Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Aboveground poolsitting on cement
    I would like to put an oval aboveground pool in my back-yard but it's completely cement.
    I was told that I could put a round pool sitting on a sand box, but that I couldn't or shouldn't. Is there a way that I could do this or does anyone know of an oval pool that I can sit on cement? Brandd
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2007, 01:23 PM
    I do not see any problem with installing your pool on a cement surfacemprovided that the cement is VERY strong and well supported as the weight of the water can break the cement.

The major concern for this type of installation is that you must protect the liner. You can not have the liner sittingon top of cement. You must have a clean and soft surface like styrofoam, vermiculite, sand or astroturf- or a combination of these in between the liner bottomand the concrete.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools
    Vancouver BC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cement board [ 1 Answers ]

I plan on installing cement board behind a wood burning open stove on an outside deck. Do I need backing behing the cement board and can it be colored using high temp paint?

Cutting Out Cement [ 1 Answers ]

MJBreakey New Member Join Date: Oct 2006 Posts: 0 Moving a drain -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I need to move my roughed-in Toilet drain in my basement floor. The house was built in 1978. I was reading your responses to others...

Grout vs cement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm tiling the floor of my front entryway/vestibule, and in the lay-out I have designed, have a 2" tile border with a 1/2 inch space on either side running around the perimeter of the 4' square space (larger 6" tiles are fill the centre of the space with 1/4" spacers). I wanted to know...

Timer For Aboveground Pool Pump [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I am a pool novice. I have a frameset aboveground pool with a cheesy pump - 1/16 HP, 120V. It's plugged into a heavy duty garage outlet, but it's not clear if it's a GFCI. What kind of pump timer can I use that is safe and inexpensive, possibly GFCI? Thanks!

View more questions Search