Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdh_49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
    No Proof Of Insurance.Car stolen.No Fault
    My car was recently stolen without me knowing and I found this out because it was up town on the side of the road. Apparently the person that stole was hit in the front by an older lady as he was going through a green light. They still haven't caught the man that stole my car. What happens now since I didn't have insurance and it was the other ladies fault that it was in the accident? Oh and I don't know if it's of any concern, but the accident happened in IN. thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Ok, you as owner of the car put a claim in against the other ladies car insurance to have your car fixed. Be sure you filed a police report to show it was stolen. If not, they will assume you were driving most likely.
    You may get a ticket for not having any insurance, not sure aboutthat.

If her insurance will not do anything about it, you file a law suit.

** and I have to ask, if you were not there, and someone who stole it was driving, how do you know your car had the green light ?/
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck

** and I have to ask, if you were not there, and someone who stole it was driving, how do you know your car had the green light ?/
    Or that the thief was a man?? :rolleyes:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
    I got an message from the poster, * sorry did not cut it to paste it here* but basically there were witnesses to the event and he is stating info that was told to him or from the report about the accident.

The police will of course be able to show that the car was hot wired, not used with a key, or there will be an issue to explaining how someone got a key also

But basically you wll have to sue the owner of the other car if their insurance will not just settle with you
    hdh_49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I got an message from the poster, * sorry did not cut it to paste it here* but basicly there were witnesses to the event and he is stating info that was told to him or from the report about the accident.

The police will of course be able to show that the car was hot wired, not used with a key, or there will be an issue to explaining how someone got a key also

But basicly you wll have to sue the owner of the other car if thier insurance will not just settle with you
    The police report and eye witnesses state that the driver was a man with a hoodie and that the witnesses state it wasn't him driving wrecklessly it was the older lady that didn't see him as she was trying to turn left. Don't worry I was home at the time. And my keys were in the car seeing it being a small town with only 3 stop lights in it. I never thought I'd happen to me.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 07:53 PM
    "my keys were in the car seeing it being a small town " If you had theft insurance it would not have covered you. If you have a police report stating the fault lays with the other driver you may come out of this smelling like a rose. What is the IN law on mandatory liability insurance?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No proof of Insurance-not at fault accident [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Louisiana, I have an accident which wasn't my fault. The other driver was clearly at fault. She wasn't ticketed, but in the report it clearly stated that she was driving too fast, the speed limit was 25 and she was doing 40. She wasn't paying attention. I discovered that my insurance...

Stolen car recovered [ 2 Answers ]

My car was stolen 4 months ago I reported it to the police I found out about a week ago it was recovered and put into someone else's name. I was never informed by anyone that my car was found now my car has been stripped and crushed and can get no answers from the police as to why I was never told...

Car stolen from parking lot [ 7 Answers ]

I parked my car in a covered parking garage adjacent to the Seattle Opera House and it was stolen. Do I have a legitimate claim against the lot?

Proof of Insurance for a no-fault auto accident [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently involved in an accident. Unfortunately, my insurance lapsed. I have witnesses that claim the accident was not my fault. However, since I did not have insurance at the time, I do not know what I may be liable for. If I can prove the accident was not my fault, will that mean I will not...

No fault insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My 19 yr. old son was hit by a car (as a pedestrian) recently. He was in the state of Florida, we are from, and reside in Maine. My insurance company is the same as the driver's, who has very little in assets, and only carried the required 10K policy as stipulated as minimum in the state of...

View more questions Search