Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compaqguy200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2004, 06:04 AM
    Unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver
    Hello... During start up of my computer I get the following message: (Atapi IDE CD Rom driver version v123b. Error unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver not loaded).
    The Cd Rom does not show up in device manager unless I start computer in safe mode. I went into safe mode and deleted Cd rom from device manager and restarted computer. I have reset the bios to default. I have disconnected and reconnected the power supply to the CD rom... Is there any thing else I can do or do you think the CD rom hardware needs relaced. Thanks for any suggestions.
    compaqguy200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2004, 02:13 PM
    Re: unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device dri
    Replaced with new CD-RW rom... All is working OK... Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sec slave ATAPI incompatible [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: hi folks this is driving me nuts Gigabyte 6wmm7 motherboard 1x HD 1Xcdrom 512 ram goes through post then stops at this message,"Sec slave ATAPI incompatible" I have no secondary device connected tried changing cdrom to cable select , no joy, can't get into setup even after...

Atapi Dvd-rom 16 Max [ 7 Answers ]

Hello,, I have just noticed that my dvd-rom drive is not showing up when I open 'my computer', I then opended the 'device manager',and in the general box it says "THIS DEVICE IS DISABLED. (CODE 22). When I click on 'enable this device it says 'Windows was not able to enable this device'. I also...

Atapi incompatible [ 1 Answers ]

Getting error message when I installed my new cdrom drive sec slave drive atapi incompatible what can I do please help

Device Driver Program [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older PC that I recently formatted and upgraded to Windows 98. I added a modem but I don't have the driver. I usually use driver wizard that identifies the all hardware and their respective drivers. But it gives me this error- Invalid Point Floating Operation. Anyone know of another good...

Nvidia device driver [ 2 Answers ]

I am frequently getting the message that my system, running XP has recovered from a serious problem caused by Nvidia GeForce mx/mx driver. What do I need to do to solve this please?

View more questions Search