Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2023, 08:08 AM
    Mayor Beetlejuice's unique method to recruitment "volunteers " for her campaign
    Chicago Public Schools teachers received an email from the mayor's reelection campaign asking them to recruit CPS students to help with the mayor’s campaign . Evidently the students would take time from classes in an “externship program” ,and receive classroom credit for the assistance .

1-11-23 Lightfoot campaign message to CPS educators (ctulocal1.org)

Mayor Beetlejuice says she knows nuthink while she threw staffer Megan Crane under the bus
    This was a mistake and shouldn’t have happened, period. “It was a particular staffer who made a mistake, who used publicly available emails that she found via Google searches, and she understands why that was problematic and that the mistake was made and it’s not going to happen again.”

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's campaign emails teachers for volunteers (newsnationnow.com)
    Similar campaign emails were also sent to City Colleges of Chicago in August .

Chitown's teachers union called the ploy unethical .

This is unethical and wrong on so many levels — not least of which is our concern that CTU members who decline to volunteer for the mayor’s campaign or encourage their students to do so could face retaliation.
    Lightfoot shakes down CTU members for student campaign support in appalling failure of ethics … again - Chicago Teachers Union (ctulocal1.org)
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2023, 05:54 AM
    Mayor Beetlejuice was defeated at the polls yesterday . Paul Vallas will face Brandon Johnson in a runoff election for mayor of Chicago.

Vallas is an Eric Adams type Dem who promises to be a pro police reform mayor but may like Adams disappoint. Johnson is the radical defund the police candidate on the ballot .

Mayor Beetlejuice became possibly best known for her dancing by herself
    On the floors of Tokyo
    Or down in London town to go, go
    With a record selection and a mirror's reflection
    I'm dancing with myself

When there's no one else in sight
    In the crowded lonely night
    Well, I wait so long for my love vibration
    And I'm dancing with myself

Dancing with myself (ah, oh, oh-oh)
    Dancing with myself (ah, oh, oh-oh)
    When there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove (ah, oh, oh-oh)
    Well, I'm dancing with myself, ah, oh, oh-oh
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2023, 06:12 AM
    I get it . It is not that Mayor Beetlejuice sucked at the job . Big city Dem mayors fail because big cities are ungovernable.

Big Cities Are Ungovernable (msn.com)
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2023, 12:43 AM
    Chicago went from worse to worser yesterday electing another hate the police mayor .

Vallas had been the frontrunner against "organizer " Brandon Johnson. Polls showed the biggest concern in Chi-town was crime and public safety .

Chicago mayoral election 2023: Poll shows crime as voters’ No. 1 issue - Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)

So of course they selected the soft on crime candidate.

The progressives rallied their teacher's union drones and that allegedly tipped the scales for Johnson . CTU is clearly the machine in town
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2023, 10:04 AM
    From today's Chicago Tribune: Chicago’s true reputation

Every day the papers are filled with stories of killings, robberies and property destruction, giving Chicago the reputation of being an uncaring, violent city. This is unfair.

During spring break, I lost my hearing aid while attending a presentation with our grandson at the Adler Planetarium. The staff was incredibly helpful in assisting me to search for it in the dark theatre, but so were the many patrons who used their iPhones to search under the seats for the tiny device. We found it!

Last week our car broke down and we were amazed by the many offers of help. Some men pushed the car out of the lane to a safe area. Other people offered to jump the car (the battery was not the problem), or offered gas (also not the problem). One Spanish speaking gentleman told us through an interpreter that he was a mechanic, and checked under the hood. He diagnosed the problem as a broken fuel pump, and the next day and $1,300 later, his diagnosis was confirmed.

None of these people was seeking recognition, but these are the people who should be making the headlines. If, each day, the Tribune would publish one story telling of strangers helping each other, perhaps Chicago would get the reputation that it deserves. Yes, we are a city that works, but we are also “a city that helps each other.”

— Mary Ann McGinley, Wilmette
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 26, 2023, 10:33 AM
    So it's OK to have a sky-high crime rate as long as some people are willing to push your car?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2023, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So it's OK to have a sky-high crime rate as long as some people are willing to push your car?
    Brandon's just getting started.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2023, 12:00 PM
    Assuming the car was not left curbside over night. There would've been more wrong than just a fuel pump.

Group jumps on vehicle in downtown Chicago - YouTube
    Uber Member

May 26, 2023, 12:28 PM
    I visited Chicago ten or so years ago. Wifey and I had a great time, and I was impressed with how safe the downtown area seemed to be.

That was then, but this is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2HTwimrtqg
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2023, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I visited Chicago ten or so years ago. Wifey and I had a great time, and I was impressed with how safe the downtown area seemed to be.

That was then, but this is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2HTwimrtqg
    Change is coming.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2023, 01:39 PM
    Too early to tell but if he is going to have a positive impact, then his past defund police positions will have to change . Oh he denies it is a 'defund the police' policy . He prefers to call it " People's Programs ".... “Treatment, Not Trauma,”.... the net is the same .

Not that I totally disagree . When he says "We have placed too much pressure and responsibility on law enforcement to behave as social workers, counselors, marriage therapists” he is right on . Let cops do police work and restore order. Then bring in your social workers to do their Dr Phil act. .It has to be one first than the other ;especially when funding decisions have to be prioritized .

His oppoent made prioritizing scarce resources an issie.
    There is no incentive to engage in proactive policing. And the criminals know it, and they’re becoming bolder. There is an utter breakdown of law and order.”

Vallas unveils crime-fighting plan to reverse ‘utter breakdown of law and order’ - Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)

Brandon should appropriate that view . He won't and he will fail like Mayor Beetlejuice .
    Uber Member

May 26, 2023, 06:07 PM
    There is no incentive to engage in proactive policing. And the criminals know it, and they’re becoming bolder. There is an utter breakdown of law and order.”
    That much certainly seems to be true.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2023, 06:41 PM
    update . Former Mayor Beetlejuice has been named to a senior Leadership Fellow position at Harvard

This proves the point William F Buckley made years ago.

"I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University."
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2023, 06:53 PM
    Perhaps she will open her classes by saying, "Having been an utter failure at the business of leading Chicago, I am now here to teach all of you how to succeed in politics."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I use the string "input" in the method "ifs"? [ 2 Answers ]

so I was trying to tidy up the main method, and tried to move the if statements to another method but it says can't find symbol symbol: variable input location class engine. I'm new to coding so please respond with lots of easily understandable details. Thx import java.util.Scanner; public...

Best method for gluing a "slip coupling" or "repair coupling" [ 20 Answers ]

We need to use an ABS "slip coupling" (repair coupling) on a 3" diameter ABS pipe. What is the best method of gluing this coupling since, for those of you who are familiar with this procedure, the cement can only be applied to the outside of the 3" pipe and not the inside of the slip coupling. We...

Girlfriend "kind of wants a break"... unique situation? [ 6 Answers ]

All right, so this is my first time using these forums to get some help. I have spent the last couple days reading topics on the dreaded "break" and just thought I would share my own situation in hopes of getting some good, positive feedback. So my girlfriend and I have been dating for just...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search