Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2023, 11:12 AM
    How Can I Gain Access To The Fourth Terabyte?
    The hard drive is a WDC WD40EZRZ_00GXCB0 4 terabyte. When I originally installed it, for some reason my BIOS only set up 3 terabytes. The fourth has been sitting there unused for 3 years and I'm tired of looking at it.
    I have tried to establish a new partition with it but Windows will not deal with it. It won't format it, won't even access it. I'm using Windows 10 if it matters. I'm not using 11 because I won't use any new version of Windows until at least one service pack arrives. I'm not a beta tester.
    (Rant over) Is there a utility or something out there that I can use to get this partition usable?
    thanks1
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 6, 2023, 11:39 AM
    Worth a BIOS update before you go any further, may well be that straight forward.

As for Service packs, they went out with Windows 7, but your right about 11, it's "not very good" to say the least.
    The number installed is still less than 20% of all Windows machines, 10 holds the lions share...
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2023, 07:25 PM
    Whatever they call the bug fixes these days, I wait until there's whole passel of 'em, if I ever upgrade at all. I used 7 Pro forever.
    Anyway, the BIOS is the most recent version. This is a different computer from the one I originally set it up on, much newer, so it seems to me there should be something I can do to reach this dead space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a POA gain access to bank acc't to pay bills for dementia pt who refuses? [ 3 Answers ]

My sister-in-law is Power of Attorney for her 78-yr-old brother in Arizona who had a health crisis and then suddenly went into confusion and dementia. Now that he is mostly recovered physically, back home with caregivers, the dementia remains and He refuses to pay his bills. What steps does his...

Gain access to foreclosed house [ 3 Answers ]

How can my real estate rep gain access to a foreclosed property.The person living in the house is not the owner.The real estate claim they do not know who his person is.He will not answer door phone email.Is this right.I want to bid on this place but would like to see the inside.It was a grow...

Kenmore 110.26442502 How to remove the back to gain access? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a certain way to remove the back panel. With the washer standing upright, things weren't going very well.

Can a real estate appraiser gain access to your ss# without your permission? [ 5 Answers ]

I know this is an unusual question, but I'm dating a real estate appraiser, and I would like to know if he can obtain access to my social security number without my permission or knowledge? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How can I gain access to web pages that are limited to certain countries or areas? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to gain access to US web pages such as ABC, MTV and many others. However because I live in the UK, every-time I try to view videos or use a specific part of the web pages a message pops up telling me that I cant. I Hear that it has something to do with the IP and Proxy server setting,...

View more questions Search