Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2022, 05:55 AM
    Retail theft
    The lawlessness the Dems encourage is costing millions of dollars

According to Target CFO Michael Fiddelke reported that the company lost $400 million to organized theft .

"and we expect it will reduce our gross margin by more than $600 million for the full year."

Target: 'Organized retail crime' drove $400 million in extra profit loss this year (yahoo.com)

Investors started dumping Target stock after this announcement during it's 3rd qtr report.Shares plummeting by 13% in the session.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2022, 07:01 AM
    And guess who gets to pay for these losses through increased prices?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 18, 2022, 09:38 AM
    Sounds more like a cover up for some lax accounting practices....
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2022, 10:28 AM
    I believe it . This is happening all over over America

Gone in 60 seconds: $16,000 stolen in flash mob thefts at Kalamazoo County beauty store - YouTube

Dozens storm California Nordstrom in brazen flash mob-style robbery | ABC7 - YouTube
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2022, 02:09 PM
    The recent devastating hurricanes and floods were clearly without a doubt the work of the Democratic Party - right, Tomder?
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2022, 02:14 PM
    The recent devastating hurricanes and floods were clearly without a doubt the work of the Democratic Party - right, Tomder?
    Good grief. Tom, I can only say that you seem to be a man of infinite patience and self-control.
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2022, 03:19 PM
    mostly ignore the spit balls from the cheap seats .
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2022, 04:14 AM
    Walmart is sending out the warning too .

“Theft is an issue. It’s higher than what it has historically been,”

Walmart CEO says shoplifting could lead to price jumps, store closures (cnbc.com)

Walmart Loses $3 Billion a Year to Theft | Fortune
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2023, 04:05 AM
    Walmart announced it was shutting down it's last 2 locations in Portland . There will be 600 layoffs . It is the smart move to make in the wake of record theft of merchandise ;assaults on their employees , and the government's refusal to protect retail stores and enforce law .

This follows Rain PDX's decision to close in Portland in Novemberr . More to follow.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2023, 03:06 PM
    Inflation....... Target expects their losses due to retail theft in 2023 to top $500 million
    Target says organized retail crime-fueled losses have shot up (cnbc.com)

The city of Seattle had to suspend mail delivery to an entire zip code due to theft of mail . Residents of zip code 98118 had to pick up their mail at the local post office until Tuesday this week when the post office changed the master lock in the apartment buildings in the area,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2023, 03:35 PM
    Two fb friends who live in Vancouver gave me very detailed instructions on how to shoplift without getting caught, despite security cameras. There are even youtube videos on how to successfully shoplift. And prices are out of sight!
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2023, 05:41 PM
    prices are what they are theft is theft and it is criminal .

I assure you the people shoplifting are not concerned about avoiding detection They know exactly how much they can take without being charged by Soros funded prosecutors

yeah Google 'shoplifting in San Francisco and you get multiple hits. They don't bother to charge anyone at $950 value plundered or less. Technically it is a misdemeanor .But cops don't bother arresting ;especially when there is a flash mob paid by organized crime.

Home Depot is citing similar losses to TARGET . Both big box store chains want the Feds to act because it is organized crime we are talking about (it is not poor people concerned about the price of eggs )

Congress has proposed to give DHS more power to combat this .
    (S140 - Combatting Organized Retail Crime Act )

I question the effectiveness of such a Federal response . But it feels good to say there is a Federal law for something that local law enforcement could easily handle if local political leaders had the testicular fortitude to do something about it .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2023, 06:51 PM
    Hey, tomder! I should send you my flash-rob story. It happened at 7-11. (Inspired by flash-mob stories at stores on Chicago's Magnificent Mile!)
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2023, 03:05 PM
    please do The Magnificent Miles used to be right up there with 5th Ave NYC
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2023, 04:54 PM
    Here it is!

We had decided to do it at a convenience store for practice. Who’s we? Well. There was me, of course. And LaTrisha and Shachi and Juana and Megan and Li’l Bit and Ronette. They were my special girls, my sisters, my family.

