Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2023, 06:46 AM
    Minnesota Dem equates some adoptions as genocide
    This is what Rep Hether Keeler ..... 2 term state Rep and a member of the Yankton Sioux Tribe, wrote on Fakebook about White Christians adopting Native American babies ;

“I’m sick of white Christians adopting our babies and rejoicing. Taking them away and stripping them of their identity is a form of genocide. White saviors are the worst.”

https://www.kvrr.com/content/uploads...r-facebook.png

She is author of a bill that evidently passed that says the adoptions strip the children of their identity and is therefore a form of genocide .

According to the soon to be challenged in court ,the [FONT=graphik, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000] Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) gives deference to tribes [/COLOR][/FONT] over decisions for their Indian children' in state custody proceedings..

Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) | Indian Affairs (bia.gov)

She has a bill to extend the provision to state law;probably in light of the challenge in Feds
    Minnesota lawmakers hope to codify Indian Child Welfare Act language into state law - Minnesota Reformer
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2023, 07:23 AM
    “I’m sick of white Christians adopting our babies and rejoicing. Taking them away and stripping them of their identity.
    I guess it would be far better if Asian or black Christians adopted those babies, rejoiced, took them away, and stripped them of their identity? In all likelihood, the truth is that the only reason these children are adopted to non-Indians is because there are no tribal members willing to adopt them, including, one would presume, Ms. Keeler.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2023, 07:37 AM
    She thinks it better that the babies are homeless.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2023, 07:53 AM
    At least then they would be hungry and homeless children with a tribal identity?

It might be that the lady has a somewhat valid point. I don't know what happens when Indian children have to be removed from their families and placed in other homes. How are the decisions made? Perhaps it could be done better, but to resort to such ugly, racist language to describe people who are doing what they can to make the lives of those children better is a really hateful approach worthy of nothing but scorn. But you can be sure she will not be criticized by liberals who, in most cases, would rather die than criticize a fellow lib, and especially a fellow lib belonging to a privileged minority.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ben Carson equates slaves with immigrants . [ 12 Answers ]

What an outrageous thing to say !

Genocide [ 1 Answers ]

1. How can we use the 8 Stages of Genocide to develop more effective ways to prevent genocide in the future? 2. Would it be useful for the UN to establish a Genocide Prevention Center to work with the Special Adviser for Genocide Prevention? 3. Even with Early Warning, how can we achieve...

Kurdish Genocide [ 4 Answers ]

Can somebody explain to me the 8 stages of genocide as they pertain to the Kurdish genocide (ANFAL campaign)? I don't understand it at all. Or at least redirect me to a site which BLATANTLY has it? Thanks.

Sex Offender Adoptions [ 5 Answers ]

My husband is labeled as a sex offender. It was not violent. He did not know the girls age and did not even sleep with her but he caught a case anyway. But my question is whether he can adopt my son. We have a child together already but we wanted for him to adopt my son also I did not know if this...

View more questions Search