Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2023, 08:07 PM
    On The Trinity
    How can the following verse from the Old Testament be reconciled to the doctrine of the Trinity which doesn't appear in the literature until the early 4th century.

Psalms 83:18 says “May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you ALONE are the most high over all the earth.” In John 14:28 Jesus said the” Father is greater than I am.”
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 31, 2023, 04:12 PM
    Jesus' appearance in the Gospels brought in the idea of the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Trinity is like the three stages of water: ice, liquid, and vapor -- each the same entity yet each a different appearance with a different role to play. It's like a man who is a father, a son, and a husband: one man, three functions.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2023, 08:45 PM
    "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness."

“And the LORD God said, ‘The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil’”
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2023, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Jesus' appearance in the Gospels brought in the idea of the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    You partially answered the question correctly by citing the New Testament but more specifics are needed to finish the answer.

The Trinity is like the three stages of water: ice, liquid, and vapor -- each the same entity yet each a different appearance with a different role to play. It's like a man who is a father, a son, and a husband: one man, three functions.
    This is an excellent topic for discussion although it's not the current question.

A new thread could be -- What exactly IS a valid explanation to define the Trinity? Are analogies sufficient to explain it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trinity and Son of God [ 106 Answers ]

Understanding Trinity had been a challenge for ages and now I have come to the conclusion that comprehension of Trinity surpasses human understanding. However my understanding about Trinty tells me the Jesus is the physical entity of Lord Almighty. Lord God is spirit and HE sends His spirit as Holy...

The Trinity in the Bible [ 120 Answers ]

One person in another thread was questioning the trinity, so I am starting a new thread here to discuss that topic. Let's start with this. Who are the three persons mentioned in this passage: Isa 48:16-17 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From...

The Trinity [ 31 Answers ]

I have a pretty clear understanding of the Trinity according to my churches teaching. Please explain your churches understanding of the trinity and how they work together? I do not want arguments on who is right or wrong, just an explanation that a laymen like me can understand. Thanks.

Do you believe in the Trinity? Why or why not? [ 43 Answers ]

Please provide your evidence for or against the doctrine of the Trinity.

Trinity [ 28 Answers ]

How do you define the Trinity?

View more questions Search