Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2023, 11:11 AM
    Rest in Peace, Athos
    Athos has been my good friend for 20 years, a lifelong bachelor with no family still alive. We met on a Q&A website (Answerway) and moved to this one after that one closed. Athos also was a Quora "expert". We emailed with each other almost daily. And did occasional phone calls. We have never met in person.

The last email I got from him was in late February. Yesterday (Saturday) I emailed his friend Jim who was also concerned about the lack of communication. Jim called the police to ask them to do a wellness check. They told him that Athos' neighbor, a nurse, had gotten suspicious because she hadn't seen him coming or going, so she called the police Friday to do a wellness check. He was found dead in his house, had probably died several days before that or as much as a week earlier.

He had turned 80 the day after Christmas and had heart problems, and, more recently, cellulitis, so we occasionally chatted about death and the next life. His body is at the county morgue, and I'm digging out and collecting contact information for his lawyer and others (information he has sent me over the years) -- plus other information that will be needed. A lot is still unresolved.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 12, 2023, 11:45 AM
    Always a sad time to lose long standing members.
    Rest well, Athos.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2023, 01:23 PM
    He helped make this board fun. I enjoyed the spirited debates . He was good at challenging my beliefs and premises . Athos ,along with Excon ,talaniman and paraclete were worthy adversaries.

Athos God speed on your new journey .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2023, 04:31 PM
    Sad to hear the news. He certainly did contribute to spirited debate. I think we will all miss him.

WG, thanks for posting the news.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2023, 05:19 PM
    I may have heard from Athos already. This afternoon I was emailing with a fellow in Tennessee who is trying to write a western novel. I've been his editor for other novels, so he didn't hold back, asking for suggestions on how to liven up the story now that the bank robbers are in Texas. I suggested a tornado. He immediately jumped on that idea and disappeared to start writing. I x-ed out our email conversation. The photograph of a tornado filled the monitor screen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rest in Peace Levon [ 6 Answers ]

I'll be lifted up to the clouds On the wings of angels There's only flesh and bones In the ground Where my troubles will stay See that storm over yonder t's gonna rain all day But then the sun's gonna shine Through the shadows

Rest in Peace [ 2 Answers ]

My mother died in May of 2006. My step father remarried at their house on Sept 13th of 2008 to a friend of the family. My oldest daughter has always been very receptive to spirits. The night my step dad remarried my daughter saw a vision of my mom sitting in a chair in my mom's living room just...

Tony Snow Rest in Peace [ 20 Answers ]

Like Tim Russert before him, Tony Snow brought an infectious passion and likability to his craft. He brought those skills not only to his media jobs in print, radio and television, but to the White House, where he was a speechwriter for the first President Bush and press secretary for the second....

Rest in peace huny [ 56 Answers ]

My ex fiancé hung himself Friday,we were still in a bit of contact, because he was on cociane. I don't know what to do. I found him and what I saw is haunting me,I can't close my eyes because I see him just hanging there.I know I shouldn't blame myself but I was the last one to see him alive,I...

Tell me how to have spirits rest in peace [ 1 Answers ]

I went to a haunted park yesterday late at night and we got a ghost talking to us on the recording it said elizebeth and then it said help me and then it said elibeth and none of us said that when we were taliknig and now me and my friend want to know how to help it becase we can feel it wathing us...

View more questions Search