Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maka Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Is he ignoring me?
    A few months back I started seeing someone occasionally. This person sent me many emails suggesting to have a "fling". But the condition was that this person not "hate" me once we were done and that we remain the friends we were. The person agreed. Now that it's over, this person seems to be ignoring me. This person will not send me emails asking how I am doing, making me think that this person does not want to even be friends like before. I sent this person an email recently asking if I had to go see him/her just to hear a friendly "hi". He/She returned my email finally asking me how I was. How lame is that? He/she also suggested that I can call anytime. I don't want this person to think I am running after them... and I don't want to feel like I am. I just hate losing good friends, which is what we were. What do I do? Ignore him/her back?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Leave them alone, the fling is over. They have other things to do, and so should you. And what's with the him/her stuff? Either its one or another usually.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 05:25 AM
    He/she/him/her didn't want any strings attached to the 'fling', other party agreed. Now its over leave it alone and move on.

Apr 23, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Leave them alone, the fling is over. They have other things to do, and so should you. And whats with the him/her stuff? Either its one or another usually.
    I never asked for the fling to continue... you're ridiculous... not much of an expert talaniman

Apr 23, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    he/she/him/her didnt want any strings attached to the 'fling', other party agreed. Now its over leave it alone and move on.
    Neither of us wanted any strings...
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Well, I am taking a wild guess that he is a he.

Some guys will tell you anything to get in your pants. If that anything is "sure we'll be friends afterwards" then so be it. To him, it was just a fling. With NO friendship.

He doesn't hate you, he's completely indifferent. You're a bother to him with all these emails and attempts at contact.

It's over now. Move on.

If it's a girl, then I'm a little more surprised.. but it doesn't change what I'm saying.

Apr 23, 2007, 06:36 AM
    This is what I needed to hear... thank you Capuchin

Apr 23, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maka
    I never asked for the fling to continue...you're ridiculous....not much of an expert talaniman
    Finally... thank you T
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Apr 23, 2007, 08:50 AM
    I never asked for the fling to continue...you're ridiculous....not much of an expert talaniman
    Absolutely... u'll get nothing but hurt and sleepless nights wondering when he would call... do u really want to lose your sleep over someone who's acting like a piece of selfish mortal... uh!

Apr 23, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by diya
    Absolutely...u'll get nothing but hurt and sleepless nights wondering when he would call...do u really want to lose your sleep over someone who's acting like a piece of selfish mortal...uh!
    Actually Diya, I never lost sleep over this... and never wonder when he will call, I never gave him my number... all he has is my email address, he's the one who gave me a number to reach him... I don't know why I even bother to try and keep in touch with him... Capuchin is right... he wanted me for one thing - got it - and blew off with no regard for what we agreed upon... and yes... that is selfish... thank you for your input diya, I appreciate it

Apr 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Can anyone tell me what is the male psyche behind what tal wrote: He is through with you and doesn't need your friendship since he got what he wanted... why can't guys remain friends and keep getting what they want from the same girl? Can anyone please tell me... I think lot of women would be willing to know...
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Like males in any species, there is one way to ensure the success of your genetic line: spread your seed as wide as possible.

Sorry but it's true and always will be true, men are programmed this way by nature.

Apr 23, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Like males in any species, there is one way to ensure the success of your genetic line: spread your seed as wide as possible.

Sorry but it's true and always will be true, men are programmed this way by nature.
    Yes.. I guess so... thanks for your input

Apr 23, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin

That is only true if we're talking about procreation Cap... the only thing that is true as far as I'm concerned and I'm sur Diya will agree... is that men are pigs... lol... Sorry, but it's true and always will be true....men are programmed this way by nature...:D

Apr 23, 2007, 02:26 PM
    That is only true if we're talking about procreation Cap....the only thing that is true as far as i'm concerned and i'm sur Diya will agree...is that men are pigs...lol....Sorry, but it's true and always will be true....men are programmed this way by nature...:D
    Lol... true dear
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 03:05 PM
    I think the terminology is 'friends with benefits' and once that is established between two people then everything is comfortable and copacetic. The problem is some of us just can't accept that kind of relationship and eventually want more out of it.

It doesn't mean men are pigs. So you can flip the coin over and say women are sl***ts then.

Making a general statement isn't fair IMO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is she ignoring me? [ 16 Answers ]

I met a girl about 2 months ago and we have been seeing each other for about 6 weeks. Things where going really well and we where intimate together etc. She was very affectionate with me and also talked about going to live overseas together etc. I was trying to take it slowly by not talking...

My best friend is ignoring me [ 5 Answers ]

I have a group of 8 friends at school and one of them is my best friend. Whenever she and I hang out by ourselves she acts like my best friend and we have a really good time. When we are at school or with our other friends she ignores me and will hardly even talk to me. I'm getting really...

My best friend is ignoring me [ 9 Answers ]

I have 5 good friends at school one of which is my best friend or at least she used to be. I think I like her but I'm not sure. Anyway, about 3 months back one of the 5 friends started flriting with her.(lets call her S and him L). Now S ignores me and only talks to L. One of my other friends...

Ignoring me. [ 10 Answers ]

For the past couple of days, my ex-girlfriend has been ignoring me. She doesn't want to talk to me during school at all. She just instant messages me and asks me for help for homework.. I say hi or ask her questions, but she won't answer at all when I get a chance to see her. We left off on...

View more questions Search