Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yaroslav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2005, 05:47 AM
    Formatting/partitioning an external drive
    Having troubles w/formatting my external LaCie drive. Drive is empty - I just want to split it in 3 or 4 partitions. Disc utility is quitting on me. I'm running OSX. What else can I use to format my drive? :confused:

24 hours and not even 1 reply!! :mad: What kind of forum is that?
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2005, 10:46 PM
    I'm sorry you didn't get a response. I have a feeling most people here are windows gurus not MAC. There is a MAC forum however. I just don't know what software is available for a MAC or I would recommend some.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restoring a Flash Drive (instead of re-formatting it) [ 26 Answers ]

I have a flash drive with a number of items on it that I need. When I go to access the drive, which I have used for the past couple of months, I now get an error message saying that the drive is not formatted and needs to be formatted. I know that if I re-format it, I'll lose all my work on...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Freecom External Classic Hard Drive, 153 GB Available. Attempted to “Microsoft Backup” my Laptop (approx 40GB of data) to External Hard Drive. After about 10 minutes of operating I got the following Message – “You have either run out space or the backup file (.BKF) is too large for...

Lost external drive after power cut. [ 7 Answers ]

Just had a power cut. After reboot, my external drive does not show up in the 'my computer' bit. Its recognised because it is in the start bar on the bottom of my screen, but have no way of accessing it. Looked in computer management to see if it needed formatting, but its not showing up there...

Help with a external drive [ 6 Answers ]

I have an external hard drive can I install a virus program on it so that I can take it to another system and then run the virus program on that system. Will this be a problem because the drive letter will change or will it not matter because the file structure will not change only the drive...

View more questions Search