Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamworld05 Posts: 370, Reputation: 12

May 8, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Hi honey. It is an old expression. Envision yourself painting a floor. You start from the doorway and work your way around the room. All of a sudden you realize that you painted the entire floor and you are stuck in a corner of the room and can't get out!

Now, I know you are going to want me to explain why I said that. I know you too well now! :p Basically what you last stated about setting precedents is limited, as I explained. You "paint yourself into corner" with that because there are very, very few unique mistakes made by being the one to set the precedent. Those are few and far between. Even though new things are invented every day, those that test them are the ones that will be setting precedents when they make a mistake. You could set a precedent by mistakenly stepping into a new pothole. But, that isn't a unique mistake. Many people have done this. However, it may be a unique mistake for you if you have never stepped into a pothole before. Does that make sense to you?
    I get you. Sort of, cutting your way off without knowing it. Limiting your choices. What about falling off a cliff accidentally? Isn't that a unique mistake? How many people fell off a cliff, accidentally?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Probably 100,000,000. Who knows, but it sure isn't unique! I went to school with a guy who did. True story too!

May 8, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Probably 100,000,000. Who knows, but it sure isnt unique! I went to school with a guy who did. True story too!
    OK, then. Accidentally pushing a person off a cliff?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Hey Skell, good to see you! Yes hamworld, quite a number of people have fallen off cliffs accidentally. Here is one.

Woman Dies in Fall Off Cliff - New York Times
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 05:00 PM
    I don't know if pushing someone off a cliff is an accidental occurrence. Usually when someone is pushed, it is done with purpose.

May 8, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    I don't know if pushing someone off a cliff is an accidental occurence. Usually when someone is pushed, it is done with purpose.
    What if you accidentally slap a person on the shoulder with a hi-5 so hard, he/she falls? Or getting in a huge fight and you punch the person hard enough to push him "out of the ring", although unintentionally?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 05:08 PM
    I think simply the fact that you have thought of these occurrence's makes them mistakes that wouldn't be considered unique.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Oh Hamworld, you truly are digging, aren't you? I am sure it has happened before. I have to agree with Skell on this one kiddo.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Yep, I thought that got squared away last week. Unique is unique with no degrees or hierarchy.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Sorry Ballenger, have to spread it, but VERY well put. Thank you.

May 8, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    I think simply the fact that you have thought of these occurrence's makes them mistakes that wouldnt be considered unique.
    :( Good point!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Unique Gift Idea for Wife [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I am currently deployed over in Iraq and I am trying to find a unique gift on line to send to my wife to put a smile on her face and let her know that I think about her 24/7. Thank you.:confused:

I need advice for unique situation [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Unique Situation...

Looking for unique clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find some clothes that may be rave/futuristic/technoey ( I think I just made a new word )/ j.street style looking. Can anyone help? :cool:

Help: Unique design for a gown [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there! My sister's getting married next year. I need suggestions/unique designs for my gown. Thanks.

View more questions Search