Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 09:08 AM
    Candidate Trump's Populism
    Trump's Populism thrives as an opposition movement, exploiting fears and resentment of elites and immigrants. Once populist leaders are elected, the shallowness of their policy proposals is exposed, and the public becomes disenchanted. But populists will always reappear in cycles, as demagogues seek power by offering solutions to complex problems that are simple, seductive, and wrong. - Anonymous.

Has ever a single paragraph described Trump's presidency as well as this one?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2023, 10:08 AM
    There’s nothing like an unbiased, rational appraisal of history.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2023, 10:35 AM
    And many think Trump's brain is golden. Like the above quote said, "...demagogues seek power by offering solutions to complex problems that are simple, seductive, and wrong"

“You’re saying Marla is in this photo?” Kaplan asked Trump.
    “That’s Marla, yeah,” Trump said. “That’s my wife.”
    Trump’s lawyer, Alina Habba, interjected to correct him. “No, that’s Carroll,” Habba said.
    “Oh, I see,” Trump responded.
    https://www.luxtimes.lu/en/world/tru...135b923603e41a
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2023, 11:15 AM
    “You’re saying Marla is in this photo?” Kaplan asked Trump.
    “That’s Marla, yeah,” Trump said. “That’s my wife.”
    Trump’s lawyer, Alina Habba, interjected to correct him. “No, that’s Carroll,” Habba said.
    “Oh, I see,” Trump responded.
    I hope you realize that if you want to start comparing brain-dead quotes, then Biden will come out WAAYYYYY on the bottom?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2023, 11:22 AM
    It's much too dark in those department store dressing rooms. And all those tall skinny blondes look alike.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 01:40 PM
    Trump's Populism thrives as an opposition movement,
    All populist movements are opposition movements to entrenched powers . During Trump's time the elites are the uniparty ,deep state leviathan . Yes the resentment is real . Those powerful reduce America to a system that is not in line with the Constitutional Republic it was designed to be.

Once populist leaders are elected, the shallowness of their policy proposals is exposed, and the public becomes disenchanted.
    Wrong . in most cases the American system /parties absorbed the ideas of the populists movements as was the case with the agrarian back lash against the Industrial revolution .For good and bad ,America absorbed many of Huey Long solutions to the Great Depression . Once that happens the movement fades away.

Americans are self governing people and populist movements in this country reflect that self determination

The danger here is that the deep state may have become so powerful that they do not feel the need to address the concerns of the populist movement . They have employed the power of the security /police against the movement . The danger is when populist concerns do not get addressed .that the movement becomes a revolution. (as was the case when the colonial populist movement's concerns that were not addressed by the deep state Brit monarchy .
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The danger here is that the deep state may have become so powerful that they do not feel the need to address the concerns of the populist movement
    WHAT populist movement?

Please define the Deep State, its danger, who it is, and why did Trump blame it for all his misfortunes? Please provide evidence where applicable of your claims.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 02:39 PM
    did you not call it Trump populism ? Where are your links and evidence besides an anonymous rant ?
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2023, 03:00 PM
    Where are your links and evidence besides an anonymous rant ?
    Same question has been asked many times and generally with no meaningful response. We'll see how it goes this time.

It is rather strange for Athos to speak of a Trump populist movement and then ask, "WHAT populist movement?"
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 03:37 PM
    You see ; Trump populism is so much different than any other populist movements in this country before . not And anyone who doesn't know what I mean by the Deep state has not been paying attention .I've referenced both the 'deep state' and my pet name for it the 'leviathan' or the administrative state since at least 2008 here .
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 03:46 PM
    did you not call it Trump populism ? Where are your links and evidence besides an anonymous rant ?
    My post is self-evident. Yours needs more than your word for it. If you can't define what is you claim, you can't expect anyone to take you seriously.

If you don't want to provide evidence were evidence is needed, that's OK.

I defy anyone alive to disprove what I posted about Trump the wanna-be demagogue.

You see ; Trump populism is so much different than any other populist movements in this country before . not And anyone who doesn't know what I mean by the Deep state has not been paying attention .I've referenced both the 'deep state' and my pet name for it the 'leviathan' or the administrative state since at least 2008 here .
    Our posts passed in the cyber-night.

Trumpites use the "Deep State" expression as a trigger-word without definition - just a vague "they". (Reminds me how the late Limbaugh ran his radio show - dittoheads).

