Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 03:14 PM
    And again.

"You say you've read it (the John 3 passage), but you have not accepted and loved and believed it. Do that first, and then we can talk more."

Or you can choose to reject it, but you need to make up your mind before we can continue.

A botanist discovers a beautiful new variety of orchid on an uninhabited island. She writes a lengthy desctiption of the flower with its many varied colors. She sends it to a friend who responds with how beautiful the blue flower must be. "How can you consider the flower to be blue?" the botanist writes back. "Didn't you read my description of the many colors?" "It's simple," replied her friend. "I love blue, so I just ignore your many statements describing the other colors."

Reminds me of the approach to the Bible employed by some here.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Reminds me of the approach to the Bible employed by some here.
    If you only knew...
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 03:38 PM
    If you only knew...
    I think unfortunately for you, I do. It's why you are so resistant to responding to simple, straightforward requests like these.

"You say you've read it (the John 3 passage), but you have not accepted and loved and believed it. Do that first, and then we can talk more."

Or you can choose to reject it, but you need to make up your mind before we can continue.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 03:46 PM
    My mind has been made up since I was three days old.

I think unfortunately for you, I do. It's why you are so resistant to responding to simple, straightforward requests like these.
    Resistant to your gotcha requests?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 04:35 PM
    My mind has been made up since I was three days old.
    So confident that you are afraid to express it here. Sad.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 04:37 PM
    So confident that you are afraid to express it here. Sad.
    That makes absolutely no sense. Express what?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 04:39 PM

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 05:02 PM
    I was born again when I received the gift of Holy Baptism at the age of three days, was raised by my parents in the Christian faith, have been richly blessed and embraced by God, and will spend eternity with my Savior, Jesus Christ. God and I have an ongoing conversation with my wonderful younger son popping in with encouragements for me. Want me to recite the Apostles' Creed or the Nicene Creed or the Athanasian Creed?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:13 PM
    I don't think you will like those creeds. They're too similar to the Bible.

Nicene Creed. "He is to come with the same body and with the glory of the Father, to judge the living and the dead."

Apostle's Creed. "From thence he shall come to judge the quick (living) and the dead."

Athanasian Creed. "Which faith unless every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly."

"Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 07:17 PM
    And you know the origins and purposes of those creeds?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:24 PM
    You mean of the creeds you don't believe?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 07:29 PM
    You mean of the creeds you don't believe?
    Only God can judge, according to those creeds.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:31 PM
    They are clear that Jesus will judge. But at least you now agree that judgment will happen. Progress!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 07:32 PM
    ...according to those creeds, she said again, a bit louder.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:36 PM
    Read...the...text...more...slowly.

I will quote much of the Athanasian Creed for your benefit. The subject, as in all three passages I posted for you, is clearly Jesus.

For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 07:44 PM
    Give it up, JL. You knoweth not what you do.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:48 PM
    I knoweth how to read. You should try it. It is much better than playing fast and loose with the truth as you are doing now.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:53 PM
    And then, of course, there is still this.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 08:28 PM
    And then, of course, there is still this.

Good grief!!! You are obsessed -- or possessed!

No matter what I say, you find fault with it.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 09:06 PM
    The problem does not lie with what you've said in response to that inquiry. The problem is with your non-response, a fearful withholding of a decision. Why is that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Welcome to hell. [ 2 Answers ]

While walking down the street one day a 'Member of Congress' is tragically hit by a truck and dies. His soul arrives in heaven and is met by St. Peter at the entrance. 'Welcome to heaven,' says St. Peter. 'Before you settle in, it seems there is a problem. We seldom see a high official...

What about Hell? [ 26 Answers ]

Earlier, I started a discussion about heaven. Whether it was a state of mind or if it was a literal physical location. So, what about hell? Another physical location with fire-ey pits and a devil running around with a pitch fork or just the absence of the peaceful loving presence of God?

View more questions Search