Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2022, 06:19 AM
    One Man's Testimony
    This was reposted this morning on a social media site by a guy who went through our program about five years ago. We have stayed somewhat in touch since then. His life reflects the saving power of Christ.

Coming from an addiction and lifestyle so bad it’s really too embarrassing to speak of,….. and skipping past the graphic details…

My name is Eddie, and I believe the last couple of years the Lord shifted my will and set me on a mission that I could not accomplish without him, ultimately leading me to complete surrender.
    Having a strong will and an ambitious personality, I set out to get clean

My Strategy –
    Bringing thousands of dollars’ worth of narcotics into Detox Facilities across America, moving from one to another in order to successfully detox, …because their reduction plan would never work. I would have to do this myself, with their help of course. *(I could use their medical facilities and staff)*
    At the end of this mission (nearly 3 years), the highlights of my accomplishments are somewhat tragic, hardly believable, but mostly miraculous.
    I had been in massive wrecks, multiple jails, and so many hospitals that ICU and CCU was becoming the norm. It seemed like the harder I tried the worse it got. In fact, I was doing a lot better before,…but I was also spiritually sick and dying (being about 45 lbs underweight with severe medical problems).
    Despite my best efforts, I had now lost almost everything I owned. I remember blaming God. How could all this happen when I was trying so hard? I finally came to the conclusion that I had failed. If I ever had a chance, I passed it up long ago.

JOHN 13: 7
    Jesus – “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand”.

Nov 17th 2017 –
    After being discharged from another Detox Facility I sit in a motel room in Memphis, still doing enough drugs to keep me from getting sick every 2 hours.
    I remember calling my son and lying to him once again, telling him that I was fine and that I had finally done it (although I knew he would never believe that). I had begun to accept defeat and started planning out what little life I had left to benefit my children.
    After a useless attempt of trying to convince him that I was OK, he prayed for me over the phone. He then reached out to the church on my behalf, and 3 days later “Overflow Church” sponsored me into a Faith Based Recovery Program called “Righteous Oaks”. I would also learn that multiple congregations had been praying for me for some time.
    The Lord brought me to my knees out of desperation and it hasn’t been easy, but it has been great. It’s been 4 years now and not only am I free from chemical dependence, but I’ve come to realize that EVERYTHING is about JESUS and that he is my living hope.

MATTHEW 19: 26
    With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

Eddie's Sobriety Date: Nov. 20, 2017
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2022, 07:10 AM
    Wishing him continued success in his recovery .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is your testimony? [ 0 Answers ]

There are so many religions now. People believe different things and it has created great diversity. I think religion or beliefs should bring people together. I am collecting testimonies for a semester long project and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share? I believe that testimonies...

3rd party testimony [ 3 Answers ]

If a statement was taken from an individual by a police officer in regard to a complaint filed can that officer take the stand if the case goes to trial and repeat this statement and it be admitted as evidence or would it be considered "hear say"? Also would that individual be required to testify...

Testimony [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: Ain't Public TV great?? You never know what you might learn. Do you know where the term "testify" comes from?? I didn't either. In order to be believed in court, an ancient Athenian had to be holding the warm and dripping testicles of a goat he just sacrificed Isn't that...

View more questions Search