Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2023, 05:40 AM
    The smearing of DeSantis goes into high gear
    The compliant press has decided to create a narrative about DeSantis that they think will stick .
    The first one is that he is unlikable and therefore unelectable.
    The second one is that he is an extremist who hates blacks LGBTQ++XYZ and immigrants.

The fact that he has never lost an election should by itself disprove the first smear.
    But here is the narrative

Now, many people may reasonably respond to that last point by noting that Trump is an infamous a-hole, and that it doesn’t really make sense that DeSantis would lose ground to him by being a jerk. And we agree, it doesn’t! And yet, for some reason, people think the Florida governor is an even bigger prick.

Being an Unlikable Jerk Not Working Out So Well for Ron DeSantis | Vanity Fair

Politico earlier wrote

But the early rap on DeSantis from his fellow Republicans is that, for all his smarts and shrewdness, he lacks charm, and is either unwilling or unable to submit to the longstanding rituals of retail politics.

Ron DeSantis Takes On the Likability Issue (Sort Of) - POLITICO

According to the narrative even the Repubs don't like him ......or his wife .According to the narrative ;she is Lady Macbeth.

The Casey DeSantis Problem: ‘His Greatest Asset and His Greatest Liability’ - POLITICO

The second one is also a false narrative. What they do is brand his many achievements with misleading headlines like 'Don't say gay "and "book banning".

All this is for very transparent reasons , They want to weaken his prospects so that Trump will be the nominee because they believe Clueless Joe would beat Trump again.

His record speaks for itself. DeSantis should stick to his accomplishments which are many ,and not get dragged into the oozing mud where Trump and the Dems with the assistance of the compliant press choose to play.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2023, 07:39 AM
    DeSantis went to Iowa ;New Hampshire and South Carolina and debunked the likeability question.

They just seem very down to earth,” said Bev Lessman, a 70-year-old retired teacher from Sioux City. After speaking, DeSantis walked through the audience and Lessman wrapped her arms around DeSantis’ neck and told the governor she could feel what seemed to her to be the governor’s Christian devotion.
    “I told him we can’t make others live it, but I appreciated how he expressed his faith,” she said later. He replied, “But we can model it,” she said.
    “There was a connection,” Lessman added.
    DeSantis plays up his personal side and swipes at Trump in campaign blitz across Iowa (ktar.com)

So the compliant press pivoted on a dime and began to raise the question about him taking questions . Well he had done a number of interviews . So the next pivot was not us ....why don't you take questions from the voters ? They asked him that as he was surrounded by voters asking him questions .
    Frustrated he lashed out at the reporter “People are coming up to me, talking to me. What are you talking about?"" Are you blind " ?

So the likeability question comes back into play.

'Are you blind?': DeSantis snaps at reporter during New Hampshire campaign stop - YouTube

Yes the compliant press does not like him;and NO ONE in that crowd would say that he "snapped " at the reporter .

The compliant press want Trump to be the nominee because they believe Clueless or another Dem would have a easier time defeating Trump.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 4, 2023, 07:45 AM
    I appreciated how he expressed his faith,” she said later. He replied, “But we can model it,” she said.

How did he "express his faith"? And how should we "model it"?
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2023, 09:28 AM
    You would have to ask Bev Lessman that question . He connected with her . In her view he was likeable . I know the compliant press from DC and NY do not get what rube from a fly over state like Bev is saying .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2023, 05:47 AM
    Name:  gameshow.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  50.7 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical high voltage switch gear [ 0 Answers ]

What is the reason for reducing current settings on circuit breakers on a radial feeder when sectionalising

Blades won't engage in high gear. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Troybilt tractor, 23hp with a 50" cut. It runs great and blades engage and cut in low gear. However when in high gear the blades disengage. Anybody got any idea on what could be the problem? Email me please @ [email protected]. Thanks

Slow but shore takes of about 30sec. In high gear [ 1 Answers ]

I have a snapper rear motor 12.5 horse it will" not" take of in the low forward . But I can put it in high gear it will take about 30 sec before it takes of. Reverse is fine. What do I have to do to fix this ? This is a 79 model ,

View more questions Search