Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2022, 05:09 AM
    Hardcore
    oh the horror !!! Musk took away the $400 lunches that no one was eating because they all worked remotely .

Elon Musk: Free Staff Lunches at Twitter HQ Cost $400 Each (businessinsider.com)

Staffers argued that the lunches no one was eating only cost $25 daily (that was close to the weekly budget I had when brown bagging )

Then the boss demanded that workers show up for work and to work "long hours at high intensity" . His memo to the bosses said "It is also expected that you have in-person meetings with your colleagues on a reasonable cadence, ideally weekly, but not less than once per month" .

Elon Musk sets more in-office requirements at Twitter (cnbc.com)

This prompted many Twitter employees to quit .

Twitter workers flee after Elon Musk's "hardcore" ultimatum - CBS News

These were no doubt the same ones who took to the platform to snipe at Musk.
    They apparently consider it unreasonable to show up for work; pay for your own lunch ;do the work you are hired to do ,and not take cheap shots at your boss on a platform he owns .

This is the 21st century desk jockey mentality . I spent my life working with blue collar essential workers . We got up early. Sat in traffic to commute to our jobs .Did a full day's work . Brown bagged or picked up a lunch at a deli in the half to one hour period we were allotted to have lunch ,We even did this while the rest of the country was getting paid to not work during the pandemic.

Now that the pandemic is over ,the desk jockey, surf the net at work crowd ,are angry that this freebee is coming to an end .

But that is not their big beef . That would be the fact that Twitter as a mouthpiece exclusively for progressive causes is coming to an end to be replaced by a forum with an open exchange of ideas . To the intolerant left ,that is forbode .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2022, 05:56 AM
    We need Musk to move over to the federal government and and start moving many of them out. That's the biggest gravy train in the world.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2022, 02:48 PM
    Rumor is that Twitter is running with about 50 employees. It begs the question what were the other employees doing (besides skipping those $400 lunches ) ??????????????????????????????
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2022, 03:41 PM
    Even if the lunches cost a mere fifty bucks, it's a lot more lunch than I ever got in 24 years as a school admin. I usually spent three bucks for the cafeteria meal.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2022, 05:35 AM
    I brown bagged it for a couple decades . When I moved to management I was able to put one of those mini-refrigerators in my office so I could prepare my lunches there . The bosses liked the idea that I could lunch at my desk answering work related texts that accumulated while I was on the plant floor .
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2022, 07:51 AM
    The compliant press is abandoning Twitter after Musk's 'hardcore ' message to Twitter employees and Trump's reinstatement on the platform .

CBS is the first that will "suspend " it's usage . The ususal suspects are soon to follow
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2022, 08:01 AM
    The compliant press is abandoning Twitter after Musk's 'hardcore ' message to Twitter employees and Trump's reinstatement on the platform .
    A definite vote against free speech. It's amazing how quickly liberals tend to pick up their toys and move elsewhere when the other kids won't play by their rules.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2022, 05:30 AM
    Evidently CBS is addicted to Twitter . After a very brief pause of 2 days ,they continued Tweeting , Appears that is the only place they get an audience?

Musk was amused

CBS News PR on Twitter: "After pausing for much of the weekend to assess the security concerns, CBS News and Stations is resuming its activity on Twitter as we continue to monitor the situation." / Twitter
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2022, 06:14 AM
    Security concerns. Yeah, I'm sure that's what it's all about.
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2022, 04:09 AM
    It is amazing the degree of melt down that is happening because Musk promised to restore free speech to Twitter . Not only did they say that the move would open a platform for misinformation ;hate speech ,and various "basket of deplorables " .They also said it would cause mass murder .
    Imran Ahmed, CEO of campaign group the 'Center for Countering Digital Hate' tweeted
    "You would have allowed vile people to put our lives in danger as journalists! You will have blood on your hands @elonmusk,"

Hopewell Chin’ono on Twitter: "@elonmusk This would be a major disaster especially in Africa where State sponsored Ghost accounts were suspended for endangering human rights activists & journalists! You would have allowed vile people to put our lives in danger as journalists! You will have blood on your hands @elonmusk" / Twitter

Alejandra Caraballo, clinical instructor at Harvard Law's cyberlaw clinic, told the Compost "It's like opening the gates of hell in terms of the havoc it will cause" .

Musk will restore Twitter accounts banned for harassment, misinformation - The Washington Post

These are foot soldiers who willing or unwittingly do the grunt work for the deep state leviathan that is growing increasingly comfortable with censorship by proxy media outlets .

