Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2023, 06:13 PM
    The long knives are ready to throw Kam the Sham under the bus.
    The Blond Hair Blue eyed 1/64% native American Boston Brahmin Senator refused to endorse Kam the Sham for a second veep term.

Warren stops short of backing Harris for VP in 2024 (wgbh.org)

She wants to “defer” to what makes Clueless Joe “comfortable” .but will not come out and support her

And she is not alone. The Compost shared the thoughts of a dozen or so Dems who raised concerns of Kam continuing as veep in a possible 2nd term

Some Democrats are worried about Kamala Harris’s political prospects - The Washington Postb
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2023, 06:56 PM
    I'd do better than Kamelhairus.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2023, 08:35 PM
    Kamelhairus.
    Creative!!

endorse Kam the Sham for a second veep term.
    Alarmingly, she is certainly the smarter of the two.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2023, 08:14 AM
    I notice that VP Harris plans to attend the funeral of Mr. Nichols. I wonder if she has attended any other funerals of the hundreds of murdered black people in Memphis, even considering that they were merely killed by non-policemen and thus presented no political advantage to be gained? Some of them were children and some under the age of ten, but VP Harris neglected to so much as send the families a card.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2023, 10:10 AM
    how many funerals of Cops of all color and ethnicity killed in the line of duty has she attended ? In the last month there were 3 killed by gunfire .

Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2023 (odmp.org)

Here is her well thought out remarks speaking at the Congressional Space medal of honor ceremony yesterday . Sounded like she was addressing kindergarten students .

Which brings me to May 30th, 2020. Bob and Doug returned to the Kennedy Space Center. They suited up, they waved to their families, and they rode an elevator up nearly 20 stories. They strapped into their seats and waited as the tanks beneath them filled with tens of thousands of gallons of fuel. And then, they launched.

Yeah, they did. (Laughter.)

Millions of Americans watched that day. On the hills and sand dunes of Cape Canaveral; in living rooms, dorm rooms, classrooms across our nation, we watched Bob and Doug’s rocket rise from the launch pad. We watched it climb into the sky and then disappear from our view.

Maybe it was her speech writer's fault
    Meet Kamala Harris's 6-Year-Old Speechwriter | Babylon Bee
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2023, 10:46 AM
    Millions of Americans watched that day. On the hills and sand dunes of Cape Canaveral; in living rooms, dorm rooms, classrooms across our nation, we watched Bob and Doug’s rocket rise from the launch pad. We watched it climb into the sky and then disappear from our view.
    Not exactly the Gettysburg Address.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2023, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    how many funerals of Cops of all color and ethnicity killed in the line of duty has she attended
    As you well know, that's not the issue. The issue is how many innocent Black people were murdered by cops for no reason after a traffic stop.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2023, 04:21 PM
    So if it's merely a black cop killed by a criminal, then that does not warrant the attention of liberal dems. How strange. It all comes down to gaining a political advantage. It has nothing to do with human lives.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 03:09 AM
    As you well know, that's not the issue. The issue is how many innocent Black people were murdered by cops for no reason after a traffic stop.
    It is an important part of the issue. You should be asking how many people who are stopped by police after a traffic stop are killed by the police if they don't resist arrest ?

What happened to Nichols was wrong and the police involved were rightly arrested .

There are some bizarre things in this case like the claim that all the officers involved were Blacks ,but it is still being called white supremacy. This is one Kam the Sham should've sat out .
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2023, 04:05 AM
    This is one Kam the Sham should've sat out .
    That would be true if ethics were the primary consideration, but since the real goal is gaining political power, then her actions make sense.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 12:07 PM
    It is an important part of the issue. You should be asking how many people who are stopped by police after a traffic stop are killed by the police if they don't resist arrest ?
    You are saying that some cops do their duty and that excuses the bad cops who don't act correctly.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 12:21 PM
    No what I said was don't resist arrest if you want to reduce your chances of getting killed by a cop .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2023, 12:29 PM
    No what I said was don't resist arrest if you want to reduce your chances of getting killed by a cop .
    Tyre Nichols didn't resist arrest -- is now a prime example to cops in training.

An interview with a cop included the comment that cops aren't Black or white. They are trained to ignore their race -- they are blue.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 12:51 PM
    This detailed report based on many pole and body camera videos details the extent of Nichols resisting arrest .It included fleeing ;the officers trying to control him ;him lunging at one of the cops holsters trying to get the officer's gun.

