Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imadthegreat Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2023, 01:44 PM
    How to report 1099-MISC from stock lending to brokerage
    I lended stocks to fidelity so they can short. That generated some income that's shy of $2000. Fidelity issued a 1099-MISC. Turbo Tax is picking this up as a self employment. This is not self employment. How do I accurately report this income?

Check out some similar questions!

Report 1099 Misc Income [ 8 Answers ]

I won a Small Claims case against a Corporation in 2012. I am in the middle of preparing my taxes and realize the Corporation sent me a 1099 listing the Small Claims award as "Misc Income/Other Income" to me. I am obviously surprised that this is taxable to me. Is this correct?

What happens if I don't report my 1099 misc [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if I do not report my 1099 misc on my taxes? I got one for babysitting and its on box 7 and it for $4200 and once I enter it in it takes like $500 from my tax return. It just dontnt seem right. Since on my w2 I made over $12,000 and only $300 in federal was withhheld. What am I doing...

How to report both 1099-MISC and W-2 [ 1 Answers ]

My wife (an U.S. resident and Ph.D student) received a Teaching Assistatnship for 2007 - 2008 academic year and a Fellowship for 2008 - 2009 academic year from her department. For 2008 tax purposes, she received both 1099-MISC and W-2 forms. The amount on 1099-MISC (box #3) represents the entire...

1099-MISC how to report it. [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 1099-MISC forms I need to enter but it keeps taking me to a self employment page and asks me what my business name and other things are. I don't not own a business I just did some contract work for another business. Also does the income on my 1099-MISC count toward my gross yearly income?

How to report income on 1099-Misc? [ 1 Answers ]

I got both W2 & 1099-Misc (Box 7. Nonemployee Compensation) from my employer. When I entered 1099-Misc income in TurboTax, it produced a Form 4137 (social security & medicare tax on unreported tip income). The income reported on 1099-Misc is not unreported tip income, but performance based bonus...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.