Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 9, 2023, 12:27 AM
    calls the “danger of a single story.”
    What do you think this means?

Wait, is this guy crazy? Just a single story, pfft!! There are millions of Stories.
    These intersecting identities (aka stories)offer us the opportunity to connect with each other on many different levels.
    Yes, and our identity is in Christ Jesus...the one and only [story] that spells danger, for those who stand alienated.

"We must see people beyond labels; otherwise, we fall prey [to] the “danger of a single story.” Identify with whom you will. Just know; there are only the two to choose from. The devel has many, Christ Jesus is one...the Greatest story ever told. the one and only story that goes beyond time and matter.
    I think you are imagining a problem here that actually does not exist.
    Don't you see it? We are on a fast track to Hell. The entire country is willing and able to Identify with whatever blows their way. And here we have the Church identifying itself with???? What do you think brought this on? (hint: Education)

You can identify as a pig and be accepted. Identify with Jesus and you are a fool! If you are a Christian you should not identify with this world or anything of this world...that includes political affiliates.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2023, 05:51 AM
    Don't you see it? We are on a fast track to Hell. The entire country is willing and able to Identify with whatever blows their way
    Meanwhile 'Jesus Revolution ' eclipsed $30 million dollars in box office sales . Many many fools .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2023, 06:28 AM
    Tom, my wife and I scarcely ever go to a movie, but we plan on seeing that one. We lived through that period of time. There was a lot of error, but also a lot of excitement and faith.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2023, 07:04 AM
    I remember it well . My parents became involved in a 1970s Catholic charismatic movement . I attended some of their gatherings . Too intense for me . As to the discussion .I don't know how faith can grow unless someone has a broad life experience to weigh it with .

Mar 9, 2023, 04:13 PM
    Therefore we should come with boldness to the throne
    In which way are we to come; Boldly in speech? Boldly in mind?? Maybe, speech and mind???
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2023, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    You can identify as a pig and be excepted. Identify with Jesus and you are a fool!
    I don't understand. Excepted means left out. Do you mean accepted, that is, welcomed?

Mar 9, 2023, 05:04 PM
    I don't understand. Excepted means left out. Do you mean accepted, that is, welcomed?
    Thanks for the note. corrected.
    Although I believe you knew what was being said.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2023, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    In which way are we to come; Boldly in speech? Boldly in mind?? Maybe, speech and mind???
    Hebrews 4:16 -- Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

AMP:
    Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s gracious favor] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment].

How do we obtain, and why do we have, that confidence, that boldness?
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2023, 09:18 PM
    The preceeding verses supply the answer.

11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do. 14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2023, 11:49 AM
    In his new book, If God Is Love, Don't Be a Jerk, John Pavlovich muses: "I often envision an exasperated Jesus coming back, and the first words out of his mouth to his followers as his feet hit the pavement being “You had one job: Love.1 So, what happened?” I wonder what massive wave of excuses and rationalizations would come flooding from the mouths of the faithful multitude in front of him, how they might justify their mistreatment of the assailed humanity in their care, the verbal and theological gymnastics they’d attempt to avoid culpability for their own cruelty. Would they stridently recite him a verse from Leviticus? Would they blame the Liberal Media for morally corrupting America? Would they talk about people’s wicked lifestyle choices? Would they argue that they were loving the sinners in their midst but simply hating their sin? Would they frantically offer up the same platitudes and parrot back the same partisan talking points they’d gotten used to brandishing on social media and proffering in Sunday school classes? And, if all else failed to convince him—would they quote Jesus to himself in a desperate Hail Mary effort to pass the buck to him for what they did or failed to do while supposedly standing in for him?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2023, 01:16 PM
    Written by Elisheva Shimrit Thoreen
    PhD Candidate/Researcher at Walden University
    Studied Public Policy at Walden University

Let's clear this genital issue up right here and now. If a soldier has an IED blowup and they lose their testicles and penis, are they now considered women? NO!!!

Are women born with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome is a disorder that occurs in females and mainly affects the reproductive system. This condition causes the vagina and uterus to be underdeveloped or absent, are they really men?

