Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2023, 07:10 PM
    Auxiliary Battery Malfunctioning light
    I have a 2010 e550 Mercedes the Auxiliary Malfunctioning light message comes on what is the solution.
    Thanks
    John
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2023, 12:24 PM
    Mercedes-Benz cars have two different type of auxiliary battery also known as Mercedes secondary backup battery, it completely depends on the car model, year and many other specifications.

So the first step is to check which battery is used in your Mercedes by opening a hood (bonnet) and trunk (boot), in the trunk this part is usually located nearby fuses if after inspecting these two places you weren't able to locate small auxiliary battery it means your car uses voltage converter.

Auxiliary battery is responsible for running and powering additional accessories in the car such as stop go function and many other, once it detects failure none of these functions will work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2009 soft tail just changed battery battery light on and so is oil light? [ 2 Answers ]

Just met a group of riders and this was their problem. Anybody got an idea? Alternator bad, then why the oil light? Is there an ignition sequence when you replace a battery in an 09 Harley? Anybody??

2009 soft tail just changed battery battery light on and so is oil light? [ 0 Answers ]

2009 softtail just changed battery battery light on and so is oil light?

Malfunctioning ceiling fan/light [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan with lights. It has worked fine for about 4 years but recently, whenever power is applied to the fan (with the wall switch), the light continually cycles from off to dim to bright and off again. The remote control has no effect on operation. I have...

Auxiliary Light on Heat Pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have lived in my home for seven years. The heat pump does a wonderful job cooling the house during the summer--even with temperatures of over 100 degrees. However, it seems as though it struggles to keep the house warm during the winter months. The blue auxiliary heat light stays on most...

Auxiliary battery? [ 1 Answers ]

Background: I generally keep a strong spotlight with what I believe is a lead-aid battery (12V, like the car) connected in my cigar lighter to keep it charged. The gauge of the wire is NOT large, basically being similar to wire on most adaptors which plug into house current. Dumb Question: By...

View more questions Search