In my bio family, I’m the middle child in between two sets of brothers -- two older brothers and twin baby brothers. Somehow I got lost in the shuffle. You’d think my parents would fuss over and cherish their only (may I add adorable-looking?) daughter, but nope! No fussing over and cherishing here, sad to say. My two older brothers were star athletes and got top grades so they were fussed over and cherished. My twin brothers were bonus babies that had appeared after our parents gave up on having any more kids after me, plus the babies were preemies, so more fussing and cherishing.

I was an old lady of twelve when the twins were born, so it fell to me to do the housecleaning and laundry and cat-litter scooping and even some of the cooking because Mom was either busy with the twins or had collapsed into a heap, trying to squeeze in a nap. Dad was never around (hmmm, where was he in the evenings?), so I also had to cut the grass and shovel the snow once my older brothers had gone off to college.

My parents never blessed me with sisters, so I had to find my own. And I did. That’s where my new “family” came in. We were all high school seniors. We all lived in Tomball, Texas. We’d all been friends since middle school, and we all got along just fine. Sure, we’d had our moments – jealousy and cattiness and even sucky neediness. None of us had ever been a social butterfly. And all of us came from what the psychologists would call “dysfunctional” families. Maybe that’s why we’d stayed friends for so long. That neediness came out especially loud and clear whenever we needed – get that? needed -- a
    shoulder to cry on. So we pulled together and supported each other – like our real bio-families were supposed to do.

Not a single one of us did drugs. Well, I will admit maybe we smoked a little bit of weed now and then, but no street drugs. And some alcohol, of course. Notice I said “some.” We weren’t drunks, although Juana seemed to be headed down that road. She did so love her tequila! All of us smoked filter ciggies. Despite all that, our grades were Cs and even better, so we figured we’d gr aduate in June. After that who knew what would become of us. Oh, forgot to mention – we were all virgins!
    How ‘bout them apples! Hard to believe, but it was true.

In March, we were trying to think of a specTACKular way to end our senior year. Most of the seniors were looking forward to the Senior Prom in May. The gym would be decorated real nice, and there’d be a table full of food and, of course, the ubiquitous (“ubiquitous” – ya like that ten-dollar word? See, I’m not stupid!) punch bowl. Yeah, the punch bowl with a chaperone guarding it so no body spiked it. Me and my sisters had a couple of ideas on how to end our senior year with a bang. And what a bang it turned out to be!

Well, guess I’ll tell you the result of our vote. 7-11 won. We were thinking of driving into Houston and hanging out at the Galleria for a while, rubbing elbows with rich people. We’d eventually flash-rob The Gap or maybe Banana Republic, but we needed to do a practice run somewhere first. That’s where 7-11 came in. We next had to figure out the best way to do it so we didn’t get caught.

Li’l Bit liked to go to the library, so she did some research for us. She found out about teen flash robs on Chicago’s swanky Magnificent Mile where all the snobs shop. Apparently, teens connect on social media like Twitter, gather near the appointed rob-site, like Nordstrom’s or Saks Fifth Avenue, and hang around outside, looking like they are window shopping or just chatting on the street corner. When a signal is given -- get this! in broad daylight -- they swoop into a store, grab all they can within a few minutes, and run back out onto the street and disappear before security or police can catch them.

7-11 seemed to be the perfect place to practice. There’s usually only one clerk on the premises, so that’s seven against one. We’d been scoping out a 7-11 that’s in another suburb (yes, we all have driver’s licenses and vehicles). We’d been watching for less-busy times, with a couple of us at a time shopping there to see what can be quickly and easily grabbed (think candy, snacks, doughnuts, a six-pack of pop – just one handful. Hey, we weren’t greedy, just practicing!)

