Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 05:28 AM
    Should Cathoilic hospitals be forced to perform mutiliation ?
    A Federal Judge ruled the St Joseph Medical Center in Maryland must perform a hysterectomy on a female who 'identifies ' as a man. The U of Maryland purchased the hospital under the understanding that the hospital would continue to “operate in a manner consistent with Catholic values and principles.”

U.S. District Court Judge Deborah K. Chasanow ruled the hospital violated the Affordable Care Act’s Section 1557.HHS’s interpretation of Section 1557 deemed that “sex” includes “gender identity.”

The ruling acknowledged that St. Joseph's policy is guided by the National Catholic Bioethics Center's interpretation of Ethical and Religious Directives, which prohibits such procedures.
    This comes after an Appeals Court ruled that the administration cannot force healthcare institutions with religious affiliations to pay for or provide irreversible transgender care, including surgeries.

Appeals court upholds block of Biden’s trans surgery mandate | Politics News (christianpost.com)

The administration did not appeal the 5th Court's decision .

Luke Goodrich on Twitter: "Great news! The Biden Admin’s transgender mandate--requiring doctors and hospitals to perform gender transitions against conscience and best medical judgment--has been struck down. AND the Admin has declined to appeal to #SCOTUS--meaning this win is FINAL https://t.co/43RjyvTvyv" / Twitter
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    A Federal Judge ruled the St Joseph Medical Center in Maryland must perform a hysterectomy on a female who 'identifies ' as a man.
    I believe her ruling is incorrect. When the ACA was passed it had no idea of the later development of "gender" questions. "Mutilation" is a bad term for a hysterectomy.

It also violates a previous understanding re Catholic hospitals.

The ruling acknowledged that St. Joseph's policy is guided by the National Catholic Bioethics Center's interpretation of Ethical and Religious Directives, which prohibits such procedures.
    Apparently acknowledged but declined to adhere to. First Amendment fodder.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 01:52 PM
    mutilation ;to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 02:32 PM
    mutilation ;to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts
    Hysterectomies are never considered mutilations. Don't play semantics.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2023, 02:39 PM
    You're saying I couldn't get a hysterectomy at a Catholic (or any) hospital?
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 03:02 PM
    If you needed one of course you could. The removal of genitals or other body parts for the purpose of transforming is mutilation .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2023, 03:24 PM
    Even when the science says that human has been incorrectly gendered?
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 03:48 PM
    Pseudoscience says a lot of things . It is not possible to be born in the wrong body . Peer pressure has more to do with it than science . Part of the problem is stereotypes of how male and female should act. That is not science either .

Regardless . That is not the issue . The issue is forcing Catholic hospital to perform procedures against their faith and convictions what Athos called 1st Amendment fodder
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 03:49 PM
    The removal of genitals or other body parts for the purpose of transforming is mutilation .
    Come on, Tomder. I get that you don't go along with the gender thing, but mutilation is a bit harsh, doncha think? It's not that it's being done by a wacko psycho, it's being done by a medical doctor to a person who believes it is necessary to correct the gender assigned.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2023, 04:11 PM
    It is not possible to be born in the wrong body .
    If your mother had been given injections of estrogen and maybe progesterone to prevent yet another miscarriage, you would have been Thomas on the outside and Thomasina in your brain, heart, and soul.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2023, 10:58 AM
    A related story from Canada. How on earth is this person ever allowed into a classroom?

An Ontario high school teacher who wears giant prosthetic breasts, which some have deemed to be "obscene," may be causing a new dress code policy change for more professional attire.
    On Jan. 3, the Board of Trustees passed a motion requesting the director of education develop a professionalism policy "to maintain appropriate and professional standards of dress and decorum in the classroom," according to the Halton District School Board.
    When Fox News Digital reached out for comment about the teacher's giant breasts potentially bringing about a policy change, the education director reaffirmed the importance of human rights for "underserved and underrepresented" groups.
    I wonder when someone will think about reaffirming the importance of protecting students from mentally ill perverts.

Name:  OIF (1).jpg
Views: 30
Size:  30.1 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed costs in hospitals [ 1 Answers ]

What are the fixed costs and the variable costs in a hospital?

Psychiatrist hospitals movie [ 1 Answers ]

What's is some really good psychiatrist hospitals movie cause I've been looking up psychiatrist hospitals so can you please give me some good names of movies thanks xx

Who Began the first hospitals? [ 7 Answers ]

Who began the first hospital(s)? The church and/followers of Jesus Christ?

Mental hospitals. [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any certain sources on the internet, with information about hospitals for depression recovery or mental health? What do you have to do, or what state do you have to be in to be admitted to a mental hospital?

How efficient is it to convert gas forced air to electric forced air? [ 1 Answers ]

I am afraid of a gas furnace, for fear of an explosion. I have had this fear since I was a little boy. Hence, I simply must have an electric heating system. However, the area in the MidWest where I have been considering has almost no electric homes, mostly because of the high electric rates...

View more questions Search