Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2023, 03:28 AM
    moral hazard
    Moral Hazard is defined as the lack of incentive to avoid risk and it's consequences . A person will purchase insurance to hedge against risk.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC )was set up to insure small investors of the risks of depositing their money in banks . It was set up to avoid the runs on banks that happened at the beginning of the Great Depression. It is supported by the banking industry and insures deposits up to $250,000 . If anyone has more than that in an individual bank then only they are covered only to the $250,000. If they want to deposit more than the way to avoid moral hazard is to make their deposits into more than one bank .

Peter Thiel is a billionaire venture capitalist . He was a founder of PayPal and other enterprises . He was the first outside investor in Fakebook .

He is also a heavy donor to politicians . Politically he is a log cabin Republican . 2022 he was a major donor to Repub candidates JD Vance and and Blake Master's campaigns .His donations in 2022 were over $20 million.

Thiel had $50 million deposited in SVB when it went belly up .His 'Founders Fund' urged start up companies to pull their money from SVB or risk losing it all in the weeks before it's shut down. Yet he kept his $50 million in the bank. His firm pulled it's money the day after it disclosed a $1.8 billion loss,sparking a run on the bank. But his personal money was not pulled .

He risked all except for that $250,000 insured by FDIC .

But wait !!!!

Clueless Joe has said that all bank depositors will be made whole .

The U.S. says all Silicon Valley Bank depositors will be protected : NPR

Moral hazard is a situation where an economic actor has an incentive to increase its exposure to risk because it does not bear the full costs. Clueless Joe is subsidizing moral risk . He says it will not be the taxpayer who bears the costs . He is lying .

Check out some similar questions!

Morals require God. A moral law requires a moral law giver? Agree or Disagree? [ 59 Answers ]

Interesting idea. I know I am going to cop it from a number of people but that's all right. I am interested to hear people's thoughts. To elaborate a bit... without going into post modernism too much, if you do not believe in a God then how can there be any truth. What is to say that mass murder(as...

About earthquake hazard [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I want know about the earthquake hazar.

Hazard flashers [ 2 Answers ]

The hazard lights on my daughter's 04 Chysler Sebring do not work. The fuse is good and all the turn lights work perfectly. It has a large hazard on/off button on the dash that I suspect is the problem. Isn't this button supposed to "click" on and off when pushed? It will go in, but it doesn't do...

Toe touch hazard [ 4 Answers ]

OMG MY toe touch sux!! I need some major help!! LIke how do you keep your chest up and are you supposed 2 have your hands in fist or flat? PLEAZ HELP!

Fire Hazard? [ 4 Answers ]

Our cat chewed into 1/2 (wires cut on one side of cord) of a power cord attached to an aquarium filter. Would it be safe to completely cut the cord into 2 pieces, strip off parial outer cord covering, twist the 2 sets of wires back together and then cover it all with electircal tape? This thing...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.