Leviathan means nothing.

If you don't want to tell us what you mean, you won't get any approval. So, why bother?
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 03:47 PM
    I defy anyone alive to disprove what I posted about Trump the wanna-be demagogue.
    you exposed your biases . I tried to have a serious converasation about populist movenents and you want to rant like one inflicted with TDS
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 03:50 PM
    you exposed your biases . I tried to have a serious converasation about populist movenents and you want to rant like one inflicted with TDS
    I must have missed your serious attempt at conversationj. Do you mean like this -- "...rant like inflicted with TDS"? Like that?

you exposed your biases .
    PS TRunp as a wanna-be demagogue is hardly a bias.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2023, 03:59 PM
    thrives as an opposition movement, ,exploiting fears and resentment of elites and immigrants. Once populist leaders are elected, the shallowness of their policy proposals is exposed, and the public becomes disenchanted. But populists will always reappear in cycles, as demagogues seek power by offering solutions to complex problems that are simple, seductive, and wrong. - Anonymous.
    Shallow policy proposals? Exploit fears of elites and immigrants? An opposition movement? What is there to disprove? It's only shallow opinions with absolutely no supporting evidence and as such isn't worth the effort. Your assurance that it's all "self-evident" just strikes me as a self-evident effort to avoid having to provide even the most casual of documentation. "Believe it because I say so," won't work very well.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 04:00 PM
    Deep state a permanent government or an institutional government , Trump’s election was a shock event for a lot of people, especially for people who worked in government and were accustomed to a certain level of continuity . But the term predates Trump. Eric Snowden pretty much exposed it in 2013 how it was spying on Americans through the NSA .

Deep state .. Should civil servants resist policies that elected officials pass into law or enact within their power as elected executives ? It happens all the time .
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 04:19 PM
    Deep state a permanent government or an institutional government , Trump’s election was a shock event for a lot of people, especially for people who worked in government and were accustomed to a certain level of continuity . But the term predates Trump. Eric Snowden pretty much exposed it in 2013 how it was spying on Americans through the NSA .

Deep state .. Should civil servants resist policies that elected officials pass into law or enact within their power as elected executives ? It happens all the time .
    Thank you. That accords with my understanding, except for the second part.

If civil servants are acting against government policies due to their political preference, I don't agree with that. I don't believe "it happens all the time".

I spent 5 years in DC and knew a number of civil servants including a highly-placed member of the Transportation Department. He was asked by Obama to be the secretary but he turned it down and went home as he had planned. This guy was as straight as an arrow and so were the others I knew who were not appointed or elected. I'm sure there are exceptions, but they know beforehand the strict rules and regs about civil service and many are young, recently out of university looking for a career. In fact, being publicly non-partisan is a point of pride with most of them.

Trump complained constantly about the Deep State and never did a thing about it except (rhymes with witch). It was great fodder for his sycophants.

Civil service, btw, was started for the express purpose of having government workers do their jobs without catering to any political party then in power. No organization is without its faults.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 05:05 PM
    Civil service, btw, was started for the express purpose of having government workers do their jobs without catering to any political party then in power. No organization is without its faults.
    "civil servants " decided that Trump was not a worthy Presidential candidate and devised an "insurance policy " to make sure it did not happen . After that "civil servants " in the Justice Dept undermined his effectiveness as President by "investigating " bogus charges against him even though they knew early on that the charges held no weight .

"Civil Servants " in the WH decided that they did not like Trump's Ukraine policies and worked with his political opponents in Congress to create bogus impeachment charges against him.

"Civil Servants " loyal to the emperor's agenda set up an active "resistance " movement against various Trump EOs in the opening days of his administration . Federal workers were in regular consultation with recently departed emporor political appointees about what they can do to push back , They set up social media accounts to anonymously leak . These "civil servants " made their preferences early on in the 2016 election .
    Government workers shun Trump, give big money to Clinton | The Hill

But Trump was President and now their role as partisan hack "resistance " meant they were going to actively undermine the agenda of the President that the people elected as the Chief Executive of the US.

So your vision of the civil service system is a qualified failure if it creates a permanent state that is completely independent of the will of the people .
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2023, 08:02 PM
    "civil servants " decided that Trump was not a worthy Presidential candidate and devised an "insurance policy " to make sure it did not happen .
    Provide the specifics on the "insurance policy". Without them I have no way of responding.

