Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2022, 01:42 PM
    Your claim is that Schiff demanded Musk to censor in his letter. He did not.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    As the Cato Institute article states

Government officials can use informal pressure—bullying, threatening, and cajoling—to sway the decisions of private platforms and limit the publication of disfavored speech,The use of this informal pressure, known as jawboning, is growing.
    Left unchecked, it threatens to become normalized as an extraconstitutional method of speech regulation.

Jawboning against Speech | Policy Commons
    The Cato Institute also said this:

Ultimately, congressional rulemaking and the people’s selection of liberal, temperate officials remain the only reliable checks on this novel threat to free speech.

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2022, 01:59 PM
    Cato's use of the word is in the classical liberalism sense and NOT the intolerant left's usurping of the word .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2022, 02:04 PM
    Cato's use of the word is in the classical liberalism sense and NOT the intolerant left's usurping of the word .
    Exactly correct. "Classical liberalism is a political tradition and a branch of liberalism that advocates free market and laissez-faire economics; civil liberties under the rule of law with especial emphasis on individual autonomy, limited government, economic freedom, political freedom and freedom of speech." In other words, modern day conservatism.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2022, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You're probably right, but I'm learning from you to play fast and loose with the truth.
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2022, 02:27 PM
    but I'm learning from you to play fast and loose with the truth.
    I had to laugh out loud at that one. I'll be gracious and not mention the incident that immediately came to mind.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2022, 05:59 AM
    latest instalment of the files reveals that Twitter was essentially an FBI PAID informant and collaborator . The FBI paid the company $3.4 million taxpayer monopoly bucks to do their bidding . It also reveals that besides James Baker ,other former FBI staff rotated into the ranks of the Twitter organization,

"In 2019 SCALE instituted a reimbursement program for our legal process response from the FBI," "Prior to the start of the program, Twitter chose not to collect under this statutory right of reimbursement for the time spent processing requests from the FBI."

SCALE is Twitter's 'Safety, Content, & Law Enforcement' team.
    Michael Shellenberger on Twitter: "46. The FBI’s influence campaign may have been helped by the fact that it was paying Twitter millions of dollars for its staff time. “I am happy to report we have collected $3,415,323 since October 2019!” reports an associate of Jim Baker in early 2021. https://t.co/SmNse97QxK" / Twitter

Twitter’s Trust and Safety team was lead by Yoel Roth who led the company censor campaign.

Among some of the key Twitter employers who were former FBI was Kevin Michelena who did more than 12 years as an FBI intelligence analyst before coming to Twitter to work as a “Senior Corporate Security Analyst” in July 2021. Michael Bertrand spent 23 years with the FBI working in counterterrorism, internal investigations and as chief of staff to the agency’s top leaders before he joined Twitter. Karen Walsh spent more than 20 years at the FBI as a special agent focused on “Public-Private Sector Outreach.”She was hired by Twitter as director of corporate resilience .Doug Hunt was hired as a senior director at Twitter after spending 20 years at FBI . Vincent Lucero was hired as “Senior Security Manager.”after a 2 decade stint at the agency. Mark Jeroszewski went from a supervisory agent to Twitter's director of corporate security .

Michael Shellenberger on Twitter: "29. As of 2020, there were so many former FBI employees — "Bu alumni" — working at Twitter that they had created their own private Slack channel and a crib sheet to onboard new FBI arrivals. https://t.co/prVhPGohOC" / Twitter

Was Twitter a one off or did the agency also influence other media ?

The NY Posts reports that this was a coordinated effort by the FBI and other major media . They all met in September 2020 at the Aspen Institute(essentially a left wing sponsored think tank ;although they claim to be centrist ) to war game the release of Hunter Biden related news .

What is mysterious Aspen Institute and why did it hold Hunter Biden 'exercise'? (nypost.com)

In a series of tweets Monday, independent journalist Michael Shellenberger posted confidential documents from the Aspen Institute’s September 2020 event, which he said was attended by Twitter’s then-head of trust and safety, Facebook’s head of security policy and top national security reporters from The New York Times and The Washington Post.The exercise by the “Aspen Digital Hack-and-Dump Working Group” involved an 11-day scenario in October 2020 that began with the imaginary release of falsified records related to Hunter Biden’s controversial employment by the Ukrainian energy company Burisma, which paid him as much as $1 million a year to serve on its board when his father was vice president.
    “The goal was to shape how the media covered it — and how social media carried it,” Shellenberger wrote.
    But the drill was put into practical use weeks later, when The Post broke the news about Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop — which was either ignored or downplayed by most mainstream news outlets and suppressed by both Twitter and Facebook

