Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2022, 05:40 AM
    The deep state Leviathan uniparty meets at the White House .

President Biden met with top congressional leaders to discuss his legislative priorities for the rest of the year, with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer saying the group "made some good progress" as lawmakers return to Washington for their lame-duck session ahead of the new Congress.
    Schumer, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Vice President Kamala Harris attended Tuesday's meeting in the Roosevelt Room for the group's first such gathering since the midterm elections. With Republicans poised to take control of the House in January, there is much Democrats hope — and need — to accomplish with control of both chambers in the coming weeks.
    Biden meets with congressional leaders to discuss year-end agenda at White House (cbsnews.com)

That there is a happy group . You can tell by their grins that they are pleased they beat back the Mega Magas .

Even if Walker manages to win in Ga . They are going to retain control of Congress . Schmucky can count on a sufficient # of RINOS and the cooperation of Yertle to pass any agenda he wants. Kevin McCarthy is not even assured that he will be Speaker of the House . It could very well come down to the Dems dictating which Repub gets the posting . If McCarthy is selected as Speaker he will have his hands full crafting a legislative agenda that does not depend of House Dems to get passed.

Madam Mimi has already put her stamp on the new Congress. Even as she steps down she selected her replacement minority leader . (they also checked off a box in selecting the first Black Congressional leader ) Hakeen Jeffries being a NY Rep will also be tied to the hip of the Schmuckster .
    Anonymous and unsecured mail-in ballots won the day .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2022, 11:31 AM
    It's what wrong with the repubs. It seems they are just less extreme democrats.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2022, 02:18 PM
    I have no confidence in them . Establishment Repubs have knee capped reform for a decade starting with the 2009 - 2012 Tea Party movement . In all that time the common denominator has been Yertle's control of the Repub caucus .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2022, 06:37 AM
    Kind of leaves us with a pretty narrow range of choices. That's one thing I will say for Trump. He was not subservient, as far as I could tell, to anyone's agenda.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2022, 06:46 AM
    Yertle has sided with the swamp critters to give a massive payback to big tech
    They are including the 'Journalism Competition and Preservation Act '(JCPA) in the annual 'National Defense Authorization Act '. (NDAA )

The defense authorization has to pass before the end of the session. JCPA would've never passed on it's own . JCPA has not even been subject to debate or scrutiny . It has languished in committee and was not brought to the floor It claims to protect local content but in fact undemines it .The JCPA has nothing to do with national security, but everything to do with increasing the power of the mainstream compliant press and media ; and Big Tech cartels .

Congress Should Keep JCPA Out of the NDAA - Americans for Tax Reform (atr.org)
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2022, 11:30 AM
    Before the new session ends ,Yertle is going to knee cap the incoming Republican Congress by colluding with the Schmuckster to pass an omnibus spening bill that will fund the government through September 2023 . This bill will raise the baseline spending by $ hundreds of billions in additional monopoly bucks . It will tie the hands of the new House to set spending priorities until fiscal 2024.

Since 1954, control of the House has changed five times, and no Congress passed an omnibus spending bill before a new House majority takes power.
    And of course no one has seen the details of this massive bill . All you can be sure of is that it will increase spending and that there is a lot of pork lining it .

If he held firm then there could be a stop gap bill to fund the country for a couple of months while the new Republican House sets budget priorities . There is a lie that says if the bill is passed that there will be a government shut down,Not that I would oppose that ;but it is just not so . A stop gap bill was passed last week to avoid a shut down. Another one could pass until the new /congress is seated .

Yertle could prove me wrong in the next 15 days . But I don't think so
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2022, 02:21 PM
    I was wrong about the price . It logs in @ $1,7 trillion . $45 billion to Ukraine. The bill is more than 4000 pages long ..... plenty of room to hide the pork.

The best part of the bill is that it bans Tiktok from Federal devices .

Rand Paul got a last minute copy to read

Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2022, 03:34 PM
    "How is it to functional process to drop a 4,100 page bill this morning and expect a vote on it tomorrow?"Schumer: "The bill has been carefully worked on [and] most of the provisions were well known weeks and weeks in advance."