After that "civil servants " in the Justice Dept undermined his effectiveness as President by "investigating " bogus charges against him even though they knew early on that the charges held no weight .
    If you're referring to Mueller's report, his investigation was anything but bogus. He cited several instances of Trump's criminal actions requiring indictment but declined as long as Trump was protected by the AG as un-indictable.

"Civil Servants " in the WH decided that they did not like Trump's Ukraine policies and worked with his political opponents in Congress to create bogus impeachment charges against him.
    As the entire world knows, Trump tried to pressure the head of a foreign nation to investigate his political opponent. The impeachment charges were far from bogus. They were unanimously (except for the spinless Republicans) considered more than worthy of impeachment. They even had Trump's phone call describing perfectly his crime.

Civil Servants " loyal to the emperor's agenda set up an active "resistance " movement against various Trump EOs in the opening days of his administration . Federal workers were in regular consultation with recently departed emporor political appointees about what they can do to push back , They set up social media accounts to anonymously leak
    What is your evidence for this? Specifics.

These "civil servants " made their preferences early on in the 2016 election
    I read your link. They gave their preferences by voting for Clinton and contributing to her campaign. BOTH ACTIONS ARE TOTALLY LEGAL FOR "CIVIL SERVANTS". You should read the links you post.

But Trump was President and now their role as partisan hack "resistance " meant they were going to actively undermine the agenda of the President that the people elected as the Chief Executive of the US.
    Evidence?

So your vision of the civil service system is a qualified failure
    No, tomder, my vision is far more accurate than yours. Your specific charges are false and every one has been debunked by me. The non-specific charges await your proofs or some evidence of their truth. You have provided none.

if it creates a permanent state that is completely independent of the will of the people
    No permanent state has been created that is "completely independent of the will of the people". Your statement is totally absurd on its own merits.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2023, 08:12 PM
    What is your evidence for this? Specifics.
    Remember?? It's "self-evident".
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2023, 03:20 AM
    This is tedious . You claim to debunk but with no references or links .But you ask for detailed references from me

The insurance policy I have referenced many times on this board . Look up the emails from FBI paramours Lisa Page and Peter Strzok ....who at the time was deputy Assistant FBI director; and lead "investigator" of the Trump campaign . and later the top FBI officer working for Inspector Javert Mueller before he was fired after his text messages were revealed.

Their emails were part of the IG report on the FBI 's conduct during the 2016 election.
    Clearly they had an agenda beyond an unbiased investigation of Trump .

Page was afraid he would win . Strzok texted
    “No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it” in response to her question “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!”,

download (justice.gov)

page xi ;xii

In the exchange ,Lisa Page refers to a meeting in Andrew McCabe's office (Assistant FBI Director under Comey) where Strzok's 'insurance policy ' against a Trump win was discussed .

As for "evidence" of civil servant resistance to Trump; and meeting with the emperor's stooges , all I need to do is read the Compost

Less than two weeks into Trump’s administration, federal workers are in regular consultation with recently departed Obama-era political appointees about what they can do to push back against the new president’s initiatives. Some federal employees have set up social media accounts to anonymously leak word of changes that Trump appointees are trying to make.
    Resistance from within: Federal workers push back against Trump - The Washington Post

Now show me where you "debunked " anything. Be specific with references .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2024 Candidate Trump On The Pandemic [ 2 Answers ]

In honor of Tomder's devotion to heavily-detailed posts on topics of interest. The Obama administration left a robust pandemic response team in place, but all accounts are that Trump was completely disinterested in understanding the threat posed by a potential viral outbreak, and instead...

2024 Candidate Trump's Pre-pandemic Performance [ 0 Answers ]

Prior to the pandemic, there were 26 months before the economy reached its peak after Trump's tax bill. In this period, economic growth slowed by about two-thirds. Earlier, between Obama’s recovery act and the tax bill, the Dow grew at an average of 16.2% annually. After the tax bill that...

2024 Candidate Trump Record On Afghanistan [ 2 Answers ]

Starting in 2019, Trump began undermining our operations in Afghanistan. That began with an invitation to the Taliban to a private meeting at Camp David on the anniversary of 9/11. That meeting was changed after outrage from both sides of the aisle. Nevertheless, Trump insisted on meeting with...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

View more questions Search