Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    komododragon_42233 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Human Cloning, Yes or No?
    I'm about to have a debate in one of my classes at school and the subject I got was about human cloning. Now I was raised in a church and was taught that God is the only one that can give or take life away. But, I know that not everyone believes in the Bible, so I want to know where people stand. Should we be allowed to play "God" and clone ourselves, or should we do what I think is morally right?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 11:49 AM
    human cloning + ethics - Google Search

Have fun.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 23, 2007, 12:18 PM
    It sounds awesome, it would solve all the childe custody cases (as each parent could have their own copy.)
    And you could "be your own best friend" but on the negative you are more likely to "be your own worst enemy." And besides as we have lerned from Tv and movies, they will eventually turn on us and take over the world.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 07:01 AM
    I think you're missing the point of cloning, matt.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Which side of the debate were you assigned?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Keep in mind that playing God isn't a new thing to humans.
    komododragon_42233 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 07:00 AM
    I have benn assigned to be against human cloning. Do you think that you guys could help me find arguments against this?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

May 3, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Well, most arguments against cloning stem from religion, and unless you believe in a particular religion, you are going to be hard pressed to value the "evidence" presented against cloning. You have stated that your religious beliefs conflict with cloning, so I doubt you'll hear any new anti-clone arguments on that topic.

However, from a scientific standpoint, one argument I've have heard against cloning pertains to natural selection. By cloning and choosing what traits are reproduced over and over in the human race, natural selection falls to the wayside. Little known genetic defects could be perpetuated, opening the door for all kinds of negative possibilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Human VS Pig [ 7 Answers ]

I have heard that the pig is very close to humans genetically but what are the most identifiable differences between the DNA of the two?

Should cloning be banned? [ 14 Answers ]

I need everyone's opinion and views to weather cloning should be banned for my english project... so what do people think??

Cloning Samsung hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

Please state how to clone a Samsung hard drive

Cloning Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

HI What would be the best software to use for cloning a hard drive in a SME which currently uses about 15 computers?

I am only human [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Ok, I blew it. I contacted my ex after a 3 week period of no contact. I feel like crap and I am beating myself up. I had a lot of support from all of you, and I appreciate it. But, I do make mistakes. She didn't have time for me and said she said she didn't have time to contact...

View more questions Search