Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2023, 03:39 AM
    Proud to be an American ? New poll says not so much
    Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy says America is having an identity crisis .
    We’re in the midst of a national identity crisis. Faith, patriotism & family are disappearing. We embrace one secular religion after another – from wokeism to climatism – to satisfy our deeper need for meaning. Yet we cannot even answer what it means to be an American.

Vivek Ramaswamy on Twitter: "We’re in the midst of a national identity crisis. Faith, patriotism & family are disappearing. We embrace one secular religion after another – from wokeism to climatism – to satisfy our deeper need for meaning. Yet we cannot even answer what it means to be an American." / Twitter

A new WSJ poll confirms it .

Microsoft Word - WSJ_NORC Topline March2023.docx

Patriotism,faith ,having children and other former national priorities that helped define what it meant to be American are receding in importance according to the poll.
    WSJ conducted the poll with NORC at the University of Chicago.

38% said patriotism was very important to them, and 39% said religion was very important. When WSJ first surveyed in 1998, 70% said patriotism was very important, and 62% said religion was very important.

I think this is a product of the education system. When kids are taught at a young age that America from before it's creation was a bad country .then we should not be surprised when kids believe it . The children who were first taught this have now grown to be the teachers ,the political leaders ,the woke business captains ,the media ,the entertainers .
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2023, 04:25 AM
    Just found Ramaswamy's editorial on the WSJ poll .

The USA is experiencing a crisis of faith — in itself (nypost.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2023, 06:20 AM
    I think this is a product of the education system. When kids are taught at a young age that America from before it's creation was a bad country .then we should not be surprised when kids believe it . The children who were first taught this have now grown to be the teachers ,the political leaders ,the woke business captains ,the media ,the entertainers .
    Peterson's comments on the necessity and treatment of the "ideal" was applicable to our country's founding. To insist that a perfect conformity to the ideal is the only acceptable outcome is childish. Of course our country was imperfect, being composed of people as it was. To expect otherwise is foolishness.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2023, 08:27 AM
    Madison wrote in Federalist Papers 51 .....

But what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself.

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2023, 08:49 AM
    It's time for governing by sane, intelligent women.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2023, 02:48 AM
    There are some fine women leaders who would be excellent Presidents . The issue isn't gender or race. This issue is about leadership . One example is Jimmy Carter claiming a national malaise . But the malaise was in his leadership .It did not take long for Reagan to boost America's confidence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend is proud of what she have,using them against me. [ 3 Answers ]

I am 25yrs,dan,I met her in my department,she work to me,and said hi,aftes that we started dating.she comes from an upper class family than I,so alone the line,something came up bad for me,she have the solution.that was my school fees,I told her to lend me this money, she did.I found out that...

Ex & NC: Really, REALLY Proud of Myself! [ 15 Answers ]

Okay so my ex broke up with me a little more than 4 months ago, and I blocked him FB, MSN messenger, and everything else I could think of. However, I forgot to block him from Yahoo messenger, because I never use it. Well, I was reading a site, and suddenly this bubble pops up with him talking to...

How can I break with a proud man? [ 11 Answers ]

Now adays I have a big problem!I broke my date with my boy friend 1 month ago.Because he was married and his wife undrestod about our dating and called me and menaced me that I must leave her husband alone!Then I decided to do this and bereak our dating and I said him it is not possible that we...

Not proud of it [ 1 Answers ]

o.k. this is going to be dumb but here I go I'm looking to find out if any one know how to or knows any one that know how to find out the address for rob meck he is the senior vice president of debt management for sallie mae student loans. When I was very young and dumb I took out two students and...

Canucks should be proud [ 16 Answers ]

Canadian Court Limits Detention in Terror Cases--NYTimes Highlights: Thank you, Canadian Supreme Court, for upholding the long legal tradition that limits the power of the government to deprive individuals of their freedom without showing cause.

View more questions Search