Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2023, 04:33 PM
    Perhaps McCarthy will pan out.
    He has refused to allow Swalwell and Schiff to be on the Intell committee and gave a well-reasoned explanation of why earlier today. It's nice to see a repub have a little courage.

Speaker McCarthy Heated Exchange on House Intelligence Committee Assignments - YouTube

McCarthy pushed back: "Let me be very clear and respectful to you. You ask me a question, when I answer it, it's the answer to your question. You don't get to determine whether I answer your question or not, okay? With all respect, thank you. No, no. Let's answer her question."
    "You just raised the question. I will be very clear with you. The Intel Committee is different, well, you know why? Because what happens in the Intel Committee, you don't know. What happens in the Intel committee, other secrets are going on the world, other members of Congress don't know," McCarthy said.
    The Republican leader brought up Schiff’s push of the Russia collusion scandal as a reason for not allowing him back on the House Intelligence Committee.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2023, 05:17 AM
    Historian Mary Stockwell wrote of Washington's Presidency
    Washington was well aware that he had been given the power to shape the American presidency. "I walk on untrodden ground,"....Washington believed that the precedents he set must make the presidency powerful enough to function effectively in the national government, but at the same time these practices could not show any tendency toward monarchy or dictatorship.

Presidential Precedents · George Washington's Mount Vernon

Madam Mimi broke long standing protocol and courtesy when she self appointed the minority members of the January 6 kangaroo court .Now the Dems are stuck with it .She should've known better . Harry Reid's decisions to break standard practice by busting the filibuster for judicial nominees bit the Dems in the keister . The result was a conservative SCOTUS not the lib one he imagined . When she nixed Jordon and Reid from the J6 panel she was playing with fire

Now the Dems are being burnt .

Will we ever get back to the minority party choosing its own members for standing and select committees ? Maybe but I doubt it .

Minority leader Jefferies could've taken steps to repair the damage. Instead he doubled down by selecting members that McCarthy vowed to exclude from the Intel Committee.
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2023, 07:20 AM
    Adam Schiffhead ;angry about being booted from the committee that handles sensitive national security matters ;vented his frustration ;and solicited funds for a future run for the Senate, on (you can't make this up ) Chinese government spyware enhanced TikTok

Schiff’s decision to use TikTok as a fundraising platform for his political endeavors raises serious questions about Schiff’s knowledge of and concern for national security matters.
    As Director Wray has noted, the Chinese government has the ability to “control data collection on millions of [TikTok] users” as well as “control the recommendation algorithm, which could be used for influence operations” or even “control software on millions of devices, which gives it an opportunity to potentially technically compromise personal devices.”
    Adam Schiff Mourns Ouster From Intelligence Committee By Fundraising on National Security Threat TikTok (mediaite.com)
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2023, 01:50 PM
    Schiffhead hit with an ethics complaint .The Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust (FACT) a watchdog group sent the complaint to the Office of Congressional Ethics . Apparently, he used footage from the Kangaroo court in his Communist China controlled Tiktok campaign ad.
    "Federal law states that 'appropriations shall be applied only to the objects for which the appropriations were made except as otherwise provided by law,'" the complaint said. "To enforce this law, the ethics rules prohibit members from using any official resource for campaign or political purposes. 'Official resources' includes anything funded by taxpayers, such as a member's official website, social media accounts, and photographs and video from the House or Senate floor."
    "To make it abundantly clear," the complaint added, "both the House ethics rules and Senate rules specifically identify congressional video of floor proceedings as official resources that members are prohibited from using for political purposes."
    65db76_fc0ac564942e40b8834bdbb7c9a4fdf4.pdf (usrfiles.com)
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2023, 05:51 PM
    20 members of the Repub caucus broke ranks with McCarthy and defeated a motion to censure Adam Schiffhead for all the obvious lies he said during the Russia hoax . The vote was 225-196 .

Everyone was afraid that it would be the conservatives that undermine his speakership Turns out it is the RINO contingent as usual

The 20 Republicans who voted to kill the resolution were: Kelly Armstrong (ND); Lori Chavez-DeRemer (OR); Juan Ciscomani (AZ); Tom Cole (OK); Warren Davidson (OH); Brian Fitzpatrick (PA); Kay Granger (TX); Garret Graves (LA); Thomas Kean Jr. (NJ); Kevin Kiley (CA); Young Kim (CA); Michael Lawler (NY); Thomas Massie (KY); Tom McClintock (CA); Marc Molinaro (NY); Jay Obernolte (CA); Michael Simpson (ID); Michael Turner (OH); David Valadao (CA); Steve Womack (AR).

Evidently the big issue was the resolution would also fine Schiffhead $16 million ;which is about half of what the country spent for the Inspector Javert Mueller investigation.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2023, 05:55 PM
    The usual cowardly response.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2023, 01:46 AM
    Schiffhead is likely to run for the Feinstein Senate seat . Now he will brag that he took on Trump and had a win against the Repub caucus in the House when they tried to silence him. He will continue to lie at will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speaker Kevin McCarthy [ 16 Answers ]

McCarthy was always going to be Speaker. It is my view that this revolt by the Freedom Caucus was long overdue . All they wanted was a return to normal procedure in the House. That as opposed to getting an 11th hour omnibus bill shoved up their keisters; done in a closed-door agreement by...

McConnell and McCarthy [ 51 Answers ]

As an ethnic Irish-American (each of 4 grandparents hailed from Counties Clare, Kerry or Cork), I am ashamed of these two bozos with honorable surnames that they continually dishonor. McConnell was bad enough, but now McCarthy is making McConnell look like an angel. Not a day goes by when he...

Social civics our government in action Munro Kennelly McCarthy [ 0 Answers ]

The term "state" always refers to a country True of false

Social civics our government in action Munro Kennelly McCarthy [ 0 Answers ]

"democracy is the best form of government for those who are able to govern themselves." True or False?

D. McCarthy [ 0 Answers ]

I have an ink drawing signed D. Mc Carthy and was trying to find out if he is a listed artist.

View more questions Search