Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 06:39 AM
    The left opposes MLK's dream
    “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
    The Lefts support of identity politics is counter to MLKs dream . The move is an attempt to resegregate America.

The University of Connecticut announced last week that it is creating a living-learning community for African-American male students,

U of Connecticut creates new living-learning center for black male students (insidehighered.com)

In response to student feedback and requests for more identity centered spaces to support and advocate for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) students on Western’s campus, Black Affinity Housing was specifically created. The program began in the Fall of 2021.

Black Affinity Housing | On-Campus Housing (wwu.edu)

“Affinity housing” is, of course, housing in which people of a given ethnicity can have a “safe space” to live, i.e., one housing others of similar genetic background (or social-construct background, depending on your views). In other words, it’s segregated housing, albeit voluntarily segregated.

Black students at Williams College favor self-segregated housing – Why Evolution Is True

Of 173 schools surveyed in this report , 42 percent offer segregated residences, 46 percent offer segregated orientation programs, and 72 percent host segregated graduation ceremonies.

Report: Neo-Segregation at Yale by National Association of Scholars | NAS

But if democracy is to live, segregation must die.

MLK 1966 convocation address

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - 1966 Convocation (iwu.edu)
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 07:15 AM
    My God, tomder, the way you twist facts is mind-boggling. Have you no shame? At long last, have you no shame?
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 09:41 AM
    You can't handle the truth . There is no way that MLK would approve the move towards segregation ;especially on the campus' of so called "higher learning " institutions .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2023, 01:05 PM
    My God, tomder, the way you twist facts is mind-boggling. Have you no shame? At long last, have you no shame?
    As is often the case with Athos, what passes for a reply is just an empty, contentless personal attack. That is contrast to a post with five links to documentation and many quotes. Shame, indeed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2023, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You can't handle the truth . There is no way that MLK would approve the move towards segregation ;especially on the campus' of so called "higher learning " institutions .
    Who is requesting? "In response to student feedback and requests for more identity centered spaces to support and advocate for [the variety of colors and ethnicities]...."
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Who is requesting? "In response to student feedback and requests for more identity centered spaces to support and advocate for [the variety of colors and ethnicities]...."
    Tom missed/ignored that excellent point.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 02:37 PM
    Segregation is ok depending on who is asking for it ..... ok I get it I'm sure the accommodations will be separate but equal
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 02:52 PM
    btw did you see the "tribute" Boston "erected " to MLK ?

Memorial - Embrace Boston

It is supposed to be stature of 'The Embrace " when MLK got the Pulitzer Prize . Instead the decapitated statue looks like the arms are embracing a huge yam

or as Seneca Scott( Coretta Scott King's first cousin ) called it "a masturbatory metal homage to my legendary family members "

So now Boston has a big bronze penis statue that’s supposed to represent black love at its purest and most devotional. This is no accident. The woke algorithm is racist and classist. Therefore, its programming will always produce things that harm black and poor people. This sculpture is an especially egregious example of the woke machine’s callousness and vanity. Hopefully, it will show more black people that these progressives just aren’t in this for our benefit.
    A Masturbatory ‘Homage’ to My Family | Compact Mag
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 03:06 PM
    Segregation is ok depending on who is asking for it ..... ok I get it I'm sure the accommodations will be separate but equal
    The minority group has different needs than the majority. It can look "wrong" as in this case, but it is designed to strengthen the "out" group. The same thing done by the majority would be a clear case of an unnecessary move.

This kind of misunderstanding happens all the time. "All Lives Matter" responding to "Black Lives Matter" is a case in point.

btw did you see the "tribute" Boston "erected " to MLK ?

Memorial - Embrace Boston
    I personally don't like it, but I get it. Creative artists aren't always mainstream.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2023, 03:28 PM
    Segregation is ok depending on who is asking for it ..... ok I get it I'm sure the accommodations will be separate but equal.
    Absolute masterpiece. Segregation is wrong and inclusion is king until, of course, the liberal dems decide otherwise. Then we proceed forward to "Whites need not apply". I just wonder what those segregated blacks will do when they run into the real world upon completing their segregated graduation ceremony.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does this dream mean I am scared as I had a dream about my sister she died help? [ 4 Answers ]

I woke up sweating my son had been took away from out side my mums by 3 women in black and white suits and I was screaming his dad my partner was over the road laughing at it happening ? My sister died of epilespsey in 2008 after I dreamed she died so I'm scared what could this mean ?

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

Finally left her, and dream is coming true (I hope) [ 6 Answers ]

So, here is me, a 100% commitmentaphobe... Here is the story... 4 years ago, 1st year at uni, I really liked a girl called Harriet, she had a boyfriend, but I told her I liked her... she left uni for family reasons... about a year ago, got back in touch... and she was single... chatted...

View more questions Search