Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2023, 12:31 PM
    For 2024 - Trump's Trade "Policies"
    Shortly after the inauguration, Trump started a trade war that actually increased the trade deficit.

By the end of 2018, almost 2,000 American manufacturing plants had been lost and about 300,000 jobs as businesses closed or moved overseas. American farmers went bankrupt as Russia supplanted the US as the chief importer of soy into China.

The tariffs increased the cost of vital manufacturing components which led to heightened inflation. A carryover effect of that has been that the domestic manufacturers that didn’t close reduced their inventory of such components in hopes that the tariffs would end and their costs would decrease, and this is a contributing factor to the product shortages we have now.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2023, 12:36 PM
    How has reduced manufacturing/inventory due to Covid figured into product shortages?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2023, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How has reduced manufacturing/inventory due to Covid figured into product shortages?
    The Obama administration left a robust pandemic response team in place, but Trump was completely disinterested in understanding the threat posed by a potential viral outbreak, and instead immediately started dismantling the team.

The rest is history including Covid and product shortages.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2023, 01:04 PM
    The rest is history including Covid and product shortages.
    When did "history" and "fantasy" become synonyms?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2023, 02:47 PM
    Shortly after the inauguration, Trump started a trade war that actually increased the trade deficit.

By the end of 2018, almost 2,000 American manufacturing plants had been lost and about 300,000 jobs as businesses closed or moved overseas. American farmers went bankrupt as Russia supplanted the US as the chief importer of soy into China.

That is all a correct observation,

I commented on the tariffs in 2018

herr Donald Herbert Hoover Smoot Hawley Trump (askmehelpdesk.com)

how has reduced manufacturing/inventory due to Covid figured into product shortages?
    much more than any 2018 tariff.

Covid policy was a self inflicted wound. Lock down businesses ;lock down people ;infuse monopoly money to subsidize their bad policies .

When lockdowns ended there was pent up demand . Excess Savings rates ; people wanted to go out and spend . But there was no product to be had . It is a basic definition of inflation...... too much money chasing too few goods . On top of that ;China remained locked down until recently ;and even if there were goods to be had ;covid policies created a transportation grid lock .... especially at the ports of entry .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search