Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommy dmc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2005, 05:09 AM
    Can't see my p.c boot up
    Hi
    I can't see my computor boot up until it reach's the log in window for windows xp. And then the moniter turns on.
    i.e I can't get into the bios because I can't see anything.
    I've installed the correct graphics card driver...
    Any ideas? :cool:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2005, 06:41 AM
    Start pressing the key that gets you into the CMOS as soon as you press the power button. Keep pressing it to see if you can get into the CMOS. Once there look and see if you have disabled displaying the POST.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Apr 1, 2005, 01:39 AM
    Pressing the TAB key while booting usually removes the Windows "splash screen" and allows you to see the entire boot process that is hidden behind it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2005, 09:18 AM
    Monitor setting
    Hi,
    Do you have your monitor set for "always on"?
    Or have you changed it to something else?
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Apr 4, 2005, 12:22 AM
    Got It Working
    Hey
    Thanks for your imput... after much slaving away at this problem, for two months now,I got it working this weekend. I was running two graphics cards. At first I was using two monitors , one to see my p.c. boot up and then the other to see my windows. Which got me thinking that maybe they were conflictin.. and yes they were. So alls good

I've just loaded Suse 9.2 and I am so glad I've swiched, what a difference. Go linux
    :D

Apr 4, 2005, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy dmc
    I was running two graphics cards. At first i was useing two monitors , one to see my p.c. boot up and then the other to see my windows. Which got me thinking that maybe they were conflictin..and yes they were.
    Glad you got it working tommy, but don't you think the fact that you were running dual video cards was an important factor that you should have mentioned? If you had I think our answers would have been different. I know I would have suggested a conflict as a possibility.

Apr 5, 2005, 03:34 AM
    Yes I wish I had mentioned it... it would have saved me a lot of time, didn't even cross my mind. Don't know what I was thinking... you guys obviously could have sorted the problem out and saved me time and my weekend if only you had the correct info. Sorry man

Apr 5, 2005, 05:33 AM
    Not a problem. I mentioned it mostly for future reference and for others who might read the thread. Better to err on the side of too much information then too little.
    Kwng318 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 03:23 PM
    I also have the same problem, I use a dual video card (SLI) as well. How do I fix this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pc won't boot normally [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I have a problem with my PC,this is what goes on,after pressing the turn on switch the PC goes through the POST check then after identifiyng the drives it stops and does nothing,HELP!!

PC won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, When trying to boot the following error displays:“lsass.exe could not be found". When booting from the repair disc, it hangs. Running Windows XP. Any suggestions? Thanks Thanks guys, I ended up doing a fresh format and install.

Won't boot from CD-R [ 9 Answers ]

My computer is a dell 5100 inspiron. It has a cd-r/w dvd-rom combo drive (HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N). I can't boot from a cd-r,regular cds are fine, also I get the same thing in windows. I did firmware update and bios update. I have run out of ideas. PLEASE HELP!!

On boot up hdd and cd not recognised [ 8 Answers ]

I was trying to reinstall my XP or run a recovery. But as soon as I boot up the PC, the bios does not recognise the hard drive and the cd drive. "primary drive not recognised. Secondary drive not recognised. It then says windows can not run recovery because the hard drive is not present. Please...

Boot up Woes [ 9 Answers ]

I recently migrated my mobo into a new case, but found that now that the comp won't boot. At first it booted telling me that the Cmos Setup was wrong and that the Time and Date was not setup. So I shut it off and turned it back on a while ago only to find out that it won't boot to POST or nothing...

View more questions Search