In the face of these growing threats, U.S. policymakers must not inadvertently hamper the ability of U.S. technology platforms to counter increasing disinformation and cybersecurity risks, particularly as the West continues to rely on the scale and reach of these firms to push back on the Kremlin. But recently proposed congressional legislation would unintentionally curtail the ability of these platforms to target disinformation efforts and safeguard the security of their users in the U.S. and globally. Legislation from both the House and Senate requiring non-discriminatory access for all “business users” (broadly defined to include foreign rivals) on U.S. digital platforms would provide an open door for foreign adversaries to gain access to the software and hardware of American technology companies. Unfettered access to software and hardware could result in major cyber threats, misinformation, access to data of U.S. persons, and intellectual property theft. Other provisions in this legislation would damage the capability of U.S. technology companies to roll out integrated security tools to adequately screen for nefarious apps and malicious actors, weakening security measures currently embedded in device and platform operating systems. Our national security greatly benefits from the capacity of these platforms to detect and act against these types of risks and, therefore, must not be unintentionally impeded
    Microsoft Word - Document5 (punchbowl.news)

The intel community claims that the threat is external. But Clueless Joe and the deep state have made no secret that they consider a domestic threat even greater .

So far the intimidation is working . Twitter is losing advertisers ;and some are suggesting that the Big Tech monopoly power of companies like Google and Apple should be employed to de-platform Twitter like they did to Parler .

Twitter has lost half of its top 100 advertisers since Elon Musk became CEO : NPR

Elon Musk Will Make a New Phone If Apple and Google Ban Twitter (gizmodo.com)
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2022, 05:44 AM
    increasing disinformation
    So I guess that is referring to the state-sponsored suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story? "Nothing to see here."
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2022, 06:09 AM
    Well yes . This is now a big thing with Musk and Twitter .

On November 23 user ALX on Twitter called on Musk to “make public all internal discussions about the decision to censor the @NYPost’s story on Hunter Biden’s laptop before the 2020 Election.” On Thanksgiving Musk tweeted “This is necessary to restore public trust.”

This set the deep state ,the compliant press that had not admitted to the suppression( CBS being the latest ....before them the Slimes and Compost admitted it in March) and all the usual suspect's hair on fire. We yet to hear from the 51 ex -intel people who denounced the story as Russian propaganda .

The Slimes even sorta suggested that Quid Pro Joe was involved .

It is not clear whether the criminal probe is focused solely on Hunter Biden, or if he is among a group of individuals and companies being scrutinized.

Hunter Biden Paid Tax Bill, but Federal Investigation Goes On - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Flashback because I am burdened by history

Dean Skelos was the Repub Majority Leader of the New York State Senate. His son Adam was an unemployed wastrel . Dean arranged that his son would have a no show job in exchange for a Nassau County contract. Small potatoes compared to what the Biden are alleged to have done . But since he was a Repub US district Att Preet Bharaha was on the case .

The fallout from the case was that both Dean and Adam were charged with 6 counts of bribery ,wire fraud ,extortion ,and conspiracy .They were found guilty and sentenced to prison .Dean Skelos to 5 years in prison, and Adam Skelos to 6 1/2 years in prison .The convictions were affirmed by the Second Circuit in 2021.The main issue on the appeal, was whether it can be bribery when a payment is made not in return for some specific official act, but rather in return for a general expectation that the politician will act favorably “as opportunities arise” in the future. In NY the answer is yes it is bribery (at least if it is a Repub)
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2022, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Flashback because I am burdened by history

Dean Skelos was the Repub Majority Leader of the New York State Senate. His son Adam was an unemployed wastrel . Dean arranged that his son would have a no show job in exchange for a Nassau County contract. Small potatoes compared to what the Biden are alleged to have done . But since he was a Repub US district Att Preet Bharaha was on the case .

The fallout from the case was that both Dean and Adam were charged with 6 counts of bribery ,wire fraud ,extortion ,and conspiracy .They were found guilty and sentenced to prison .Dean Skelos to 5 years in prison, and Adam Skelos to 6 1/2 years in prison .The convictions were affirmed by the Second Circuit in 2021.The main issue on the appeal, was whether it can be bribery when a payment is made not in return for some specific official act, but rather in return for a general expectation that the politician will act favorably “as opportunities arise” in the future. In NY the answer is yes it is bribery (at least if it is a Repub)
    So bribery, wire fraud, extortion and conspiracy are crimes only when committed by Republicans - all others go free.

You certainly ARE burdened by history - among other things.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2022, 05:50 AM
    Musk met with Apple boss Tim Cook. They agreed that it would be very stupid of Apple to de-platform Twitter and for Apple to remove it's ads from Twitter .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding after hardcore sex. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had hardcore sex and the next day when I went to pee it hurt as soon as I'm done peeing and I bleed what is it I'm really scared I have no idea what it is and for sure it's not my period?

Lipoburn Hardcore questions? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was thinking of taking a product called Lipoburn Hardcore to aid in weight loss and was hoping you fine people could offer some assistance. I am fairly active (train 3 - 4 times a week) and am beginning to eat healthier. It isn't so much that my previous eating was unhealthy, it was...

View more questions Search