Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 10:19 AM
    The kids love that "garish" parade, will laugh and clap and wave their arms in glee
    That's why we call them "children". They will also "laugh and clap and wave their arms in glee" as they run across a busy street. It is our job as adults to protect them and not expose them to what is nothing better than nonsense and in reality much worse.

With the many options available for quality, accomplished adults to read to children, it's ridiculous to choose a bunch of men dressed up as women. It's nothing less than a thinly veiled effort to promote that which is disgusting as being normal. "Hey boys, maybe someday you can grow up and wear a dress!!"

Name:  dq6.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  18.2 KB
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It is our job as adults to protect them and not expose them to what is nothing better than nonsense and in reality much worse.
    There is no thteat, no danger. And you haven't watched tv much lately, have you. Even the cartoons can be scary. Roadrunner jumping off a cliff into the abyss! Daffy getting smashed by a train.
    With the many options available for quality, accomplished adults to read to children, it's ridiculous to choose a bunch of men dressed up as women.
    Yeah, and this happens at least once a week at every public library. Bwahahaha!
    It's nothing less than a thinly veiled effort to promote that which is disgusting as being normal. "Hey boys, maybe someday you can grow up and wear a dress!!"
    You've never worn a dress or makeup or a wig for fun? That's what this is -- fun! Oh, yeah, I forgot....
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 11:16 AM
    There is no thteat, no danger
    Only in your view.

Yeah, and this happens at least once at week at every public library. Bwahahaha!
    Not in ours.

You've never worn a dress or makeup or a wig for fun?
    I know this is going to come as a great shocker for you, but the country, thankfully, is still filled with many men who don't regard wearing dresses or makeup as "fun". I would be in that group, so the answer is no. There are still men who just want to be men unlike those two in the pic above.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 11:47 AM
    Only in your view.
    And in the view of many other fun-loving, open-minded people!

Not in ours.
    I was being facetious.
    I know this is going to come as a great shocker for you, but the country, thankfully, is still filled with many men who don't regard wearing dresses or makeup as "fun". I would be in that group, so the answer is no. There are still men who just want to be men unlike those two in the pic above.
    And the women who wear pants and a t-shirt and NO makeup? Ewwwww!!! Stay away from them! They must be "transformers"!!!
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 12:10 PM
    Those women who wear women's pants and women's t-shirts are not parading around as men and labeling themselves as "drag queens". Surely you can think better than that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 12:12 PM
    Women belong in dresses or skirts! It shows their subservience to men and shows that they are always "available"! (Told to me by Christian men)
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 12:15 PM
    Just a foolish statement.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 12:16 PM
    Those women who wear women's pants and women's t-shirts
    I order mine from the Eddie Bauer catalog, in the men's section. They're very comfortable.

Last time I wore a dress was Christmas 1974.

Just a foolish statement.
    But CHRISTIAN men told me that in no uncertain terms!!!
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 12:25 PM
    If you are going to the public library garishly dressed as a man, then I would have a problem with that. Otherwise, I have no idea why you even bring it up.

I don't care what Christian men told you. We are talking about this, so I do see why you keep trying to change the subject since you enthusiastically support it. If I supported that, then I'd change the subject too.

Views: 11
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 12:31 PM
    If you are going to the public library garishly dressed as a man, then I would have a problem with that. Otherwise, I have no idea why you even bring it up.
    Many of the women employees wear pants and knit shirts or cotton blouses. Lots of bending and stretching and reaching and climbing on stepstools and even ladders. Dresses aren't functional, are unnecessary, are even annoying.

I just don't understand your discomfort. Wearing a costume for a fun occasion brings children (and adults) happiness and laughter and encourages open-mindedness.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 12:33 PM
    You love it and I don't. That's where it stands.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 12:36 PM
    You love it and I don't. That's where it stands.
    I repeat: I just don't understand your discomfort. Wearing a costume for a fun occasion brings children (and adults) happiness and laughter and encourages open-mindedness.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 12:42 PM
    Like I said. You love it. To support exposing children to this perverse sight is your choice.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 12:47 PM
    And you still haven't explained rationally what's wrong with it.

Would you rather they dressed up as pirates or bank robbers?
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 12:49 PM
    If you can't look at that pic and see it, then there's no help for you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 12:49 PM
    Would you rather they dressed up as pirates or bank robbers?

P.S. There's nothing to see!!! Just fun! And many are straight, btw. Marlene Dietrich did it.

Women who dress as men and entertain by imitating them are called drag kings.

Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 02:37 PM
    So your case is based on an actress dressed like a man and smoking a cigarette? Well...OK then. It's all on you. Just glad I'm not the one having to make that absurd case. But even at that, neither of those poor souls was paraded before young children and presented as being normal, so your case just completely fell apart.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 03:08 PM
    There's no joy in your life, is there. No fun, no imagination, no happy anticipation.

Please read If God is Love, Please Don't Be a Jerk by John Pavlovitz.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2023, 03:39 PM
    There's no joy in your life, is there. No fun, no imagination, no happy anticipation.
    I'm with my granddaughter, wife, daughter, and son in law, so I have lots of joy. I'm with Jesus always, so that's plenty of joy. Now granted I'm not watching a perverted drag-queen reading hour for children, so you've got me there.

Please read If God is Love, Please Don't Be a Jerk by John Pavlovitz.
    Too late. You've already brought that up before. I'll tell you what I told you then. He's as big a jerk as I've seen just from his treatment of evangelicals in his book, so he would need to first take his own advice before giving it out to others. And for that matter, WG could take some advice about not being a jerk. If she did, she would not post, "There's no joy in your life, is there. No fun, no imagination, no happy anticipation."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2023, 04:28 PM
    WG could take some advice about not being a jerk. If she did, she would not post, "There's no joy in your life, is there. No fun, no imagination, no happy anticipation."
    WG is only paying you back for the incredibly nasty comments you've made to her (and others).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this normal or abnormal? [ 4 Answers ]

I am the age of 20, who choose not to go on dates, movies, hang with friends, have a boyfriend or girlfriend nor go shopping to see the latest fashion in stores. Instead, I spend most of my time cooped up in the room and on my computer talking to my family and classmates from Facebook. I never talk...

Is this abnormal or normal for 13 year old boy? [ 2 Answers ]

My penise on some days is about 5-6 in hard one day and other days its about 6-7 in hard why iz that and iz it normal it goes back and forth with the size should I c a doctor I'm seroius need serious answer *** I'm not really worried I waz jw because its weird like one day ill have a...

Is normal or poor Semen analysis abnormal 61%. Dead sperms 45% [ 6 Answers ]

So. Please help me how much sperms count want to be normal... my normal sperm counting is 39% and abnormal sperms counting is 61%... my live sperm counting is 55% and dead sperms counting is 45%... NORMAL SPERMS 39% ABNORMAL SPERMS 61% Head Defect 51%+ Mid Piece Defect 3%+ Tail Defect 7%...

Is he normal or am I abnormal [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend a long while now, we are both in our 20s. From the start he has always vocalised sex, and told me when he is horny etc. as I had never been in a relationship I found it hard and there was tension between us, as sometimes I got embarrassed etc. now I'm finding I'm...

Abnormal Hair Test Transforming to Normal, possible? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently taken a Hair Follicle Drug Test through the Courthouse. I received my test results in the mail a few days ago. The results displayed exactly these words: * "The hair sample submitted is an unsuitable specimen that a) appears to be heavily contaminated with drug beyond that which...

View more questions Search