Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SRWilson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 04:04 PM
    "singing" water pipes
    I just had a sediment filter installed by a plumber. I didn't run the water while he was here but after he left, I found that the pipes emit a high frequency whine (singing) when either hot or cold water is turned on. It stops when the water is turned off. I have opened every spigot and let the air out from the filter installation to no avail. I turned the water off and drained the pipes and refilled the pipes but the problem remains. I'll call the plumber Monday (he was here Friday) but does anyone know an easy fix?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Can the filter be bypassed? Tom
    SRWilson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
    No, the filter is inline with no bypass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Pipes "knocking" [ 10 Answers ]

We recently purchased a home (four years old) and there is an upstairs bathroom that had a leaky faucet in the bathtub. Since we've been busy working on other things in the house and yard it's taken me a couple of months to fix it. During this time we really didn't use it. When I went to test...

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search