Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat10436 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 01:45 AM
    I'm so jealous!
    Hi, I'm in a great relationship and love my boyfriend but I get so jealous of him! Not to do with girls but just things in general like money, holidays, family stuff etc and its driving me crazy. I'm trying really hard not to be but something always happens that makes me jealous and then I'm angry at myself for being it because I know I shouldn't.

Why do I get so jealous of him? And please help someone how can I stop it before I hate him and myself. Thanks xxxx
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2007, 02:51 AM
    First of all Jealousy is your problem not his.

Did you grow up not having a lot of things? Are these things that he has, you wished you have always had?

You need to remember that every person grows up with different circumstances.

It is important for you not to seek or look for things that you want, but just be thankful in the things you do have.

Being envious of what other people have will only cause problems but only you can figure out what is causing it to happen and why you feel the way you do. Also if you keep a lot of this inside instead of sharing your feelings and thoughts with someone or a journel, I believe it will only get worse.

Joe
    Lez Posts: 73, Reputation: 7

Apr 22, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Yes I agree with jesushelper76.
    Start looking at what you want from life and what ambitions you want to take. Always looking at what everyone else has got will only depress you start looking at the people that don't have anything and then compear it to what you do have. ( like people having to walk miles for dirty water)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2007, 06:35 AM
    I would dare you do not have this great relationship right now - because your jealousy is over hanging whatever progress you and your boyfriend make in the relationship.

I would also ask you if you are jealous or envious? Big difference. Either way, you can overcome that. It does take a dedicated effort but you need to learn how to control your emotions now. Even if you do not stay with this boyfriend, because this is most likely to come up again in another relationship. Jealousy comes from a deep insecurity - so finding out now how to address your own problems will prevent future problems.

You can truly have a wonderful, healthy relationship with this guy. He will appreciate how you manage your emotions, instead of possibly turning away from you. AS no one is going to put up with a jealous partner for long. It is too time and energy consuming.

Jealousy ~ How To Overcome Jealousy and Stop being Jealous
    Jealousy
    Overcoming Jealousy
    BBC - Relationships - Couples - Understanding jealousy
    KimFalidan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 07:06 AM
    This Jealousy problem you got, is a well seen example.
    I'm 95 % sure, that your jealousy problem is because of low-self esteem.
    I recommend you to read the free e-book The Jealousy Book.
    It contains a chapter about low self-esteem, in connection with jealousy.
    Visit the site right here: www.Thejealousybook.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still jealous [ 18 Answers ]

I wrote a post on here a few weeks again about my problem with Jealousy. I thought it was getting better after I read everyone's replys but its not. Last night we were watching the telly when a naked woman came on I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter just because he was watching the...

Am I jealous [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in a relationship for a year. Over the course of time me and my girlfriend have drifted. We hang out very less. She prefers hanging out with others more than me. We rarely get some time alone. I ask her out for dinner or something many times but she always makes some excuse. And...

Am I being too jealous? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 26 and am currently dating this girl who is 20, she lives at home w/ parents and goes to college, we have been dating for 2 months. The problem is she grew up kind of tomboyish and the majority of her friends are single males (19-28 yrs old). Recently she took one of them out to dinner while I...

Am I just jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been married for 5 years. I was talking to my husband about his day. My husband made a comment on how his coworkers are always flirting with their female coworkers. So I asked him does he do the same. He said yes, but it is just innocent. So I asked him what do you consider an innocent...

View more questions Search