You want to go to DNA? Is a man who was born with chromosomes XX but has female DNA and Male sexual characteristics who is able to reproduce and knows they are Male, are they really women?

Woman who was born with chromosomes XY but has male DNA and female sexual characteristics who is able to reproduce and knows they are female, are they men?

Your next argument is God doesn't make mistakes. So then I ask you: What about people born intersex. These are people that are born with reproductive organs of both. They are born with two sets of DNA. How do you know what gender they are? Listen to the doctors when they are born? They get this wrong a staggering 89% of the time? Listen to the bible? The bible states the a women is someone that bears children. What about the millions upon millions that are unable to bear children? Are they also men?

All I have to say is the evidence is clear. The evidence is overwhelming. Study after study is providing Clear and direct evidence contradicting your beliefs.

Gender comes from your brain. Gender is a sense of who you are. It's a sense that does not change. It's not between your legs, its between your ears.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2023, 02:43 PM
    Is a man who was born with chromosomes XX but has female DNA and Male sexual characteristics who is able to reproduce and knows they are Male
    There is no such thing as "female DNA". (correction) A man born with XX chromosomes is a genetic abnormality and is extraordinarily rare.

Woman who was born with chromosomes XY but has male DNA and female sexual characteristics who is able to reproduce and knows they are female, are they men?
    There is no such thing as "male DNA". (correction) A woman born with XY chromosomes is likewise due to a genetic defect and is even more rare. Appealing to cases such as those does nothing to change the fact that maleness and femaleness are, in very nearly all cases, genetically determined at conception.

What about people born intersex. These are people that are born with reproductive organs of both. They are born with two sets of DNA.
    They are typically NOT born with two sets of DNA. The cause of the intersex condition is, at this time, poorly understood. It has no impact at all on the transgender debate. It is a completely different condition.

All of the above is just a false comparison. It's like saying that a person born with only one arm (or who loses an arm in war) shows that humans don't normally have two, or that a person born blind shows that humans don't normally have eyesight.

When I read the excerpt from the book by John Pavlovich, one thought kept coming to mind. Why is he being such a "jerk" and being so hateful? Is he somehow exempt from his own rules?

In an open letter, the man who was critical of, "love the sinner, but hate the sin," said this. "I love you, but as a Christian I simply can’t support the sin of your homophobic and transphobic lifestyle." How is that different from loving the people but hating their sin? Seems to be pretty hypocritical, yes? And how do you separate homophobic/transphobic lifestyles from simply being a person who accepts the teaching of the Bible? Funny that no one accuses us of adultererophobia, murdererophobia, racistophobia, or thiefophobia. It just suspiciously sounds like a man with an agenda.

Also noticed that in the excerpt above and in the letter, at no time did he ever refer to specific passages from the Bible. Wonder why? Does he consider that to be unnecessary?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Application of intersecting linear graphs [ 1 Answers ]

describe the significance of the y-intercept and the slope of the line given the equation, c=25+3500

If I have a black and white wire, to connect to a red and blue, what colors connect? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plug end cord that ends in a black and a white wire. It must be joined to a submersible pump whose cord ends in blue and red. What colors get connected to each other?

Two projectiles intersecting at same point [ 6 Answers ]

Two objects thrown with same velocity 25 m/s one after the other. One was thrown at 65 degrees. If they intersect at a point, what is the angle for the second one.

Cannot connect to HTTP HTTPS FTP servers, refresh 10 times connect, 1/2 pictures load [ 1 Answers ]

I've changed everything,trouble shoot thinks its firewall but I've changed its to allow https ftp and http Could not cannect,my secruity levels are all on medium, computer is about to slip out 10 story window soon Warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the...

I want to connect my headphone jack to my phone and connect bigger speakers [ 5 Answers ]

I want to connect my headphone jack to my phone and connect bigger speakers on the other end is that possible? What I tried is cutting the head phone jack to normal headphones but the cable they have inside are confusing, some have three or even four. I just want to connect my phone directly to...

View more questions Search