Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So do you. In fact you did so in making that comment. We all do. It’s a legit part of living.
    No, I'm not judging, but am collecting data and reporting.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 01:21 PM
    What do you mean by judging?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 01:22 PM
    What do you mean by judging?
    Not loving.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 01:51 PM
    That’s not what judging means. It generally means to develop an opinion or reach a conclusion. But if you want to use unloving, then that’s fine. When have I been unloving?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 01:56 PM
    That’s not what judging means. It generally means to develop an opinion or reach a conclusion.
    A positive or negative opinion or conclusion.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 01:58 PM
    Are you really trying to say you have never reached a positive or negative conclusion???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 02:29 PM
    That has nothing to do with this discussion.

We were searching for a definition of the word judgment.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 03:02 PM
    No, you said that the word "judging" meant, "a positive or negative opinion or conclusion." So going on YOUR definition, you have judged as much as anyone here. And as I said earlier, to judge is necessary for living.

We were searching for a definition of the word judgment.
    No, we were not working on "judgement". YOU were looking for a definition of "judging". I already knew what it meant. You first said, "Not loving", and then you said what I quoted above. You are quite confused.

That has nothing to do with this discussion.
    A perfect example of judging.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2022, 06:17 PM
    Responding to you is so easy that I look forward to doing it.
    What you think of as easy is just your being manipulated by child psychology. It's very effective with you.

1. Matthew 25 was somehow tampered with "centuries" after it was written to include references to judgment. There is no reason at all to believe such a thing.
    2. The greek word "ainiosis" should not be translated as "eternal". There is no support for that, either, other than for the one instance of Robert Young's views from more than 150 years ago. All major translations and every Greek lexicon I have looked at all support the translation of "eternal". ................the Vulgate...........talking snakes......... "subjective".....
    Your demand that "Scripture" is required to prove or support any Biblical analysis puts you at the level of a fifth or sixth grader. That level is fine for children who need to grow into a mature approach as part of achieving adulthood. That is the primary reason you are unable to recognize the accuracy of the points above that you so anxiously disapprove of.

I know you've been unnerved in these conversations. That's obvious in many of your replies. I'm truly sorry about that. Growth is never easy. But a small crack in that wall you've constructed around yourself is a good thing. Growth begins with baby steps.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2022, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    How does God judge them? I don't know, that's not my department.
    Then why is JL judging them and sending them to hell?
    I have yet to see him do so.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 07:31 PM
    What you think of as easy is just your being manipulated by child psychology. It's very effective with you.

Your demand that "Scripture" is required to prove or support any Biblical analysis puts you at the level of a fifth or sixth grader. That level is fine for children who need to grow into a mature approach as part of achieving adulthood. That is the primary reason you are unable to recognize the accuracy of the points above that you so anxiously disapprove of.

I know you've been unnerved in these conversations. That's obvious in many of your replies. I'm truly sorry about that. Growth is never easy. But a small crack in that wall you've constructed around yourself is a good thing. Growth begins with baby steps.
    Most people would have tried to at least make one compelling argument in answer to my statements. It just demonstrates that you don't seem to have any. And yeah, any discussion of the Bible does require...the Bible.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 07:42 PM
    Then why is JL judging them and sending them to hell?
    I've been looking back over my calendar to see when the last time was I sent someone to hell. I don't seem to have any notes about that event, but I'll look more tomorrow!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 07:49 PM
    I've been looking back over my calendar to see when the last time was I sent someone to hell. I don't seem to have any notes about that event, but I'll look more tomorrow!
    Will Jews and Muslims and Sikhs and Hindus and Buddhists go to heaven?
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 08:02 PM
    See what Ephesians 2 says. Acts 4:12. 1 Timothy 2:5. John 14:6. John 8:24. Rom. 10:9. John 20:31. Acts 2:38. Rom. 3:21,22. Mt. 7:21-23. Heb. 5:9. Gal. 2:16. Acts 10:43.

I keep adding them lest you fall back on the silly plea of "cherry-picking".

John 17:3. John 12:36. John 3:16. Mt. 7:13. John 1:12.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 08:29 PM
    See what Ephesians 2 says. Acts 4:12. 1 Timothy 2:5. John 14:6.
    More loving people I have never met! Jesus says, "Love one another," and they do!
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 08:40 PM
    Amazing how you just blissfully ignore such a tidal wave of scripture. Not even Jesus speaking can change your stubborn mind. "No man comes to the Father but by me." "I said, therefore, to you, that ye shall die in your sins, for if ye may not believe that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins." If you don't tell them what Jesus said, then you have no love for them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 09:12 PM
    Jesus said to love, and my experience with many of them is that they do. Wonderful coworkers and friends! And many have made an effort to stay in touch with me.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 09:40 PM
    "No man comes to the Father but by me." "I said, therefore, to you, that ye shall die in your sins, for if ye may not believe that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins." If you don't tell them what Jesus said, then you have no love for them.

You must come to grips with the words of Jesus. Reject them, and you reject Him.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2022, 09:50 PM
    Jesus said to love, and my experience with many of them is that they do. Wonderful coworkers and friends! And many have made an effort to stay in touch with me.
    He said considerably more than that. JL has given you a good amount of it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2022, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    He said considerably more than that. JL has given you a good amount of it.
    Heaven will definitely offer some surprises! I so much look forward to it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Welcome to hell. [ 2 Answers ]

While walking down the street one day a 'Member of Congress' is tragically hit by a truck and dies. His soul arrives in heaven and is met by St. Peter at the entrance. 'Welcome to heaven,' says St. Peter. 'Before you settle in, it seems there is a problem. We seldom see a high official...

What about Hell? [ 26 Answers ]

Earlier, I started a discussion about heaven. Whether it was a state of mind or if it was a literal physical location. So, what about hell? Another physical location with fire-ey pits and a devil running around with a pitch fork or just the absence of the peaceful loving presence of God?

View more questions Search