Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvmyhondas Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2005, 06:55 AM
    Keeping my son in bed
    I have a 2 yr old boy that is difficult to keep in bed. We recently (2 weeks)moved him from his brothers room (where he slept in his brothers bed and in his own bed) to his own room.

At bedtime, we put him in bed and walk out of the room. Moments later, he comes out. We then put him back into bed and walk out of his room. Problem here is that we have to do this routine over and over for 30 - 40 minutes before he falls asleep... and then when he comes out of bed in the middle of the night, we have to go through this exercise again (sometimes we just give in and go to bed with him).

We've been going through this for about 2 weeks with no real improvement.

Is this OK?

Thanks
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2005, 11:47 PM
    Eventually it will set in, but will it drive you crazy first? He may need some item of security when he's in his new room. Some things you may have tried already, night light, leak proof sip cup, or name a stuffed animal and tell him his 'friend' is going to sleep with him. Always put it in his arms before he goes to bed. It could be he's trying to break a bad habit of crawling into another bed in the middle of the night. All of this can take time and patience. Good luck.

I'm not a doctor of any sort, just a parent.
    luvmyhondas Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2005, 04:42 PM
    Thanks... I'll have to work on my patience.
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

May 16, 2005, 08:47 PM
    When I taught parenting classes we did a three step method. Before bedtime make sure he has pottied and had a little water so there are no excuses. Then follow these steps.

1) Tuck him in, tell him goodnight that it is bedtime.
    If he gets up proceed to step 2
    2) Pick him up tell him it is bedtime and put him back in his bed.
    If he gets up again
    3) Pick him up and put him back in bed. Don't have any conversation simply put him back in the bed. When he finally realizes that you are going to keep placing him back in the bed he should stay there. After 2-3 nights he will be asleep in about 15 minutes.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 29, 2005, 02:12 PM
    Let him play himself to sleep
    My grandson is 3 and he does that too I got him a playstation game and put it in his room and he plays it until he goes to sleep and if he wakes up he plays it again until he falls asleep get one and your troubles will be over also he will not be afraid if its in his room :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keeping my background still [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to keep the background on my webpage from scrolling with the text? I have an image I'd like to use and have the test scroll over it. I'm farely new to HTML so be thorough. Thanks

Keeping turkeys out [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have a large garden every year that produces veggies like crazy. (A friend calls our back yard "the Napa Valley of Maine" because the garden does so well.) The one problem is with or corn crop: Wild turkeys come through and knock all the corn stalks over just before the corn is...

Keeping the crunch in your canning... [ 2 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedWhen canning how would one keep the peppers and other vegy's crunchy, this year when I open something I canned 7 month ago I want CRUNCHY not soggy,, HELP!!!! Thanks Ladycanning :o

Keeping the marital home due to desertion [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has moved out of our marital and home and in with his girlfreind does this mean I can keep the house on grounds of desertion

Keeping the House after Divorce [ 9 Answers ]

I would like 2 know how I can keep my house without having 2 buy my husband out.He is very verbally abusive 2 my girls and myself.Is their any organizations that could help me keep my home and afford to make the payment on my own?

View more questions Search