Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2023, 06:12 AM
    Twitter files the compliant press addition.
    I think we need to just call this out on the b***sh*t it is.

That was the response by Yoel Roth to requests by 'Hamilton 68', a digital “dashboard” that claimed to track Russian influence and was the source of hundreds if not thousands of mainstream print and TV news stories in the Trump years.; to shut down right leaning posters because they accused them of being Russian bots or influenced by Russia.

(68 tweets by Matt Taibbi about the fake charges about so called Russian influence )

Matt Taibbi on Twitter: "https://t.co/0yk0y7VlGX outlets for years cited Watts and Hamilton 68 when claiming Russian bots were “amplifying” an endless parade of social media causes – against strikes in Syria, in support of Fox host Laura Ingraham, the campaigns of both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. https://t.co/Qwf5UuKUkb" / Twitter

Roth commented that “Virtually any conclusion drawn from it will take conversations in conservative circles on Twitter and accuse them of being Russian.”

Hamilton 68 was headed by former FBI counterintelligence official (and current MSNBC contributor) Clint Watts, and funded by a neoliberal think tank, the 'Alliance for Securing Democracy '(ASD)and includes neoconservative writer Bill Kristol, former Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul, ex-Hillary for America chief John Podesta, and former heads or deputy heads of the CIA, NSA, and the Department of Homeland Security. They went after an array of Conservatives but chiefly focused on Trump and his policies.
    They claimed to have a secret list of offenders that they never disclosed because they claimed that if they did the Russians would shut the bots down.
    All the compliant press needed to know was that these former intel people had a list of bots . The compliant press did not even know what was meant by a bot. All they knew was Russia=bad .

But Twitter execs put 2 and 2 together and determined that not only were the sites particularly Russian ;but they were not bots. “No evidence to support the statement that the dashboard is a finger on the pulse of Russian information ops.”“Hardly illuminating a massive influence operation.”
    Twitter execs concluded that it was a scam. Instead of tracking how “Russia” influenced American attitudes, Hamilton 68 simply collected a handful of mostly real, mostly American accounts, and described their organic conversations as Russian scheming.“Real people need to know they’ve been unilaterally labeled Russian stooges without evidence or recourse,” Roth wrote.

Roth wanted to expose it . But the Twitter organization was afraid of the consequences of taking on such a powerful group].

So the “legitimate people,” as one Twitter exec called them, never found out they’d been used as fodder for mountains of news stories about “Russian influence.”

Editor in chief of Consortium News wrote
    Organizations like Hamilton 68 are in business to enforce an official narrative, which means excising inconvenient facts, which they call ‘misinformation.’”

According to Matt Taibbi ;
    Hamilton 68 was used as a source to assert Russian influence in an astonishing array of news stories: support for Brett Kavanaugh or the Devin Nunes memo, the Parkland shooting, manipulation of black voters, “attacks” on the Mueller investigation....

These stories raised fears in the population, and most insidious of all, were used to smear people like Tulsi Gabbard as foreign “assets,” and drum up sympathy for political causes like Joe Biden’s campaign by describing critics as Russian-aligned.

Virtually every major American news organization cited these fake tales— even fact-checking sites like Snopes and Politifact.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2023, 04:39 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compliant press finally figures out Herr Doctor [ 20 Answers ]

How Fauci Fooled America | Opinion (newsweek.com) Mounting evidence indicates that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity. we now know that lockdowns failed to protect high-risk older people. When confronted with the idea of focused protection of the...

Durham beginning to identify the compliant press [ 29 Answers ]

Special council John Durham has obtained hundreds of emails between the Evita campaign and the compliant press. These emails contained what Durham says "triggered a sizeable outflow of unverified derogatory information into the media, the government, and the public about Donald Trump,that the...

The Twitter Files [ 97 Answers ]

Musk is releasing proof of how Twitter and big tech colluded with Quid Pro Joe to rig the 2020 elections by suppressing the content of the Hunter Biden laptop Just a reminder of one of the key texts that was on the computer . “I hope you all can do what I did and pay for everything for this...

compliant press double standard on full display [ 5 Answers ]

Imagine if the media had a verified diary entry from Ivanka Trump about her father taking inappropriate showers with her. The FBI already verified the diary of Ashley Biden ;Quid's daughter, is real ....confirmed by the NY Slimes . There is an entry that says Quid had inappropriate showers with...

Twitter is sending messages to my phone, but I don't have a Twitter? [ 1 Answers ]

So, my Android has an obviously recycled phone number. But this is getting tiresome. I keep getting 40404 Test messages from a Twitter account. It's not spam. I've checked up these accounts, and they do exist. How can I make twitter stop sending me these messages? The messages are often, "Hey...

View more questions Search