Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fligirl325 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Hardship withdrawal to pay IRS taxes
    Can I get a hardship withdrawal from fidelity to pay back Federal Taxes?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 08:18 AM
    In general payment of taxes is not one of the generally accepted reasons for hardship. Have you already contacted the IRS about setting up a payment plan? That should come before you seriously consider a hardship withdrawal from your 401(k).

Here is a good web site that covers hardship withdrawals:

401khelpcenter.com - 401k Hardship Withdrawals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k hardship withdrawal [ 10 Answers ]

I will try to summarize my situation. My wife & I gross $55000/yr. We've recently re-financed our house to the max value of $110000 & still have $50000 of credit card debt. We are both losing our jobs due to a plant closing. I have a job on the horizon but, my wife, who earns the majority of the...

Hardship withdrawal from 401k from Fidelity Investments [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 401k with fidelity investments and need a hardship withdrawal for an eviction.. what information will I need to get :confused: from my company?

Hardship withdrawal for early withdrawal of 401K [ 0 Answers ]

I am, 56 years old, live in the State of Florida, and just lost my job. I have a small 401K ($6,000) with this company and want to withdraw all of it and put it in a savings account to help tide me over until I find another job. I know I will be charged a 10% early withdrawal fee, and I also...

Hardship withdrawal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, What kind of documentation is needed to prove a hardship. I am in danger of being evicted by my landlord. My credit cards are maxed, my bills and expenses for myself and my dependents is beyond my income. What steps do I need to do to get this hardship proved and how long is the...

Information on "Hardship Withdrawal" from Retirement Plan [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My husband who is 44 yrs old just lost his job & is having a hard time finding another one. He worked for this company for about 2 1/2 years & has accumulated a little money in his retirement account. The only money we currently have coming in is my child support which is a far cry...

View more questions Search