Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Apr 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
    How do you start dating again after 21 years?
    I am going through a divorce and, well, the last time I dated, Clinton was president.

How do you start dating again?

Are the websites worthwhile? (eHarmony or Match.com)

What else do I need to do?

Thanks, Dan
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 02:55 AM
    You go slowly. Don't be in a hurry.

I don't know about dating websites. I would prefer to meet people in person. Too much can be hidden about a person if you meet them online. Church, social club, singles club, any club, form your own singles group? If you like to dance, how about showing up at a ballroom dancing event. Lots of nice people can be found there. They do like to mingle.

Get involved in things concerning people that have the same interests as you?

I have not dated for many years, either.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 03:01 AM
    You could try match, don't they offer you 6 month's free membership if you don't find someone in your first 6 months as a member?

I think that online is a great way to meet people, as long as you are aware of what could be hidden. There are lots of horror stories but I think you'll find that people are much more true than you would expect them to be. It can help you to meet people near you that you wouldn't normally meet. I don't see any harm in it. (I know a wonderful lady who is now incredibly dear to me that I met online)

All the things Clough suggested are great too. Go to a club for one of your interests. At least you will start with something in common :)

Take it slow and good luck!
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Apr 25, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Did you know that on most of these sites Both people must be paying members, There are only a few that let you even email the other party. Online dating is not cool seems it's a scam! Get involved in something you like!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 07:11 AM
    There's quite a few successful dating services out there online that are cheap and reliable. I stated match as it is one of the most well known and widely used.

You can normally get a free account, then pay for more advanced features. Every little helps to meet someone specal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 07:49 AM
    After I lost my wife, I found something very interesting, you just start asking people out, the girl at the gas station, the lady you meet before at the grocrey store. Or the one you meet at the Harley dealership * I got a stry on this one*

But you just start asking people out and before long you are dating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

What the rule on start dating relationship? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: OK.. l just start dating after 4 years and went out with a girl last Friday.. and here what happen. We meet at mcd's and went to a movie ( the reaping ) and at the movie l hold her hand and ended up with my arms around her.. at the end of the movie and as we got up.. she kiss me.....

Dating married guy for 4 years and who is now in divorce procedure [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old I'm currently dating a 43 year old we have been together for 4 years he's married in the beginning of February I told his wife about us I could not take it anymore the excuxes the lies when I told her she laughed she did not believe me so I gave her a little insight about things I...

How do I start dating again? [ 5 Answers ]

I need to meet more people guys mostly, how do I do it? Any suggestions? Do I go up to them? Do I not? What are the limits?What works best for you? Please leave an answer

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search