Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2023, 05:56 PM
    What I'm trying to say is; Everybody, everything is just a story.
    That makes no sense and is certainly untrue. To say, for instance, that God is "just a story" just misses the mark by a million miles.

Love requires us to tell people the truth. If we don't, then it's indifference at best and hatred at worst.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2023, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Love requires us to tell people the truth. If we don't, then it's indifference at best and hatred at worst.
    No, that's not what Love requires of us. And whose truth? Which truth?
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2023, 06:13 PM
    Love does not require the truth? On what planet?

"You're about to walk out in front of traffic, but I'm going to tell you that the coast is clear and you can move on across! Love you!"

Which truth? Here's some truth. "6 Therefore Jesus told them, “My time is not yet here; for you any time will do. 7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil." In other words, he told them the truth and they hated him for it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2023, 06:18 PM
    Jesus' truth is my truth: "Love one another."

I've always been amazed at what Love can accomplish.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2023, 07:54 PM
    No, it's not. You only accept what you agree with and ignore the rest. You require that Jesus agree with you. Actually, it works the other way around.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 05:28 AM
    “For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.”

It is true that you only accept what you find to be agreeable.

Why did you delete your post? Even more to the point, HOW did you delete your post?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man and woman living together. Difficulties. man ask woman to leave his apartment. [ 2 Answers ]

man and woman living together. difficulties. man ask woman to leave. she won't. man says it will take a few months to get her out. why?

Can sex issues conflict a relationship between a gay woman and a straight woman? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are making a year she says she loves me and she’s attracted to me, but when it comes to sex I know she wants more, and sometimes she can’t get into it. I am the first woman she has ever been with. She says it is okay she enjoys pleasing me, I don’t have to worry about her she...

Can a woman show her chest in front of another woman in normal circumstances? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a woman show her chest in front of another woman in normal circumstances? Is there any hadees in islam in support of this??

View more questions Search