Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cphifer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Whirlpool Washing will not drain or spin clothes
    I have a Whirlpool Quiet Wash Washing Machine Model # LSL9244EQ0 that will agitate, but it will not drain or spin my clothes. The machine is full of water. What could be the problem? I washed one load this morning and then the second load is when it happened. Thanking you in advance.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
    The very first thing to check is the lid switch. On the lid there is a small stem on the right side which pushes into the oval hole in the top of the cabinet when you close the lid. Under the oval hole is a switch that you can use a pencil to push down and listen for a small click. You should feel the little flapper go up and down with slight spring action. If you do not feel the spring action or hear the click then the switch is bad. It's a very common problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. [ 1 Answers ]

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. It make a loud whirring/grinding noise. There is no obvious blockage and have checked the pump. The pump is working fine and the impeller spins. Is this a blockage in the pipe or something else

Whirlpool washer will not spin or drain tub. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am presently renting a stackable washer and dryer from AZUM leasing. Every time I need maintenance, I have to stay home all day waiting for someone to show up. I am hoping to find a remedy that I can do myself. My washer tub is full of water. It stops on the spin cycle. If...

Whirlpool washer will not agitate but will spin and drain [ 3 Answers ]

Model# LA5530XSW2 My washer will fill up but will not agitate, you can hear a humming noise and can smell something. It will drain & spin just not agitate. Please help me how to resolve this problem. Thank you

Top load whirlpool style washing machine will not spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out...

View more questions Search