Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tallarin Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Apr 23, 2007, 09:29 AM
    I'm not sure how to handle the next two weeks.
    Hi there!
    So my friend who basically let me know by her actions she didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore (read my previous sob story post) did something that threw me for a loop this morning. During the meetings of our group I have stayed cordial but kept a big distance. I have to confess that the days she didn't make it were very nice for me.

So today, as fate would have it, I had to sit next to her during a meeting because it was the only place left. After the meeting was over and we were getting ready to leave she gave me a HUGE hug and talked chit chat for a few minutes. The whole time my brain was trying to make sense of this. This is the same person who hasn't returned phone calls/emails and during meetings and at school has made it a point to be on the opposite end of where I am at. I know that the chair at the meeting was just a coincidence, but a HUG? And not a "hiya, howdy doo" kind of hug, but the kind of hug you only give a true friend.

I know this is silly but I almost broke down because it took me by surprise, this friend was like a sister to me... What do I do now? My intutition tells me to disappear from this particular group for a while after the big event is over in two weeks, my heart tells me to give it a chance, my brain tells me to RUN because he friendship's over and things will be awkward if it restarts and I will get hurt again.

Have a pleasant April Monday, may the weather be good where you are
    maka Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Listen to your heart. She sounds like she's trying to keep you close in case the one she's seeing now lets her go. Be brave... I'm sure someone is out there for you and she isn't it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 05:16 AM
    I think that was a nice gesture and you should also. That doesn't mean that you can pick up where you left off, but take it for what it is, a nice gesture.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 05:20 AM
    It sounds like maybe she is playing on your emotions. She knows that you care, and that you would be there for her, and does not want to lose that. But you need to do what makes you feel right. If staying away for awhile is what you need to heal then you need to do that. It is important that you look out for you first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

Shower Handle [ 1 Answers ]

The single handle shower control knob needs to be turned slightly on to prevent dripping at the faucet when turned off. I also can't seem to get the water hot enough for my shower. Am I just catching the water heater at a "down" cycle or is something deteriorating in the handle mechanism?

View more questions Search