penis [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I just recently got a red bump on the tip of my penis. Its round but does not hurt in any way. It won't pop like a zit but just hardly bleed instead when I tried ripping it off. I had oral sex about 2 months ago and haven't had sex since. There is just one bump and it hasn't got bigger or...

Bump on labia majora [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old and one day in the shower I looked down and saw that my labia majora was way larger than the other one and had a lump on it!! I figured it was an ingrown hair, later that day it started to drain and I thought "oh good, it's going down" but the next day it started hurting much...

Red painful bump [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have a red little bump maybe the size of my finger nail.. it is kind of painful I can feel it when I walk or sit on the inner lips of my vagina.. it doesn't puss or scab or anything.. I think I might have had one before and I just shaved.. but I don't think I got that area... what...

Bump on my labia [ 5 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed a hard pea sized bump on my labia majora. I do shave there, so I figured it was an ingrown hair. I squeezed it and a little discharge came out and it was sore and swollen for a couple days, but when the swelling went down, I thought it was on the road to recovery....

Red bump on vaginal area [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV 5 years ago, had one outbreak, one treatment of freezing, and nothing ever since. All of the pics I have looked at of HPV and herpes look nothing like what I have. It's a hard red bump, didn't itch that bad the first week, but does a little now. My husband only had one...

View more questions Search