Pelosi: "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2022, 06:04 AM
    Here is a full list of Republican senators who voted in favor of the bill:

• Roy Blunt (Missouri)
    • John Boozman (Arkansas)
    • Shelley Capito (West Virginia)
    • Susan Collins (Maine)
    • John Cornyn (Texas)
    • Tom Cotton (Arkansas)
    • Lindsey Graham (South Carolina) aka Goober Graham
    • Jim Inhofe (Oklahoma)
    • Mitch McConnell (Kentucky) aka Yertle
    • Jerry Moran (Kansas)
    • Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
    • Rob Portman (Ohio)
    • Mitt Romney (Utah) aka Mittens aka Pierre Delecto
    • Mike Rounds (South Dakota)
    • Richard Shelby (Alabama)
    • John Thune (South Dakota)
    • Roger Wicker (Mississippi)
    • Todd Young (Indiana)
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2022, 06:12 AM
    Here are the House Repubs who voted for it

• Liz Cheney (WY)
    • Rodney Davis (IL)
    • Adam Kinzinger (IL)
    • Brian Fitzpatrick (PA)
    • Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA)
    • Chris Jacobs (NY)
    • John Katko (NY)
    • Fred Upton (MI)
    • Steve Womack (AR)

Kudos to AOC for being the lone Dem to vote against it . She did it for the wrong reasons ;but a no vote of this disastrous bill is still a no vote.
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2022, 06:32 AM
    'What are you going to do? We don't want to be here until Christmas.' Why don't you tell that to George Washington and the boys crossing the Delaware in 1776? Or the boys in Bastogne in 1944? What were they doing on Christmas? Were they trying to fly out of the nation's capitol in their jets back to their homes, run their warm fireplaces, so they can be with their families after they absolutely just royally screwed the country and their kids and grandkids? Because that's what they just did. That's what this body, this House chamber, the people's house is going to do."

Rep. Roy's remarks on how Congress 'royally screwed the country' with $1.7T, 4,100-page omnibus | Representative Chip Roy (house.gov)
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2022, 06:45 AM
    It was even worse than Roy says. 230 members of the House voted by proxy (another irresponsible "temporary" rule put in place for covid)

I guess it really doesn't matter if they don't show up to do even the very basics of what the are elected to do. None of them read the bill. They have staffers for that. The same staffers also write into the bill what lobbyists and donors tell them to write ;and the Representative vote the way their donors tell them to vote.
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2022, 06:51 AM
    for those who don't get the WSJ subscription This Kimberly Stassel op-ed is a gem and right on.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said this week he was “pretty proud” of the $1.8 trillion-plus omnibus the Senate passed Thursday, since the GOP was able to “achieve . . . essentially all of our priorities.” That, America, is why Republicans are in the Senate minority. And why they arguably deserve to stay there.
    Never has Washington contemplated such a monstrosity. If a satirist set out to describe a once-admirable institution in decline, its members cheerfully passing off their laziness, secrecy, cowardliness and graft as “success,” it’d be hard to compete with this week’s Senate show. The omnibus is everything that is broken in D.C., dumped in one steaming pile.
    Congress has this omnibus only because Democrats wasted the year chasing Joe Biden’s Build Back Better agenda, while Republicans helped waste more with semiconductor payouts and other unnecessary legislation. The Senate couldn’t rouse itself to pass a single one of its 12 annual spending bills. Pretty much the only deadline Congress hit this year was the cutoff for submitting thousands of earmark requests for home-state pork. Priorities, priorities.
    A handful of powerful leaders took advantage of this dilatory behavior by using it as an excuse to disappear at the last minute into a smoke-filled room and conjure up a “top line” number for funding—with no votes, no debate. Other leaders then disappeared to write the bill in secret—4,155 pages of it. It was unveiled in the dead of Monday night, with initial plans for Wednesday passage, the better to ensure nobody would know what’s in it.

Or what’s attached to it. Past omnibuses at least confined themselves to funding everything under the sun (especially monuments to super-appropriators like Alabama Republican Sen. Richard Shelby). This omnibus has also become a vehicle for legislation Congress wanted to pass this year but didn’t. These aren’t small changes: An overhaul of retirement savings rules. Cosmetics regulation. Electoral Count Act reform. Major changes to healthcare. For all we know, there’s a provision creating 12 new cabinet positions. We’ll find out next year, when someone has time to read it.
    Want to know if your senator approves of authorizing the Food and Drug Administration to micromanage your mascara? Or killing off drift-net fishing operations? Or letting athletes at service academies get a waiver to play professional sports? Good luck. Members of both parties will say they voted for this turkey solely to avoid a government shutdown, and they’ll duck questions on the other major changes. Lucky them. Zero accountability. Only this isn’t luck—it’s by design.