We wondered how we were going to flash-rob the store so the clerk wouldn’t recognize any of us from past visits. Well, we came up with a beaut of a plan! But the ending wasn’t what we planned. At. All. We had decided to paint on clown faces and wear clown wigs, but dress in regular clothes. We’d flash rob, then run back out to our vehicles, quickly wipe off the clown makeup and pull off the wigs as we drove away in different directions. Oh, and we’d have already altered or covered our license plates so nobody could trace us that way. We fortified ourselves for our “shopping spree” by sharing two extra-large garbage pizzas. I went in first as the front man (front girl? front clown?) and chatted up the clerk, a cute young guy who was probably working his way through college. There weren’t any other customers. The “clowns” followed me in. I told him we had been the entertainment and face painters at a kid’s birthday party and stopped here on our way home to pick up stuff. (Did you catch that? “pick up stuff”? ha ha)

The clowns scattered as they walked down various aisles. I asked the clerk for a couple cartons of Winston Super Slims Fresh Menthol cigarettes. Of course. he wanted to see my ID. I took my sweet time fishing around in my huge purse, looking for my wallet, chatting about the fake birthday party and flirting a bit and giggling to make cover-up
    noises and keep him occupied.

To further drag things out while I was rummaging in my purse. I asked him if he’d ever heard the old Winston commercial. He said no, so....

I cheerfully recited it for him: “Winston tastes good like a *clap* *clap* cigarette should.” The *clap* *clap* was a signal to the clowns to head for the front door and get out fast. And they did. I closed my purse, grabbed the two ciggie cartons, and spun around to follow them. Much to my amazement, two strong masculine arms encircled my upper body and pinned my arms to my side. “Drop the cigarettes, lady!” I dropped them and watched my sisters drive away without me. I
    stomped hard on the guy’s instep, heard him swear, but his grip didn’t loosen. I wiggled and struggled and twisted around enough to see that it was indeed the clerk. (I found out later he’d jumped over the counter to grab me.) I managed to slide one arm loose and scratch him across his cute little face.

A minute later, a cop car pulled up to the front door, the lightbar flashing red and blue. The cop swaggered in and almost fell over laughing. “That’s a new one! A clown robbing a 7-11. You’re under arrest, clown!” He guffawed through the Miranda warning as he cuffed my hands behind my back, then roughly dragged me out to his car and shoved me into the back seat.

I promptly threw up partly digested pizza. Twice.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2023, 05:04 AM
    Must've been written pre-pandemic. Herr Doctor Fauci gave everyone a readymade, mandatory to wear, disguise.

Video US sees spate of flash mob robberies - ABC News (go.com)
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2023, 03:40 PM
    (1) James Woods on Twitter: "Never ends… https://t.co/v3BSuLcQww" / Twitter
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 4, 2023, 03:51 PM
    Two of my FB friends live in the crime-ridden East side of Vancouver, Canada. They told me how to shoplift without getting caught and sent me YouTube videos too.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2023, 04:06 PM
    It's even better in some American cities. Getting caught is no big deal. In SF, anything under 950 dollars is considered a misdemeanor and is generally not even prosecuted.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2023, 04:57 PM
    $86.6 billion in shrinkage from retail theft last year . Who do you think pays it ? On average consumers pay $500 extra .

Yeah your friends in Vancover have it tough . Only 1 in 100 shoplifters are arrested .

But tell your friends that they could be up against organized crime and competing in the same space.

retail theft organized crime - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retail theft over 300 [ 3 Answers ]

Well me and my husband went to walmart the other day and when I walked away to get a soda he tried to walk out the door with everything we had in the cart I wasn't with him when he walked out cause I guess as soon as I went to get a soda he hurried out the door. I went back to the garden center...

Retail theft [ 0 Answers ]

Arrested for retail theft, on survelliance, booked on misdemeanor. Now calling me to come back to store to talk. Never read me rights. Can additional charges be added should I go in store? No previous record need some input. Will I get probation? Can I get court supervision? Can't sleep feel...

Retail Theft [ 7 Answers ]

My husband recently received a claim for retail theft of which he is not guilty but still got accused and fired for because of. They are asking us to settle outside of court and pay $350. We are wondering if we settle will it still tarnish his work record.

Retail theft [ 2 Answers ]

What is the offense for a retail theft under 40 dollars, after they accused me of stealing personal pictures, I paid for them after the citation was given to contact the court. My question is will I get jail time for a first offense of a small amount of retail theft, even though I paid for the...

Retail theft under $150, in PA [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I got caught for doing something very stupid retail theft... my gut said don't do it and I still did. I was just trying to see how people do it and not get caught heard from other people, watching TV no one ever gets caught. People who do it first time and don't know how to do it get caught....

View more questions Search