Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magcora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Timeline for distribution of estate in Ga
    My mother died Jan 06. My estranged sister was appointed executor. The will was probated in April 06, however, I have not received a deed for the acreage left to me. Recently I found out that she was attempting to have the land rezoned. I was able to have that matter tabled because she doesn't own all of the land.
    My question is, what is the time frame in Ga for the executor to deed over the land? My atty has sent the question to her lawyer... and the answer is in a "timely" manner. That was three months ago. I would like to have the deed. How much more money must I spend to get this matter resolved.
    Also, if I need to petition the court for an accounting and distribution of assets, I don't want the statute of limitations to run out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 10:01 AM
    You have an attorney, use them, if the will was probated on the 6th, it should have been done shortly after that, I would say your attorney needs to petiion the court to order the deed of the property and an accounting of the assests.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income Tax on IRA in Estate Distribution [ 1 Answers ]

Summary: Man and wife (over 65) have property and funds, which include an IRA. Everything is willed to each other, and then to the adult children. Wife dies and before her will is probated, husband dies. Will(s) are finally probated and estate distributed. It is understood that no ESTATE taxes...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Refinishing floors-timeline [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought an apartment that is a converted office building which was re-done about 4 years ago. The floors are hardwood and I think they look pretty good but my boyfriend really wants to sand/refinish them. We are also renovating our small kitchen which also has wood floors. My question is:...

Inheritance distribution [ 2 Answers ]

Are all inheritors entitled to a copy of the will? How is this obtained? Is the inheritor entitled to full disclosure of the assets and liabilities of the deceased as determined by the executor? What supporting document(s) are to accompany the inheritance check? Is there a repository where all...

LLC distribution [ 0 Answers ]

There is a Limited Liability Company in which its partners receive a monthly salary if the funds are available. If the company received a large sum of money and the partners decided to take a distribution from the company according to their ownership percentage, what account should be debited? ...

View more questions Search