The exercise was organized by Vivian Schiller, a former top executive at National Public Radio, Twitter, The New York Times and NBC News, Shellenberger reported.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2022, 04:05 AM
    Elon To Stay As Twitter CEO After Counting Mail-In Votes | Babylon Bee
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2022, 06:07 AM
    Musk is going to step down as Twitter CEO after he finds a "suitable replacement". He will still own Twitter so all those bot votes against him means nothing .
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2022, 06:26 AM
    The Babylon Bee article was hilarious.

Musk's latest move just illustrates what's wrong with the conservative movement in America. Just as he is in position to do some real good, he comes up with a ridiculous move to have a vote on him retaining his position, and to what end?
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2022, 04:40 PM
    The tentacles of the abuse of power reached much farther than initially thought.

Substack writer Matt Taibbi released the latest installment of the "Twitter Files" on Christmas Eve, detailing that coordination between the tech giant and government agencies went way beyond the FBI. In a massive series of tweets, Taibbi insisted that the FBI was simply the "doorman to a vast program of social media surveillance and censorship, encompassing agencies across the federal government – from the State Department to the Pentagon to the CIA."
    The journalist explained that Twitter had so many interactions with OGAs (or "other government agencies" as they are called in the tweets), the company couldn’t keep them all straight: He explained, "Twitter had so much contact with so many agencies that executives lost track. Is today the DOD, and tomorrow the FBI? Is it the weekly call, or the monthly meeting? It was dizzying."
    This should concern every freedom respecting American. Sadly, it will not.
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2022, 05:28 PM
    we live in a post constitutional country . The very things the Framers sought to construct safeguards against have eroded . As predicted the people prefer autocracy and plutocracy .
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2022, 08:42 PM
    It seems to be the case. A government that takes care of us is preferred over a government that preserves freedom.
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2022, 05:41 AM
    When Saul of Tarsus set out on his journey to Damascus the whole of the known world lay in bondage. There was one state, and it was Rome. There was one master for it all, and he was Tiberius Caesar.
    Everywhere there was civil order, for the arm of the Roman law was long. Everywhere there was stability, in government and in society, for the centurions saw that it was so.
    But everywhere there was something else, too. There was oppression—for those who were not the friends of Tiberius Caesar. There was the tax gatherer to take the grain from the fields and the flax from the spindle to feed the legions or to fill the hungry treasury from which divine Caesar gave largess to the people. There was the impressor to find recruits for the circuses. There were executioners to quiet those whom the Emperor proscribed. What was a man for but to serve Caesar?
    There was the persecution of men who dared think differently, who heard strange voices or read strange manuscripts. There was enslavement of men whose tribes came not from Rome, disdain for those who did not have the familiar visage. And most of all, there was everywhere a contempt for human life. What, to the strong, was one man more or less in a crowded world?

Then, of a sudden, there was a light in the world, and a man from Galilee saying, Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s and unto God the things that are God’s.
    And the voice from Galilee, which would defy Caesar, offered a new Kingdom in which each man could walk upright and bow to none but his God. Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. And he sent this gospel of the Kingdom of Man into the uttermost ends of the earth.
    So the light came into the world and the men who lived in darkness were afraid, and they tried to lower a curtain so that man would still believe salvation lay with the leaders.
    But it came to pass for a while in divers places that the truth did set man free, although the men of darkness were offended and they tried to put out the light. The voice said, Haste ye. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness come upon you, for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
    Along the road to Damascus the light shone brightly. But afterward Paul of Tarsus, too, was sore afraid. He feared that other Caesars, other prophets, might one day persuade men that man was nothing save a servant unto them, that men might yield up their birthright from God for pottage and walk no more in freedom.
    Then might it come to pass that darkness would settle again over the lands and there would be a burning of books and men would think only of what they should eat and what they should wear, and would give heed only to new Caesars and to false prophets. Then might it come to pass that men would not look upward to see even a winter’s star in the East, and once more, there would be no light at all in the darkness.
    And so Paul, the apostle of the Son of Man, spoke to his brethren, the Galatians, the words he would have us remember afterward in each of the years of his Lord:
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

'In Hoc Anno Donini' written 1949 by Vermont Royster editor of WSJ from 1958-1971

In hoc anno domini | Commentary | bgdailynews.com
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2022, 06:25 AM
    Well said. As Christians, our first allegiance is to Christ and not to government. Our first dependence is on God and not the state. Our primary moral responsibility is to His Word and not the renderings of man. Those who disagree often are not content to simply tell us to go our way while they go theirs. They want conformity, and that's where the confrontations occur.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2022, 04:29 AM
    Those who disagree often are not content to simply tell us to go our way while they go theirs. They want conformity, and that's where the confrontations occur.
    excellent reply .

