Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 05:37 AM
    My faith is ultimately irrelevent to the discussion . My premise of this posting was that a human life is again being treated as property under the law. The SC law was 6 weeks .....well past your fertilized egg ,zygote , a clump of cells or a month-old fetus phase.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Once an egg is implanted it is viable
    Please explain exactly how an implanted egg is "viable". The meaning of "viable" has always been "viable outside the womb". If you want to change the meaning, you will need more than just your word to do so.

My faith is ultimately irrelevent to the discussion
    Your faith is totally relevant to the discussion of abortion. You claimed it is your reason for your belief along with your belief in science you agree with.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 06:04 AM
    What I believe is what I believe . Ultimately it is an opinion . That is where I end discussion about my faith .

The SC law was 6 weeks . In that time the baby has a heartbeat .It is human life .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2023, 06:08 AM
    Some thoughts to ponder:
    Is a fertilized egg a baby?
    Is a zygote a baby?
    Is a clump of cells a baby?
    Is a month-old fetus a baby?
    That's a meaningless point. Is a teenager a baby? Is an adolescent a baby? Is a toddler a baby? Being a "baby" is not the point. Being a human is the point, and all stages of development listed above are human.

No sane person would argue these examples are babies
    No well-informed person would even make such a silly argument.

More thoughts:
    Is terminating (killing) a fertilized egg murder?
    Is terminating (killing) a zygote murder?
    Is terminating (killing)a clump of cells murder?
    Is terminating (killing) a month-old fetus murder?
    Is the intentional killing of a developing human being murder?

Now Athos will not answer this. He avoids answering questions like most people avoid Covid.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2023, 06:15 AM
    In the end the science is still opinion based on hypothesis because the question is unanswerable by science .
    That's an interesting point. Science has no ability to resolve moral issues. Science can show that the developing fetus is not part of the mother's body. It can give us a lot of information on how babies develop in the womb. It can show that the baby has a totally unique genetic makeup. It can show that the baby is clearly human and clearly alive. But science cannot make a decision on the moral rightness or wrongness of abortion or, for that matter, murder in general. That is strictly a faith issue.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 06:20 AM
    What I believe is what I believe . Ultimately it is an opinion . That is where I end discussion about my faith .

The SC law was 6 weeks . In that time the baby has a heartbeat .It is human life .
    Your statement about human life is an opinion. Since there is absolutely no scientific consensus supporting that opinion, I must rely on your faith position for the source of that opinion.

Since you refuse to discuss your faith, discussion about abortion becomes impossible.

No offense, but you are dodging the issue. Unfortunately, this is the position of too many anti-abortionists. They revert to faith and declare their faith is private so they will not discuss it.

The truth is they have been brainwashed from the youngest age to gullibly believe whatever their inherited faith teaches. Obviously, some of that inherited faith is good, but some is untrue and no longer viable in the modern age.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2023, 06:35 AM
    dodging
    Thy name is Athos.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2023, 09:34 AM
    A developing fetus is attached to and is part of a woman's body and depends on her food intake for life and growth.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 09:38 AM
    it is attached to her body. It is not a part of her body . A born child is dependent on an adult for life and growth for many years after birth . Is is ok the wack them too?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2023, 09:59 AM
    it is attached to her body. It is not a part of her body . A born child is dependent on an adult for life and growth for many years after birth . Is is ok the wack them too?
    Be pregnant. Tell me about that fetus screwing up your life in so many ways...making you throw up, have abdominal pains, sucking the nutrients out of your system, your internal organs shift, hormonal changes, your hair thins and falls out, and so much more. That fetus is very much part of a woman's body! If it isn't, why do some women want to get rid of it?

Apparently it is okay to "whack" them too when no one wants them after they're born. There are over 100,000 children available in the US for adoption who are currently in need of an adoptive family.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2023, 10:21 AM
    it is attached to her body. It is not a part of her body
    Exactly correct. The mother's own immune system would reject both the baby and the placenta if not for some serious adjusting that her body does during the pregnancy. The science is very clear that the baby is not a part of her body.

WG appealing to her experiences when pregnant add nothing at all to discussion. It's like me trying to say that I know everything about the skeletal system because I once had a broken bone. It's useless.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 10:28 AM
    Is is ok the wack them too?
    What does your faith say?
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2023, 10:41 AM
    Ask any woman who has been pregnant
    There are many such women who understand very well that the unborn child is not a part of her body.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2023, 11:17 AM
    Apparently it is okay to "whack" them too when no one wants them after they're born. There are over 100,000 children available in the US for adoption who are currently in need of an adoptive family.
    When did adoption become synonymous with being murdered (whacked)? What a strange thought.

About 140,000 children are adopted annually in the US. Most children, especially infants, don't have to wait long for adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on South Carolina probation and was arrested in North Carolina for shoplifting.. [ 6 Answers ]

I am on probation in sc and was arrested in nc.. will my po find out? Will I go to prison.. I have completed my drug classes and all my fines are paid on time..

South Carolina [ 5 Answers ]

Do they have saragent mothers in South Carolina ?I Want to become a saragent mother how do I sighn up?:)

South Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what city is half way from Dallas Texas to Greenville South Carolna

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

South carolina [ 2 Answers ]

I was served a judgement today for a old credit card debt I live in South Carolina it was with providian bank and cach llc has it now. They would call me I hadn't worked in 4 years and was disable trying to get my disability they would not take payments they wanted the whole amount and I counldn't...

View more questions Search