Senate Republicans spent this week telling the public there were only two options: Sign off on earmarks, bad policy and Democratic demands for huge increases in domestic spending (on top of $4.5 trillion in the past two years), or lose a 10% increase in defense dollars. We can add dishonesty to the list of transgressions. The GOP could have insisted on zero domestic increases and dared Democrats to own a shutdown and the loss of military readiness. But who wants a spending fight when we can simply spend?
    That’s a central problem for Republicans—even if they don’t want to admit it. They haven’t shown a whiff of interest in fiscal restraint since the early days of Paul Ryan’s tenure as House speaker. Their majorities broke the bank during the Trump administration, enabling Democrats to point to deficits as reason to resist further tax reform. They held hands with the left to partake in five Covid bailouts in 2020 alone. They joined again to pass Mr. Biden’s infrastructure bill and the semiconductor slush fund. Members of the new, supposedly responsible Republican House majority weeks ago voted to keep the earmark gravy flowing.
    Voters in 2010 put Republicans in charge of the House to serve as a brake on the Obama administration. Next year’s House majority is no guarantee of a repeat. Democrats have figured out that the bait for “bipartisanship” is the promise of dollars, and today’s Republican Party bites every time. Eighteen Senate Republicans voted Thursday for the ugliest, least transparent spending bill on record. As Republicans scratch their heads over their disappointing midterm, they might consider that voters don’t see much of a defining difference with Democrats.
    The real scandal of the holdouts to House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy’s bid for speaker is that they are stomping on an important message. A far bigger and more serious group of House conservatives are appalled by the practices that lead to omnibuses, and want changes to require the House to return to “regular order.” Committees. Votes. Amendments. Debates. This would return a focus on fiscal discipline, with members again subject to transparency and accountability.
    But Reps. Andy Biggs and Matt Gaetz are more interested in grandstanding than actual victory. The battle helps Republican House porksters ignore substantive demands by casting the race for speaker as a fight over personalities. It enabled Senate Republicans to justify their mess of an omnibus on the grounds that House Republicans can’t be trusted to do better.
    Right now, neither chamber can. Your government at work.

The Back End of an Omnibus - WSJ
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2022, 04:49 AM
    Yertle says that the 4,000 + page monstrosity contains all the GOP wish list .

“I’m pretty proud of the fact that with a Democratic president, a Democratic House and Democratic Senate, we were able to achieve, through this omnibus spending bill, essentially all of our priorities.”

If true than the GOP is hopelessly lost .

I'm pretty sure that most GOP voters would agree that they want the borders secured . The only money allocated in the bill is to help process the border invaders .and none to keeping illegals out . BUT the bill allocates $ 410 million to help Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Oman's “enhanced border security.”

And of course at the top of GOP voters concerns were bee friendly highways and the Michelle Obama Trail in Georgia . <sarc>

And don't forget that chauffer driven limo ride for the IRS Commish .

Funds appropriated to the Internal Revenue Service in this Act may be used to provide passenger carrier transportation and protection between the commissioner of Internal Revenue’s residence and place of employment.”

Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2023, 07:52 AM
    The deep state uniparty met in Kentucky to tout the passing of the Brandon Democrat agenda .

Biden and McConnell’s visit to Kentucky signals White House roadmap for next 2 years under split Congress - POLITICO
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2023, 01:45 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deep state swamp infiltrates SCOTUS [ 257 Answers ]

SCOTUS apparent draft of the Roe decision leaked by someone in SCOTUS . Could be a staffer or maybe even an associate justice or even Chief Justice Roberts . The courts were once considered (falsely ) as the most trustworthy branch of government . This leak peels that veneer away for good . ...

Deep state takes care of their own . [ 3 Answers ]

Andrew McCabe is a former member of James Comey's FBI team and former acting Director of the FBI after Comey was fired .He was part of the investigation of Evita's emails even though there was a conflict of interests because his wife was running for a Senate seat at the time and had received...

Does the ‘deep state’ exist? If so, what is it? [ 16 Answers ]

The deep state is no myth but a sodden, intertwined mass of bloated, self-replicating bureaucracy that constitutes the real power in Washington and that stubbornly outlasts every administration. As government programs have incrementally multiplied, so has their regulatory apparatus, with its...

Music video 80s or 90s a guy is driven up to a house where he goes in and meets a [ 0 Answers ]

He goes in ans meets a woman who he interacts with by either singing to her, dancing to her or kissing her, I cant remember, then at the end, it turns out he fell asleep out in the car and never actually entered the house and he must've just dreamt about the woman. I believe at the very end, the...

My evaluation was rated as 'meets,' but I believe it is because I am a white male. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible in Illinois to have a case for reverse discrimination? My supervisor, I believe, is jealous of my performance and rapport with co-workers and clients. She had my job previously. I was given a "meets expectations" in my annual evaluation which will affect my raise; I believe I...

View more questions Search