Matt Taibbi ; Lee Fang, and Michael Shellenberger have been the trio pouring over the Twitter files and releasing them . Taibbi wrote this in a year end message to his readers . He says further revelations will show that it is not just Twitter and the FBI . There is an unholy alliance between most of the major big tech companies and the whole alphabet soup leviathan .
    Facebook is riddled with ex-CIA agents while many ex-FBI agents work at Twitter | Daily Mail Online

He says some of it is coercion. But the major players were content with the arrangement .
    He writes
    Sometime in the last decade, many people — I was one — began to feel robbed of their sense of normalcy by something we couldn’t define. Increasingly glued to our phones, we saw that the version of the world that was spat out at us from them seemed distorted. The public’s reactions to various news events seemed off-kilter, being either way too intense, not intense enough, or simply unbelievable. You’d read that seemingly everyone in the world was in agreement that a certain thing was true, except it seemed ridiculous to you, which put you in an awkward place with friends, family, others. Should you say something? Are you the crazy one?I can’t have been the only person to have struggled psychologically during this time. This is why these Twitter files have been such a balm. This is the reality they stole from us! It’s repulsive, horrifying, and dystopian, a gruesome history of a world run by anti-people, but I’ll take it any day over the vile and insulting facsimile of truth they’ve been selling. Notes on a Friday Night - TK News by Matt Taibbi (substack.com)
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2022, 06:02 AM
    It will all be largely swept under the rug by the left-wing media. Fox and a few others will give it the attention it deserves, but as can be seen by the awkward silence of the three or four liberals on this site, we are now at a place where any and all government offenses are acceptable so long as it works against Trump.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2022, 05:14 AM
    Twitter files new topic is their suppression of any information about covid that went counter to the approved narrative . Musk revealed yesterday that internally Twitter employeess had a slack channel called 'Fauci Fan Club' .

Musk also commented that Almost no one seems to realize that the head of bioethics at NIH – the person who is supposed to make sure that Fauci behaves ethically – is his wife

That would be Christine Grady

No conflict of interests there .
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2022, 06:23 AM
    Musk also commented that Almost no one seems to realize that the head of bioethics at NIH – the person who is supposed to make sure that Fauci behaves ethically – is his wife
    Even for the current administration, that is pretty wild.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2022, 06:54 AM
    What is sadly remarkable in this case is that it's clear the FBI, along with other agencies, actively and clandestinely worked behind the scenes to secure Trump's defeat in 2020, and yet nothing will be done about it. There is no national furor, and no one will be held accountable.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2022, 07:06 AM
    Judicial Watch has filed a FOIA lawsuit to obtain information about Grady's work and her potential involvement in censorship of pandemic information

NIH has been hiding Ms. Grady’s emails for almost a year in violation of FOIA law. This is the very definition of a cover-up. The unlawful cover-ups of Fauci family government records strongly suggest that there is something to hide.
    Another Fauci Cover-Up! | Judicial Watch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Twitter is sending messages to my phone, but I don't have a Twitter? [ 1 Answers ]

So, my Android has an obviously recycled phone number. But this is getting tiresome. I keep getting 40404 Test messages from a Twitter account. It's not spam. I've checked up these accounts, and they do exist. How can I make twitter stop sending me these messages? The messages are often, "Hey...

I have some Deleted files which still appear in desktop background and html files [ 7 Answers ]

I have windows XP SP3 I have some Deleted files which (although no longer existing within "my documents") still appear in desktop background and html files. These are files which were originally downloaded direct from internet onto usb "D" drive and hard disk "C and given file names". These...

After erase the files in cd=rw I copy some small files but cd is full for that files [ 1 Answers ]

after erase the files in cd=rw I copy some small files but cd is full for that files what is the problem here how can I solve that please help me

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search