Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madunks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2005, 06:38 AM
    Please Help I Cant Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005!
    :mad:Please help I have been trying for 2 days to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005, the Anti virus was showing as "Files corrupt" advised me to uninstall and reinstall, two days later after various attempts and reading on the Symantec website still none the wiser.
    Tried Add/Remove programs click on and NOTHING happens, try the symantec live update won't let me uninstall that either.Had a message a few times something about "you do not have privileges to perform this log on as administrator, but when I click on Nortons it won't let me log on at all.
    Have followed symantecs advise to start computer in safe mode etc etc , have not tried deleting the registry ( whatever that means sounds too risky to me).

All I want to do is uninstall nortons Internet security and reinstall it please please someone must know an easy option . :cool: .

I am on Aol 9.0 Broadband using windows XP.Thanks for reading now HELP!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Norton
    Hi,
    Here is a link:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&osv=&osv_lvl=

It explains how to uninstall 2005 using XP; follow all the steps.

You may have to do the Registry Edit, to manually delete some of the Registry Values.
    If you decide to do that, shut down your computer before you do, then start it back up again.
    It will save a backup of your Registry, just in case you delete something that is really needed.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    coppola404 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Comment on fredg's post
    It took me right to a relevant link with an uninstall utility. GREAT!
    meggy12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 08:46 AM
    If you tried to uninstall it from Control Panel and it didn't work then you can download Norton uninstaller tools from the Symantec website and run it on your computer to remove the Norton Internet Security tool, I read about this on <a href="http://www.simplysecurity.com/">security news</a>. If that doesn't work either I suggest you find a good antivirus and run a scan, you may have some malware problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall norton 2004 [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to uninstall norton internet security but it doesn't appear in add/remove programs. Where might it be hiding?

Norton internet security 2005 antispyware edition [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to uninstall the above and it is now part uninstalled as something happened while uninstalling now I can not get in to uninstall again to remove the rest. HELP!

Norton Internet Security 2005 Query [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everone - I am quite new to this so please bear with me. I have been trying to install NIS 2005 on my computer for the past few days with major problems. Eventually I have got everything working except for Intrusion Detection which I cannot switch on. I get an error message and the link to...

Norton Internet Security [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys Please help me I have recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005 onto my XP machine. I have created a situation whereby I am still the administrator but have changed my name to dad. This now means I can't log off as dad and log back on as administrator. I have tried creating a new...

Uninstall Norton [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Until I can fit a new system in my budget, I'm stuck with my Windows ME. How do I uninstall Norton Security and Norton Anti-virus system? At one point I did hit uninstall in the programs list, now I can't find it anywhere, it's not even in install/uninstall programs. Also when I try to...

View more questions Search