Bodycam Shows Memphis Cops Beat Tyre Nichols As He Resisted Arrest, Went For Cop's Gun - The Police Tribune
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2023, 01:01 PM
    Tyre Nichols didn't resist arrest
    He initially refused to lay on the ground, and then he took off and ran from the officers. He then fought the officers who tried to handcuff him after he had been chased down and caught. Now does that amount to resisting arrest? I'll let you decide. It does not justify at all the behavior of the police, but it does show that resisting arrest is a foolish decision that greatly elevates the possibility of a violent outcome.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    An interview with a cop included the comment that cops aren't Black or white. They are trained to ignore their race -- they are blue.
    True blue.

True story:
    Last week I contacted a kid I grew up with who went on to become a cop (NYPD). John (not his real name) was a straight shooter (no pun intended) who swore he would never "go on the pad". New cops would often be initiated in a very small way - $5 for overlooking a small business guy from illegal parking in front of his store. John knew how that worked, but he swore not even to take small amounts which led to big amounts and corruption.

I wrote him a long letter after not being in touch for 30-40 years asking him all about the recent news about cops and police culture - blue wall of silence, etc. I heard back from John and, after some niceties about getting in touch again, his note read as though it were written by the PR department of NYPD. The style and language didn't sound anything like the John I knew - the ex-altar boy who swore to always be on the straight and narrow even if it meant, as he once said, he was permanently assigned to the tow-away squad in Manhattan.

He never answered my specific questions but gave me generalities about "New York's Finest" (he actually used that phrase self-referentially) and how the NYPD was free from corruption after the Knapp Commission, and how they were disciplined and run like the military and put their lives in danger every day.

Either John had been totally won over or someone else wrote that part of the note for him. It was definitely not the guy I grew up with. He finished the email with friendly chatter about the old neighborhood.

I haven't decided yet how or whether to reply to him.

This detailed report based on many pole and body camera videos details the extent of Nichols resisting arrest .It included fleeing ;the officers trying to control him ;him lunging at one of the cops holsters trying to get the officer's gun.
    That is absolute BULLSH*T and you know damn well it is!
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 01:55 PM
    That is absolute BULLSH*T and you know damn well it is!
    wow now you convinced me with that logic
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2023, 02:10 PM
    Tomder, you must have watched a different video from what I did. After a cop wrenched open the driver's door, Tyre was immediately pulled out of the driver's seat onto the ground and was repeatedly punched and kicked. He yelled that he hadn't done anything (after asking, "What did I do?!!!") and also called out for his mother who lived a few houses away. He was tased and pepper-sprayed, continually beaten.

What was his offense? He was never told. The police report has not been released.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2023, 03:07 PM
    Yep. You watched a different video for sure.

I was also overwhelmed with the high level argument presented by Athos.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 03:16 PM
    you saw the one video of multiple videos that was released . If you actually read the link provided you would understand that . The link provided explains what was released from both police body cams and over head street cams . It is a balanced presentation without drawing conclusions . What it does detail is the multiple times Nichols resisted arrest . Had he just submitted to the arrest ; then I would be on board with the charges against the officers .

The situation in this country today reminds me of the 1970s and how the returning soldiers from Vietnam were vilified and treated . Bad cops should be dealt with . But what is happening today is a blanket charge of systemic racism . It is nonsense pure and simple

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you ban kitchen knives only criminals will have kitchen knives [ 31 Answers ]

BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call I thought I was reading an Onion article. Maybe they will permit all the sheeple to own sporks .

A bit long, so be ready to read... [ 2 Answers ]

Just to say, I'm about 17 and in high school, obviously. There's a guy in my class in whom I'm VERY interested. He intrigues me and I can't figure out what makes him tick. I don't usually have trouble pleasing someone because after a few meetings, I instinctively know how to be a person they'd...

Is spyderfly butterfly knives really good knives I'm looking to buy one myself [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking to buy a new butterfly knife and found a nice spyderfly knife and wanted to know if anyone has any tips. It looks like a good knife an I fond it for pretty cheap

How long can you keep turkey in the refrigerator before you need to throw it away [ 1 Answers ]

How many days can I keep my leftover turkey in the refrig, before I throw it away

Confused and ready to throw the towel [ 1 Answers ]

I agreed to let my wife have a sex toy party at our house. Yesterday she asked me could she have a stripper at the party What should I tell her

View more questions Search