Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 12, 2023, 04:48 AM
    Here we stand, then, in the ruins of Feinstein’s career, in what might also be the ruins of the American experiment itself.
    The sky is falling!!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2023, 05:53 AM
    Clearly the Dems are sexists . Robert Byrd was a mummified corpse in a white sheet and they never urged him to step down. So was Strom Thurmond. Both were non-compos mentis.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2023, 02:13 PM
    Feinstein passed away today . May she rest in peace.

What I will speak of is how this changes anything .

The Dems now only have a majority of one vote(not including Kam the Sham's tie breaker ) that includes the votes of 3 independent Senators who mostly vote with the Dems.

With a possible shutdown looming there will be pressure on Cal Guv Newsom to make an immediate appointed replacement for the little over a year left in the term.

He has promised to appoint a Black Woman. But the most logical choice would be Rep Barbara Lee. But she was running to replace Feinstein and he said it would not be fair to appoint someone running for the seat. Other prominent Dem Black Women from Cal include Secretary of State Shirley Weber, U.S. Reps. Maxine Waters and Sydney Kamlager-Dove, Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass and San Francisco Mayor London Breed. But they already have jobs and may not want to be a year and a half replacement .
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2023, 02:24 PM
    He has promised to appoint a Black Woman.
    Thank goodness we no longer engage in decisions based on racial or gender prejudice!
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2023, 03:37 PM
    what is a woman anyway ? </sarc>
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2023, 03:44 PM
    Careful, tomder. You exist because a woman was interested in creating.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2023, 04:57 PM
    you mean my mother AND father I was only asking the question that has perplexed so many progressives
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2023, 05:20 PM
    Well, you know how certain groups of people (men?) disrespect women, especially non-white women.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2023, 06:33 PM
    disrespect ? The biggest threat to women in the US today is the Dem embrace of transformer ideology When intersectional rights are considered ;women always comes out 2nd class compared to transformers . Just ask any woman athlete who is forced to compete against a "transformed " man.

The 3 candidates who were running for the seat are Reps Lee ,Katie Porter ,and Adam Schiffhead. By Newsom's own criteria he will not consider them for the temporary appointment .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2023, 06:46 PM
    Some of my best friends are transgender women who have similar stories of literally years of transforming to overcome severe dysphoria. It ain't a walk in the park, tomder, nor is it a fun thing to do on weekends.

Perhaps the sports world should consider forming trans teams.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2023, 08:42 PM
    Well, you know how certain groups of people (men?) disrespect women, especially non-white women.
    Kind of like a certain person here is disrespecting men? How are the two any different?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2023, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Kind of like a certain person here is disrespecting men? How are the two any different?
    How? Disagreeing with them? Shame on her!
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2023, 03:12 AM
    Perhaps the sports world should consider forming trans teams.
    sorta like the Special Olympics ? No it is the next step in cheating . Previously body enhancement like taking hormones and drugs for an edge was a practice banned .

The modern transformer movement is humans playing God
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2023, 03:46 AM
    How about a switchero ? Newsom appoints Kam the Sham as California's Senator .She resigns the VP . Clueless Joe appoints Newsom as VP . Then Joe resigns leaving Newsom as the incumbent Prez going into the 2024 campaign.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2023, 05:57 AM
    How? Disagreeing with them? Shame on her!
    By her gender-prejudiced view of men. By her disrespect of men as a class, she is doing the same thing she accuses men of doing.

Tom, the only way Newsom goes for that is if he has rock-ribbed assurances up front. As bad as Biden is, Newsom would be worse. It seems that our country is going to have to get hammered to begin to understand the value of what we have.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2023, 06:29 AM
    Aug. 7, 1974,Barry Goldwater, Repub House Minority Leader John Rhodes and Repub Senate Minority Leader Hugh Scott went to the White House and told Nixon that if there was an impeachment trial he would be convicted. He resigned the next day.

I think this impeachment inquiry will lead to a similar scenario. The Dems want to throw Quid under the bus . By all accounts the smoking gun about the Biden Crime family corruption is being collected .

Quid had direct talks with Hunter and James business partners overseas despite Quid's early denials. A payment from China for went directly to Quid's Delaware house even though Hunter was living in California at the time. Heck even younger brother Frank referred to Quid as 'the big guy' to his business partners .

The Dems now say Hunter was selling 'the illusion' of access to Quid. But when they get bank records of Quid and the shell companies the House Repubs will have the goods .

The party leadership have no more use for Quid. So I think his ouster is jst a matter of time,
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2023, 07:17 AM
    But when they get bank records of Quid and the shell companies
    "When" they get them, or "if" they get them? I'm working hard to not get my hopes up, but if Biden is ousted let's say next summer, then the dems would have but little choice to have to go with Harris. It's hard to imagine the folks voting her in. Even with the voting corruption in place, it's just hard to imagine.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2023, 07:29 AM
    Got this in my email this morning from DeSantis. Pretty good description of our current state.

Millions of Illegals are waltzing across our border while the door is held open for them.

Our cities are collapsing under the weight and swarming with crime.

Mothers are losing their children to fentanyl poisoning.

Democrat Governors are finally admitting this is a crisis and calling on the National Guard.

Children are being told to memorize sexually-explicit garbage in schools.

Biden is saluting a Pride flag on the White House Lawn.

The lie that men can get pregnant is being shoved down the throats of kids.

Women and girls—my daughters—are losing the chance to compete in sports fairly.

Parents are losing their rights to raise their kids as they see fit and choose what school is best for them.

Families are struggling to put food on the table because Biden has prioritized the benefit of the elite class and bent the knee to the woke mob by embracing environmental, social governance mandates over the DIRE needs of average Americans.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2023, 05:01 AM
    Newsom his a woke grand slam . He selected Laphonsa Butler to replace Feinstein. She is a BLACK FEMALE LESBIAN who is a social justice community organizer in the labor movement .

She has a Tim Scott upbringing but did not come out of it with a Tim Scott perspective.
    She was raised in the southern town of Magnolia, Miss., where her widowed mother worked multiple jobs to support three children. She attended Jackson State University, a historically Black college.

She is 44 so expect her to serve multiple decades (despite Newsom's pledge to appoint someone who will not run in 2024)

"If that person decides she wants to seek a full term in 2024, then she is free to do so," spokesman Anthony York said hours before Newsom announced his pick Sunday night. "There is absolutely no litmus test, no promise."

Newsom's Senate pick to replace Feinstein could run in 2024 - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2023, 05:04 AM
    So she's from my state. Great. Why couldn't Tim Scott or Ben Carson have been from my state???

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

You gets to be a senator and then [ 5 Answers ]

United Voice calls on Joe Bullock to resign from Senate position the mechanations of political life don't suit everybody but backroom deals really sour when it means your favoured candadate doesn't get up. Once again the Labor Party in Australia is in self destruct mode after kicking an existing...

The Senator from AMHD [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Let's say you were a senator. Your party is on the verge of passing VERY SIGNIFICANT legislation. YOU, however, oppose it, and YOU, all by yourself, can STOP it in its tracks. I don't mean simply that you would VOTE against it. I mean that the rules of the senate give you the power to...

The intolerant left is targeting Sen. Dianne Feinstein . [ 8 Answers ]

I'm willing to bet you never thought that Senator Dianne Feinstein of California was a Bush-bot. Certainly if you looked at her record you would conclude that she has a pretty consistent liberal voting record in the Senate. The American Conservative Union gave her a ZERO rating . She has voted...

Why is Dianne Feinstein being targeted by the fringe left ? [ 2 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member-discussions/intolerant-left-targetting-sen-dianne-feinstein-152694.html

View more questions Search