Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2022, 07:34 AM
    Govt subsidies for beach front McMansions
    So let's say you even qualify for a $million+ mortgage . Do you think taxpayers should guarantee them ?

I'm betting most people say no.

Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) said yesterday that it will increase the maximum size of mortgages that Fannie and Freddie cover(the conforming loan limit) to $1,089,300 in high cost areas .

FHFA Announces Conforming Loan Limit Values for 2023 | Federal Housing Finance Agency

US Government to Back Mortgages of More Than $1 Million (yahoo.com)

This of course is a giveaway to the Dem base in the Hamptons NY ; AND areas of California where median home prices exceed $1million like Orange County ($1.2 million), San Francisco ($1.3 million) and San Jose ($1.7 million).

You remember Fannie and Freddie. These were the government institutions that went bust after Dems like Barney Frank said it was a right for everyone to own a home. Taxpayers bailed them out with $190 billion monopoly bucks .

Lesson learned ? Nah . Instead as home prices increased post Great Recession so has government backed guarantees .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2022, 09:16 AM
    That would be a good place for the republican House to begin. Sadly, I doubt they will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1970's film - Young man owns beach house and a beach bum playing jazz [ 1 Answers ]

I'm seeking for the name of the film, director and actors about a movie of a young (possibly a fisherman) owns a beach house and I think has a octopus in a fish tank for a pet. Has a beach bum elderly friend who plays a jazz instrument. End of film, the bum dies from drowning. Does anyone...

Labor Supply Question - Childcare Subsidies? [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose childcare centres charge working parents per hour that their children spend at the centres (zero childcare fixed costs). The government passes a subsidy, so per hour cost per child borne by parents is reduced by half. Would this policy increase the labour supply of parents with young...

Who in congress voted for oil subsidies? [ 3 Answers ]

Name members of congress that voted for oil subsities.

What can I do after polytecnic? Can I get govt college after govt polytecnic. [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do after polytecnic? Can I get govt College after govt polytecnic.

Will I get govt. Job [ 2 Answers ]

Will I get government job as it is possible.

View more questions Search