Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Mar 18, 2023, 01:57 PM
    BlockFi Didn't Report Losses on 1099-B
    My funds were frozen in BlockFi after FTX.com collapsed on November 10, 2022. I can't add or withdraw funds to my BlockFi Interest Account. BlockFi field for Bankruptcy in the State of New Jersey and the case is ongoing.

BlockFi sent me a 1099-B, but they didn't report my losses on the tax form. Maybe because it's still going through bankruptcy court, but I need to do my taxes. H&R Block wanted $500 to do my taxes and Turbo Tax wants $209 for the premium package so I can access Schedule D. Even if I did pay those high amounts, I can't report the loss since BlockFi didn't list it on the 1099-B.

I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone from BlockFi since November 10. What should I do? How can I obtain a form from BlockFi that shows my losses? Do I need to contact the debtors? I would rather not have to call the IRS.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Assistance - Do I Need to Report Income from BlockFi? [ 0 Answers ]

Question for the tax experts which I hope isn't too complicated. Unfortunately, 2022 was a bad year for me. I received a 1099-MISC and 1099-B from BlockFi. However, I haven't been able to access the interest or funds in my BlockFi Interest Account BIA since November 10 due to the FTX collapse....

I didn't get 1099-c? [ 1 Answers ]

The IRS sent me a notice telling me I owe taxes for 2010 on a cancellation of debt according to a form 1099-c they received. I never received this form and don't know of any cancellation of debt in that time frame. What can I do?

How to report losses on a joint brokerage account? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend and I opened a joint brokerage account. We made each transaction together and now are trying to figure out how to report our losses. I am single and he is married - when I filed my tax return do I simply report half of the losses and he reports the other half? Thanks in advance for the...

How I do if I didn't have report to workescomp? [ 1 Answers ]

I flowing with lower and the lower toled me what you have? And I told him I did surgery carpel tunnel in right hand and I need do it anther one in left hand also, and he told me going to doctor I know him to do it this surgery ,and he will give you the reports you need put I told him I trust for my...

Figuring gains and losses from 1099-a [ 5 Answers ]

If I have no cancellation debts and my outstanding principal is less than the FMV in box 4, do I still have to include schedule D with my return?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.